Windows 10: Reset PC and now on boot up asks for forgotten power up password

Discus and support Reset PC and now on boot up asks for forgotten power up password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Help! Husband reset PC and can't remember power on password. What can I do? Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CindyAhing, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Reset PC and now on boot up asks for forgotten power up password

Help! Husband reset PC and can't remember power on password. What can I do?

Thanks!

:)

CindyAhing, Jul 16, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 16, 2018
  3. ManojKumarMK, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Reset PC and now on boot up asks for forgotten power up password

forgotten user password

Do you use a Microsoft Account to login to your computer? If so, you can reset it online. If not, your options locally are limited to doing things like a factory reset (so your computer is "good as new" and you can pick a new password that you want to
    use).

Here's a listing of all your options to reset a forgotten Windows Password.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Reset PC and now on boot up asks for forgotten power up password

1. Reset PC and now on boot up asks for forgotten power up password - Similar Threads - Reset boot asks

2. PC was reset now when booting up pulls up motherboard then blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC was reset now when booting up pulls up motherboard then blue screen: Had to reset my pc but now when I start it up it starts it's normal process then blue screen bad system config stop code and I cant load into my bios boot menu. Need help!...
  3. PC was reset now when booting up pulls up motherboard then blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC was reset now when booting up pulls up motherboard then blue screen: Had to reset my pc but now when I start it up it starts it's normal process then blue screen bad system config stop code and I cant load into my bios boot menu. Need help!...
  4. PC was reset now when booting up pulls up motherboard then blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Boot up password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Boot up password: I have a Acer Laptop that has been in storage for 3 years. I forgot the password to open the computer and the clue does not ring a bell. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-up-password/00e7b475-a55d-414b-ac55-5be356bc5898
  6. Reset my laptop and Now asking for a password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset my laptop and Now asking for a password: So I reset my laptop and now it's asking for a password that I didn't even put up. Is there any USB bootable software through which I can remove the password submitted by /u/Ojash5 [link] [comments]...
  7. PC Boots up into power saving mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Boots up into power saving mode: Hi, My pc was working fine. When I moved it from my brothers house to my, it booted up into power saving mode. Could you please help. I have removed the ram and wiped the copper slots, however it has not solved the problem. Please help. AO...
  8. System asking for password during boot up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System asking for password during boot up.: I'm trying to help a friend with a computer issue he is having. From what he tells me, his computer was running slow and he tried to speed it up by factory resetting his computer. When all as said and done, he tried starting his computer but during boot up it asks for a...
  9. Can't boot up without it asking for either a pin or password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't boot up without it asking for either a pin or password: Hi, I had to format the C drive that windows was installed on yesterday. Previous to that I used to press my power button, then shortly after that my desktop came up and I was ready to go. This does not now happen, and I want to get it back to what it was like before. So...
  10. Can't boot up without it asking for either a pin or password

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot up without it asking for either a pin or password: Hi, I had to format the C drive that windows was installed on yesterday. Previous to that I used to press my power button, then shortly after that my desktop came up and I was ready to go. This does not now happen, and I want to get it back to what it was like before. So...