Windows 10: Reset PC install of Windows 10 now Keyboards and mice don't work so stuck on region screen

Discus and support Reset PC install of Windows 10 now Keyboards and mice don't work so stuck on region screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi AllI saw a very similar post on here a few years ago but it is now locked.I used the recovery, reset your PC tool in Windows 10.I am now stuck on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NicholasGibson, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Reset PC install of Windows 10 now Keyboards and mice don't work so stuck on region screen

Hi AllI saw a very similar post on here a few years ago but it is now locked.I used the recovery, reset your PC tool in Windows 10.I am now stuck on the 'Let's stat with region. Is this right? screen' i.e. the first screen that needs user input. Cortana says 'she' is listening... not sure if this is normal or not ???I have tried multiple keyboards and mice to no effect.If I power down then turn back on with a keyboard attached I can interrupt the boot and manage the BIOS but the second Windows 10 starts to load I am 'locked' out again from user input.Any help greatly appreciated as it is a d

:)

NicholasGibson, Oct 9, 2021
  2. BTEK9 Win User

Mice and keyboard wont work after resetting my win 10 pc.

Ok so after using my old pc for 2 years roughly with windows 10, it was acting up and slow so decided to reset it.

but when it pops up the window to select a region, mice and keyboard wont work. but if I get in bios, they work perfectly..

what can I do?

I have tried using different mices and keyboard, restarting the PC but nothing seems to work.

what can I do?

install also went perfectly without any issue, or at least it show no issue

BTEK9, Oct 9, 2021
  3. Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

The fact this is a new build and they have never worked properly suggests a driver problem and not hardware.

Are these wired or wireless? If wireless, one or two dongles?

In any case, the drivers typically are only needed to enable the special features of the keyboard and mouse. All keyboards and mice should work with basic functions without any special drivers installed - and Windows should already know how to make them work using its own native basic drivers. I suspecting this is a USB issue and I would start by ensuring you have them connected in the designated ports pointed out by silentbogo. That should NOT matter - but with this being a brand new build, it might.

Bill_Bright, Oct 9, 2021
  4. Reset PC install of Windows 10 now Keyboards and mice don't work so stuck on region screen

Keyboard charachters don´t match

How to correct keyboard charachters if language region does match correct keyboard but charachters still don´t.

RodrigoIzquierdo, Oct 9, 2021
Thema:

Reset PC install of Windows 10 now Keyboards and mice don't work so stuck on region screen

1. Reset PC install of Windows 10 now Keyboards and mice don't work so stuck on region screen - Similar Threads - Reset install Keyboards

2. Reset windows 10 PC and now the mouse and keyboard don't work on the account creation screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset windows 10 PC and now the mouse and keyboard don't work on the account creation screen: So I bought this PC the other day and as the original owner had not reset it I decided to through the windows menu. The mouse and keyboard worked perfectly fine but as soon as it took me to the menu that you first get ton when you have a new windows device the mouse doesn't...
  3. Reset windows 10 PC and now the mouse and keyboard don't work on the account creation screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset windows 10 PC and now the mouse and keyboard don't work on the account creation screen: So I bought this PC the other day and as the original owner had not reset it I decided to through the windows menu. The mouse and keyboard worked perfectly fine but as soon as it took me to the menu that you first get ton when you have a new windows device the mouse doesn't...
  4. Reset windows 10 PC and now the mouse and keyboard don't work on the account creation screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 reset stuck, keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reset stuck, keyboard not working: I have a HP Pavilion x360 touchscreen, 6 years old, running Windows 10. It's had some problems, and when trying to check the battery I obviously disturbed something else, so most of the keys on the keyboard don't work now. This didn't seem a problem as I can still use it in...
  6. Reset PC install of Windows 10 now Keyboards and mice don't work so stuck on region screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset PC install of Windows 10 now Keyboards and mice don't work so stuck on region screen: Hi AllI saw a very similar post on here a few years ago but it is now locked.I used the recovery, reset your PC tool in Windows 10.I am now stuck on the 'Let's stat with region. Is this right? screen' i.e. the first screen that needs user input. Cortana says 'she' is...
  7. Reset PC install of Windows 10 now Keyboards and mice don;t work so stuck on region screen

Reset PC install of Windows 10 now Keyboards and mice don;t work so stuck on region screen: Hi AllI saw a very similar post on here a few years ago but it is now locked.I used the recovery, reset your PC tool in Windows 10.I am now stuck on the 'Let's stat with region. Is this right? screen' i.e. the first screen that needs user input. Cortana says 'she' is...
  8. Touchpad and mice don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad and mice don't work: [IMG]i have problems with touchpad No touchpad or mouse don't work, so i have to controll laptop with keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-and-mice-dont-work/b3d86ba1-280d-439e-af81-d76e162df871
  9. Mice and keyboard wont work after resetting my win 10 pc.

Mice and keyboard wont work after resetting my win 10 pc.: Ok so after using my old pc for 2 years roughly with windows 10, it was acting up and slow so decided to reset it. but when it pops up the window to select a region, mice and keyboard wont work. but if I get in bios, they work perfectly.. what can I do? I have tried...
  10. Region Resetting Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Region Resetting Not Working: After doing a Dell Reset (W10 reinstall) my region shows as Afghanistan when I am really in United States and changing region does not get executed, nor am I allowed to add a language. W10 is all English, nevertheless. This is messing up my time of day when my zone is set...