Windows 10: Reset Password

Discus and support Reset Password in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My utility company have asked me to reset my password because of some restructuring work. They`ve told me the format I must use (at least one upper... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Terrysutt, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Terrysutt Win User

Reset Password

My utility company have asked me to reset my password because of some restructuring work.

They`ve told me the format I must use (at least one upper case,one lower case + symbols etc.)

but they also say there must be one didgit, what do they mean by this?

:)

Terrysutt, Aug 20, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 20, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

Reset Password

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Reset Password

1. Reset Password - Similar Threads - Reset Password

2. create a password reset disk is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a password reset disk is not working: When I try to open create password reset disk . It show nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-password-reset-disk-is-not-working/5af9bf9f-0d0c-4482-83b1-6c6fad21a781
  3. How to reset or change account's password

How to reset or change account's password: Hello,I forgot my current password used to sign in to Window 10 Pro. Changing password requires me to enter the current password, however I am using PIN to sign in to the Window. Is there any ways without using the current password? Thank you,...
  4. How to reset or change account's password singing to Windows

How to reset or change account's password singing to Windows: Hello,I forgot my current password used to sign in to Window 10 Pro. Changing password requires me to enter the current password, however I am using PIN to sign in to the Window. Is there any ways without using the current password? Thank you,...
  5. Password reset for signing into pc

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password reset for signing into pc: I have a Microsoft account connected to my machine. However, I have forgotten my password and security questions since I never use them. When I tried to reset the password in the Microsoft web and succeed, the same password should have applied to my machine for signing in....
  6. reset password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    reset password: 1:30 in the morning, I turn on my computer and you jerks have lock me out of my computer and ask me for my Microsoft password that I have forgotten. You offer to email me, but that is stupid because you have locked me out of my computer. You say you'll text me, but that...
  7. How to reset Admin account - forgot password!

How to reset Admin account - forgot password!: Hi all,I completely forgot my windows admin account password, less than three months after creating it.How on earth can I reset it?Do I have to back everything up and basically wipe the entire computer just to get administrative privileges back?Or is there an easier...
  8. Windows 10 Bitlocker Recovery Cannot Access Internet to Reset Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Bitlocker Recovery Cannot Access Internet to Reset Password: Good day everyone,I have run across a problem that I cannot find references to or solve. For some reason on May 17 Bitlocker actively engaged one of our Dell Windows 10 laptops. The laptop is my sister-in-laws and she does not use her Microsoft Live pin code nor has she set...
  9. I send a password reset request during a Microsoft update and the email arrived in...

I send a password reset request during a Microsoft update and the email arrived in...: My computer pushed a Microsoft upgrade. Once done, I could not get into my computer without submitting a Username and Password. I requested a password reset and the email arrive in Portuguese. I took note only of the security code and used it to reset the password. I t was...
  10. How to reset login method from PIN back to password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to reset login method from PIN back to password?: After a recent Windows Update, my 90 year old mother lost access to her computer. On startup, the login screen now asks for a PIN, but she has never set one. She knows her password, but there is no longer an option to enter it instead of a PIN. The only option is to reset a...