Windows 10: Reset PC, Harddrive corrupted

Discus and support Reset PC, Harddrive corrupted in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, as the title says I have reset my PC. It was overdue tbh. I selected the save files and delete apps option and let a rip. After about 3 hours... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/psyrpent, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Reset PC, Harddrive corrupted

Hey guys, as the title says I have reset my PC. It was overdue tbh. I selected the save files and delete apps option and let a rip. After about 3 hours or so, I wasn’t really counting, it finished and I logged in. Then the screen went black, there was minimal to no icons on the task bar. An error had popped up saying c:/windows/system32/config/systemprofiles/desktop didn’t exist. I had tried right clicking the screen to change display settings and it said that that app didn’t exist (the windows display settings app). Additionally, I opened windows explorer via windows+e and clicked on the c drive and scanned it through the tools tab on the properties window and it said it needs repair. When I looked up how to repair it said I need to run some admin command on the CMD Prompt. But I can’t open the start menu to launch cmd as an admin. I can do windows+r to launch cmd but not as an admin.

What do I do? Help!

submitted by /u/psyrpent
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/psyrpent, Jun 7, 2020

2. External Harddrive Causes Computer Freeze & Reads Harddrive/Cards as Corrupt but they are not

Hi,

Recently my Desktop computer has been freezing whenever I plug in my WD External Harddrive in, and it never used to do so. It causes the computer to freeze up and sometimes crash! The harddrive if at all possible to show up in the folders list, then reads
    a message saying it is corrupt.

Then, when I plug in a memory card, it reads the card as corrupt, but when I go to a MAC it reads it fine. Something is going on with my desktop.

Help!

Megan A.Oxley, Jun 7, 2020
  3. infocus Win User
    Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Jun 7, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

Reset PC, Harddrive corrupted

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Reset PC, Harddrive corrupted

1. Reset PC, Harddrive corrupted - Similar Threads - Reset Harddrive corrupted

2. I need help with corrupt files and resetting pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with corrupt files and resetting pc: So i have a problem. 2 days ago, my computer randomly started getting blue screens. I didn't think much about it. The next day, i was deleting some things from my "download" file in the system c drive. After that, i was done using the computer, so i shut it down. When i...
  3. I need help with corrupt files and resetting pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need help with corrupt files and resetting pc: So i have a problem. 2 days ago, my computer randomly started getting blue screens. I didn't think much about it. The next day, i was deleting some things from my "download" file in the system c drive. After that, i was done using the computer, so i shut it down. When i...
  4. W11 System file corruption - unable to reset pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 System file corruption - unable to reset pc: Recently my W11 PC blue screened with the error message “BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_FILES”, preventing me from booting properly and limiting me to the recovery mode. When this happened I was simply watching YouTube on my computer, shut it off, next time I turned it on it blue...
  5. Windows 10 Reset PC Caused Corrupted Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Reset PC Caused Corrupted Files: I recently decided to reset my computer by choosing the options:1 Reset This PC2 Remove Everything3 Local reinstall4 Just remove my filesAfter the computer fully reset, I tried to login to my main profile on the system, however I was met with the error message: "The User...
  6. Windows 10 Reset PC Caused Corrupted Files

Windows 10 Reset PC Caused Corrupted Files: I recently decided to reset my computer by choosing the options:1 Reset This PC2 Remove Everything3 Local reinstall4 Just remove my filesAfter the computer fully reset, I tried to login to my main profile on the system, however I was met with the error message: "The User...
  7. Windows 10 Reset PC Caused Corrupted Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Can't reset PC because of corrupted files.

Can't reset PC because of corrupted files.: I tried to reset Windows 10 without losing my files, but I get this message every time: "There was a problem resetting this PC. No changes were made." Then, I tried sfc /scannow in CMD and this message appeared as a result: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but...
  9. PC cannot reset and files are corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC cannot reset and files are corrupted: Hello, I have attempted to reset my pc and got to a stage where i corrupted my files. Details Edition: Windows 10 System type: 64-bit Make: Custom Built PC (Bought from somebody else) Any recent changes: No Problems 1. I am unable to reset my PC. It throws an error...
  10. Win 10 Update corrupted my harddrive

Win 10 Update corrupted my harddrive: Hi I spent hours on the phone with a pro-service rep from Dell. We tried every fix & nothing worked finally he said the hard drive is toast & they mailed me one but I was told they could not help me with the transfers. Yesterday I replaced the hard drive it came from Dell,...