Windows 10: Reset PC But Cannot Designate Where Files Will Be Stored

Discus and support Reset PC But Cannot Designate Where Files Will Be Stored in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just did a reset from a new downloaded copy of W10. Before the reset I had no problem designating the E drive as the storage location for new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TJR-RLR, Jan 20, 2022.

1. TJR-RLR Win User

Reset PC But Cannot Designate Where Files Will Be Stored

Just did a reset from a new downloaded copy of W10. Before the reset I had no problem designating the E drive as the storage location for new documents. After the reset, it says I don't have control, even though I've set permissions for all listed users. Help please!

:)

TJR-RLR, Jan 20, 2022
  2. lx07 Win User

Windows Store Reset

Why did you delete them?

It wasn't working for me, set up as live tile but not updating the picture. I then went to featured app in the store as you suggested, then ran wsreset and it started working.

Was that your steps? I did read them but I forgot what they are now and I seem to have only done 2 steps.

3. David Haz Win User
    Windows Store error 0x8000FFFF

Hello,

We suggest that you reset the Windows Store and see if it resolves the issue. To reset Windows Store, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R to open the Run window.
    • Type the following command:
      • wsreset.exe

• Wait for it to finish, then restart your PC.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Jan 20, 2022
  4. Platibus Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

1. Reset PC But Cannot Designate Where Files Will Be Stored - Similar Threads - Reset Cannot Designate

2. Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC": Hello!My computer broke down and I cannot turn it on anymore. I was able to do a backup of my files from local disk drive [C], however I lost all the files that were saved under "This PC" ... They were also not stored in "ONE Drive". So I wonder where are they stored and how...
  3. Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC": Hello!My computer broke down and I cannot turn it on anymore. I was able to do a backup of my files from local disk drive [C], however I lost all the files that were saved under "This PC" ... They were also not stored in "ONE Drive". So I wonder where are they stored and how...
  4. Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Reset PC But Cannot Designate Where Files Will Be Stored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset PC But Cannot Designate Where Files Will Be Stored: Just did a reset from a new downloaded copy of W10. Before the reset I had no problem designating the E drive as the storage location for new documents. After the reset, it says I don't have control, even though I've set permissions for all listed users. Help please!...
  6. Reset PC But Cannot Designate Where Files Will Be Stored

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reset PC But Cannot Designate Where Files Will Be Stored: Just did a reset from a new downloaded copy of W10. Before the reset I had no problem designating the E drive as the storage location for new documents. After the reset, it says I don't have control, even though I've set permissions for all listed users. Help please!...
  7. Change where files are stored to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change where files are stored to: Under Settings/Storage, I read that it is possible to change where files, such as documents, downloads, and pictures, are stored. But the drop-down menu next to each item doesn't give me an option to change the location. Can I change the storage settings to OneDrive or an...
  8. Where are whiteboard files stored?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are whiteboard files stored?: In fact, are they stored.....? Can't find a file anywhere with them so if my computer crashes I lose them all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-whiteboard-files-stored/5147e05a-cf4a-4bfb-be84-68e65b375d57
  9. PC cannot reset and files are corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC cannot reset and files are corrupted: Hello, I have attempted to reset my pc and got to a stage where i corrupted my files. Details Edition: Windows 10 System type: 64-bit Make: Custom Built PC (Bought from somebody else) Any recent changes: No Problems 1. I am unable to reset my PC. It throws an error...
  10. Where GWX Files Are Stored

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where GWX Files Are Stored: For anyone interested where all the GWX files(with types) & folders are, I've made a screenshot after using UltraSearch on my Windows 8.1 PC. To see it better just click the image a second time to make it even larger. For even more info just use process explorer. Attachment...