Windows 10: Reset pc and now microsoft edge and ms-settings dont work!!

Discus and support Reset pc and now microsoft edge and ms-settings dont work!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have reset a RCA Tablet for my daughter. When it finished resetting the start tab didn't work. I finally got that working but Microsoft edge and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jgroll78, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Jgroll78 Win User

Reset pc and now microsoft edge and ms-settings dont work!!

Hi I have reset a RCA Tablet for my daughter. When it finished resetting the start tab didn't work. I finally got that working but Microsoft edge and the settings page doesn't work. Now I tried all the powershell and cmd codes I think I could. The Appxpackages and all!! nothing is working am I missing something simple?

:)

Jgroll78, Jan 2, 2020
  2. Jgroll78 Win User

Hi I have reset a RCA Tablet for my daughter. When it finished resetting the start tab didn't work. I finally got that working but Microsoft edge and the settings page doesn't work. Now I tried all the powershell and cmd codes I think I could. The Appxpackages and all!! nothing is working am I missing something simple?

Jgroll78, Jan 2, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User

As you can boot, I'd suggest
    a. Create a new user for test purposes, log in as that user and see if you have the same problem.
    This is an important diagnostic step. If not, the problem rests with the user profile.
    b. If you do see the same problem, try an in place upgrade repair install which keeps all progs and data.
    Tutorial available.

Now despite the forum prompts you have not stated your Windows build. Therefore you have the following possibilities:

a. Upgrade to a later build if your current build is old.
    b. In-place upgrade repair of your current build. If that's 1909, get an iso with the MS media creation tool (Google it).
    c. If an older build, get a iso of that build with e.g. Heidoc iso downloader (Google it)

As you have a tablet (no specs given) you may have restricted storage. Therefore consider as source for your in-place upgrade repair or upgrade, an iso file on an external disk which you rt click and mount.

dalchina, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Reset pc and now microsoft edge and ms-settings dont work!! - Similar Threads - Reset microsoft edge

2. Where is MS EDGE now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is MS EDGE now?: Dear Sir/madam:As a immigrant, years ago I often use MS EDGE to read some short English file to correct my pronunciation.But now I can not find that EDGE again. Do you know the change? --z...
  3. Where is MS EDGE now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is MS EDGE now?: Dear Sir/madam:As a immigrant, years ago I often use MS EDGE to read some short English file to correct my pronunciation.But now I can not find that EDGE again. Do you know the change? --z...
  4. Reset Photos app, all MS apps now not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Photos app, all MS apps now not working: My MS Photos app kept crashing. I reset it and now MS Store and all apps within the store are not loading. MS Store appears to be gone showing 0 bytes. Other apps appear to still be there but will not open. I've done the code-pasting in powershell Admin, reset the Store app,...
  5. Now MS is promoting the new Edge even in the settings app header

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Now MS is promoting the new Edge even in the settings app header: [IMG] submitted by /u/Pesanur [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ju7s4x/now_ms_is_promoting_the_new_edge_even_in_the/
  6. Exploit settings for MS Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exploit settings for MS Edge: Over rides for new Microsoft Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exploit-settings-for-ms-edge/fdc93de3-254c-4b82-8c12-613ed18ec34d
  7. Edge Chromium - Help Improve MS Edge settings?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium - Help Improve MS Edge settings?: I had installed Edge Chromium (Enterprise) from the below link WITHOUT setting Group Policies and I am just curious as to why these settings are greyed-out? I have no problem with it on leaving these settings turned OFF. But just out of curiosity. Maybe the Enterprise...
  8. reset microsoft edge

in Browsers and Email
    reset microsoft edge: how do I reset zoom to 100 in Microsoft edge there is no indicator which shows if I am zoomed in or out 137946
  9. MS EDGE not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS EDGE not working: After the October updates, MS EDGE was no longer operative. I did a rollback and lost many programs (had to reinstall them), and STILL, MS EDGE has an icon, but does not work. Ideas?...
  10. start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working: i have a surface pro 2017 i5 128GB very low responding and windows keep updating very often, so i decided to do a reset delete all files, i didn't do the backup since i think that setting etc was not best after reset, i found the start menu, setting menu, search, not...