Windows 10: Reset password

Discus and support Reset password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm am currently getting emails that give me a code for resetting my password. Currently there is noone in my home doing it, so I have a feeling its... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Westcottjr, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Reset password

I'm am currently getting emails that give me a code for resetting my password. Currently there is noone in my home doing it, so I have a feeling its someone trying to get into my account. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

:)

Westcottjr, Jun 16, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 16, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

Reset password

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Reset password

1. Reset password - Similar Threads - Reset password

2. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  3. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  4. password and pin unable to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password and pin unable to reset: Whenever I try to login sometimes it makes me try to do the PIN, and I cannot for the life of me remember what the pin was when I first got the laptop, so I normally just reset and it'll take face or fingerprint login as usual. If I try to use my password it says my password...
  5. password and pin unable to reset

password and pin unable to reset: Whenever I try to login sometimes it makes me try to do the PIN, and I cannot for the life of me remember what the pin was when I first got the laptop, so I normally just reset and it'll take face or fingerprint login as usual. If I try to use my password it says my password...
  6. How to factory reset without password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to factory reset without password: I can't remember my computer password what so ever. Whenever I click "forgot password" I fill out all that information but then it says "something went wrong". I can't change the password or have access to any of the files. I have also tried pressing the shift button as it...
  7. How to factory reset without password

How to factory reset without password: I can't remember my computer password what so ever. Whenever I click "forgot password" I fill out all that information but then it says "something went wrong". I can't change the password or have access to any of the files. I have also tried pressing the shift button as it...
  8. How to factory reset without password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. How do I factory reset a windows 10 computor without the password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I factory reset a windows 10 computor without the password.: Hello, I need help factory resetting my father's old computer. It is on Windows 10. He passed away, and I don't know the password to his Microsoft account or PC. I tried to guess it multiple times, and it hasn't worked. I also tried the method where you hold shift press the...
  10. How do I factory reset a windows 10 computor without the password.

How do I factory reset a windows 10 computor without the password.: Hello, I need help factory resetting my father's old computer. It is on Windows 10. He passed away, and I don't know the password to his Microsoft account or PC. I tried to guess it multiple times, and it hasn't worked. I also tried the method where you hold shift press the...