Windows 10: Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed)

Discus and support Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VinodKumar321, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed)

Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed)

:)

VinodKumar321, Jun 10, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Wile E Win User
    Windows Vista Clean Installation

To do a clean install on a fresh hard drive with Vista on an upgrade disc, you have to follow certain steps. Buying a full install CD would've been easier, but using the upgrade disc only adds more time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Follow the instructions here to do a clean install with an upgrade disc: http://www.vistarewired.com/2007/02/28/perform-a-clean-install-with-a-vista-upgrade-disc

Wile E, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed)

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed)

1. Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed) - Similar Threads - Reset cleaning drive

2. Impossible to Reset PC/Clean Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impossible to Reset PC/Clean Install: I am going through every method to get the data off this computer so I can send it back for a refund but nothing is working. I am very frustrated. I have tried going through the reset options in settings and every time it says it was not able to so after trying that a couple...
  3. Impossible to Reset PC/Clean Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to Reset PC/Clean Install: I am going through every method to get the data off this computer so I can send it back for a refund but nothing is working. I am very frustrated. I have tried going through the reset options in settings and every time it says it was not able to so after trying that a couple...
  4. How to clean a dirty drive where windows is installed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to clean a dirty drive where windows is installed?: Recently, my computer had an improper shutdown. Whenever it starts up, my computer "scans and repairs" the C drive for about 3 seconds then continues to boot as normal. Windows is installed on an SSD and when I run the commandchkntfs C: it says my C: is dirty. My computer is...
  5. Reset & Drive Clean Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset & Drive Clean Failed: After being stuck in the restart failed loop, I managed to restore my laptop to a previous date, back up files and reset the laptop which failed. After seeking further advice I decided to do a complete drive clean up however this has also failed....
  6. Can't reset pc/clean install windows on 32gb laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't reset pc/clean install windows on 32gb laptop: As I made the mistake of buying a 32gb laptop, I ran out of space quickly and can't free anymore up. I can not update the laptop, it's slow and i just wanted a clean install. Well I can't do that either because when I use the Media Creation Tool it tells I need 8gb of space...
  7. Resetting PC and cleaning drive

Resetting PC and cleaning drive: Resetting stuck at 99 % for last 12 hours. What to do know? What if I switch off and switch on? Do I get PC restored to the position I restarTed resetting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-pc-and-cleaning-drive/dd5d7311-2c94-4bc7-9229-28cef0965157
  8. Reset or Clean install?

Reset or Clean install?: My brother has a Gateway SX2110G Win10 (x64) desktop that he got from a friend when it was on Windows 8. It’s now on Win10 1703 and runs well but the original owner’s account is still on the computer. I want to reset or clean install so he’s the only account on it. I’m...
  9. Reset This PC doesnt clean install windows 10

Reset This PC doesnt clean install windows 10: I read that Reset This PC does a clean install of windows. I waited hours, and when it completed, I had the same loadout as before, with all the Asus bloatware. So, I read Windows 10 doesn't need a recovery partition anymore. I figured since I had one, Reset This PC loaded...
  10. reset pc vs clean install win10

reset pc vs clean install win10: The reason I'm asking is because clicking the update and security in the windows settings brings up a page with different options where there is one for recovery. Clicking that recovery option opens another page with 3 options on the right - reset this pc; advanced start-up;...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cleaning the drive