Windows 10: Reset PC Issue: Keyboard and Mouse not working upon Windows Installation attempt.

Discus and support Reset PC Issue: Keyboard and Mouse not working upon Windows Installation attempt. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi friends, I recently reset my PC and now I can't install Windows because the mouse and keyboard won't work. I assume this issue has to do with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by d[M]b, Mar 16, 2021.

1. d[M]b Win User

Reset PC Issue: Keyboard and Mouse not working upon Windows Installation attempt.

Hi friends, I recently reset my PC and now I can't install Windows because the mouse and keyboard won't work. I assume this issue has to do with outdated drivers. The problem with this is that how do I update a driver on a PC without an OS? Interestingly, the keyboard and mouse works in the system BIOS but quits working upon POST. I tried to bypass this by installing a bootable OS on my USB but I haven't had any luck and I'm not sure why. Any thoughts, suggestions, or information would be greatly appreciated.

:)

d[M]b, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Vanion Win User

Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

Its a new build i was trying to install my windows os

Thanks for your help my PS keyboard is working unfortunately my usb mouse/keyboard still do not work even after having my OS installed. How would i go about selecting to load the driver packages?

Vanion, Mar 16, 2021
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Reset PC Issue: Keyboard and Mouse not working upon Windows Installation attempt.

Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

The fact this is a new build and they have never worked properly suggests a driver problem and not hardware.

Are these wired or wireless? If wireless, one or two dongles?

In any case, the drivers typically are only needed to enable the special features of the keyboard and mouse. All keyboards and mice should work with basic functions without any special drivers installed - and Windows should already know how to make them work using its own native basic drivers. I suspecting this is a USB issue and I would start by ensuring you have them connected in the designated ports pointed out by silentbogo. That should NOT matter - but with this being a brand new build, it might.

Bill_Bright, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Reset PC Issue: Keyboard and Mouse not working upon Windows Installation attempt.

1. Reset PC Issue: Keyboard and Mouse not working upon Windows Installation attempt. - Similar Threads - Reset Issue Keyboard

2. Mouse and keyboard not working at factory reset installation screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Mouse and keyboard not working at factory reset installation screen: Hi!Background:I received a used desktop computer from a friend of mine. He used it up until about 6 months ago, and did a factory reset before giving me the computer. I replaced the PSU with a new one, and one chassis fan, including getting new keyboard, speakers and monitor....
  3. Mouse and keyboard not working upon windows start up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard not working upon windows start up: Upon turning on my PC and Windows launching my mouse and keyboard don't work at all. Have tried a system restore and a complete reset of the pc with no luck.I have also tested the mouse and keyboard on a different device and they work fine and in the safe mode options they...
  4. Mouse and keyboard not working upon windows start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard not working upon windows start up: Upon turning on my PC and Windows launching my mouse and keyboard don't work at all. Have tried a system restore and a complete reset of the pc with no luck.I have also tested the mouse and keyboard on a different device and they work fine and in the safe mode options they...
  5. Mouse and keyboard not working upon windows start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. After reset my pc keyboard and mouse not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After reset my pc keyboard and mouse not working: I reset my pc at yesterday. But after reset keyboard and mouse may not working. I stuck in the country selected part. So I haven't any ps2 keyboard and mouse .Please send me a solution quickly...
  7. After reset my pc keyboard and mouse not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After reset my pc keyboard and mouse not working: I reset my pc at yesterday. But after reset keyboard and mouse may not working. I stuck in the country selected part. So I haven't any ps2 keyboard and mouse .Please send me a solution quickly...
  8. Mouse and keyboard stopped working after Resetting the PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard stopped working after Resetting the PC: It’s happened three months ago I’m at trying to get it fixed but don’t know how mousing keyboard doesn’t work in the safe mode it works in Bio settings And the automatic repair mode and I restarted it fully thinking it would fix the problem but no it still didn’t work so now...
  9. Mouse and Keyboard not working upon startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Mouse and Keyboard not working upon startup: So after my computer was freezing two days ago, I restarted and after that when I booted up the PC and reached the login screen, the keyboard and mouse aren’t working. I can’t click anything or type at all and im stuck on that screen. Sometimes i am able to get past this...
  10. Windows reset. no working mouse or keyboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows reset. no working mouse or keyboard: I have tried to do a W10 reset with keeping my files. When I get to pick your region screen neither the USB mouse or keyboard will work, so I cannot proceed! I tried it again with a ps/2 keyboard and mouse but I get the same problem. Legacy USB support is enabled in the BIOS...