Windows 10: Reset PC after a virus. (Now windows wont activate)

Discus and support Reset PC after a virus. (Now windows wont activate) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Basically. I have reset my PC meaning my Windows has been reinstalled. I have a good copy of Windows 10 Pro but for some reason it keeps coming up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by reecepilmore, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Reset PC after a virus. (Now windows wont activate)

Basically.

I have reset my PC meaning my Windows has been reinstalled.

I have a good copy of Windows 10 Pro but for some reason it keeps coming up saying "You cannot connect to business account" ? Can someone explain or explain why my PC now has to be re-activated but I can't.

Cheers

:)

reecepilmore, Jan 6, 2019

2. Windows is not activated following "reset this pc"

My latest rebuild was done using:
    • Reset this PC.
    • Don't keep files.

I now see the conflicting output as show in post #16.

Also I have a watermark on my desktop. Is this normal?

Reset PC after a virus. (Now windows wont activate) [​IMG]

the5krunner, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Reset PC after a virus. (Now windows wont activate)

PC shut down, wont turn back on

The fan twitch is it powering up and then the psu is noteing a short and cutting out hence why it wont do it again straight after until it's reset, something is blown or shorted out so you need to do as someone suggested and split the pc out then, on a table build the minimum up as he said and step by step see what's happening.

theoneandonlymrk, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Reset PC after a virus. (Now windows wont activate)

1. Reset PC after a virus. (Now windows wont activate) - Similar Threads - Reset virus wont

2. virus protection disappeared after pc reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virus protection disappeared after pc reset: my windows security was working fine, then I reset my pc and now it says my IT administrator has limited access. please help, I dont want to use other security apps, I am currently on Windows 11 21h2. I have tried solutions that worked for other people but they're not...
  3. virus protection disappeared after pc reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virus protection disappeared after pc reset: my windows security was working fine, then I reset my pc and now it says my IT administrator has limited access. please help, I dont want to use other security apps, I am currently on Windows 11 21h2. I have tried solutions that worked for other people but they're not...
  4. reset pc and now usb ports wont work?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reset pc and now usb ports wont work?: hi, i reset my pc yesterday like mid day chose to keep files but now none of the usb ports are working and as my keyboard and mouse are wired, i can’t use them to fix it. i’ve tried doing a start up repair in advanced options and it said “repairing disk errors” but didn’t do...
  5. reset pc and now usb ports wont work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reset pc and now usb ports wont work?: hi, i reset my pc yesterday like mid day chose to keep files but now none of the usb ports are working and as my keyboard and mouse are wired, i can’t use them to fix it. i’ve tried doing a start up repair in advanced options and it said “repairing disk errors” but didn’t do...
  6. reset pc and now usb ports wont work?

7. Windows not activating after reset of PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not activating after reset of PC.: I bought my laptop with windows 10 and after windows 11 update I was having some issues with photo viewing, Microsoft store and other apps. So, I decided to reset my pc and reinstall windows. Then after reset as I opened settings I saw windows is not activated automatically...
  8. Windows not activating after reset of PC.

Windows not activating after reset of PC.: I bought my laptop with windows 10 and after windows 11 update I was having some issues with photo viewing, Microsoft store and other apps. So, I decided to reset my pc and reinstall windows. Then after reset as I opened settings I saw windows is not activated automatically...
  9. pc wont reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    pc wont reset: I tryed to reset my pc and go with keep my files gets half way done and goes back to the troubleshoot menu it will not let me reset everytime I try to reset it it takes me back....
  10. Windows 10 pro was activated and now it's not after a reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 pro was activated and now it's not after a reset.: I recently upgraded from 7 to 10 pro. When I initially installed windows 10 pro mid installation I had a power outage I couldnt connect to the internet and I suspect had a corrupt driver/clear failed installation. So I did a reset. This bought me back to square one and all...