Windows 10: Reset PC Failed (Please Help)

Discus and support Reset PC Failed (Please Help) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried resetting windows because it was only recognizing 7 of the 8 cores in my pc. I used a USB Drive to make a restore point, start the reset and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrandonAnderson5, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Reset PC Failed (Please Help)

I tried resetting windows because it was only recognizing 7 of the 8 cores in my pc. I used a USB Drive to make a restore point, start the reset and wake up to a message that said "Reset failed, no changes were made". When i try and start my PC now it says there is no operating system found on the drive. Please help, I'm unsure as to what i should do.

:)

BrandonAnderson5, Mar 10, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Reset PC Failed (Please Help)

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Thema:

Reset PC Failed (Please Help)

1. Reset PC Failed (Please Help) - Similar Threads - Reset Failed Please

2. PC failing to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC failing to reset: Hi there,I'm having some issues with my pc in which it just won't factory reset. I've had the pc for around 2 maybe 3 years now and I have moved all my precious and important files off onto my newer, faster pc and want to reset my old one so it's completely clean and fresh. I...
  3. PC failing to reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC failing to reset: Hi there,I'm having some issues with my pc in which it just won't factory reset. I've had the pc for around 2 maybe 3 years now and I have moved all my precious and important files off onto my newer, faster pc and want to reset my old one so it's completely clean and fresh. I...
  4. PC failing to reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problems with Resetting pc Please Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with Resetting pc Please Help: So i've now tried to Reset my computer twice but both of the times it didnt work for some odd reason, so first i wait for the reset to complete which takes hours... then the thing comes up so that i can type in my passowrd to get into my computer and then it takes around...
  6. Please help me about resetting pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please help me about resetting pc: My desktop PC has pre-installed os as windows xp. After that I installed windows 7 genuine. With that product key, I upgraded it to windows 10 now. Now it is running windows 10 pro. But, now it is not working well. So I wish to reset my desktop PC. I wish to...
  7. Please help me regarding resetting my PC

Please help me regarding resetting my PC: My desktop PC has pre-installed os as windows xp. After that I installed windows 7 genuine. With that product key, I upgraded it to windows 10 now. Now it is running windows 10 pro. But, now it is not working well. So I wish to reset my desktop PC. I wish to...
  8. Failed "Reset This PC"

Failed "Reset This PC": did not create a recovery drive and performed "Reset this PC and clean everything" procedure progressed but did not reinstall windows 10, was left with black screen and only showing mouse pointer. Now what do I do ???????????????...
  9. Reset this pc failed

Reset this pc failed: Just now i tried resetting my pc to the version when i first bought this pc, but when i did so it said "Could not find the recovery environment, Insert your Windows installation or recovery media, and restart your pc with this media." I never encountered with such problem...
  10. System fail to boot please help

System fail to boot please help: My system running with window 10 , latest version 1809 properly , but today early morning, system fail to boot, i tried every mathod - restore point , startup option, but nothing happened, in command prompt BOOT / FIXMBR >>>>>>>>>>>> [IMG] FIXBOOT >>>>>Access is denied...