Windows 10: Reset pc. Language difference

Discus and support Reset pc. Language difference in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me why, since resetting my pc I keep seeing foreign words on my desktop, as per below?These are on Microsoft Community Site, but I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John Dodd1947, Oct 29, 2022.

1. Reset pc. Language difference

Can anyone tell me why, since resetting my pc I keep seeing foreign words on my desktop, as per below?These are on Microsoft Community Site, but I'm getting them everywhere online.Any help would be very much appreciated.John

:)

John Dodd1947, Oct 29, 2022

2. Resetting language and regions

Hi Dee,

The option to reset the language and region can either be done in the Control Panel or the Settings app. Since you are having issues with the reset option, we would like to ask for additional information to help us provide the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 is your PC running on?
    • Did you get an error after resetting the language and region?
    • In which language and region are you trying to reset it to?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 29, 2022
  3. avi12641 Win User
    Prevent language from automatically being changed

• Since Keyla has stopped working.
    • Two.
    • When I test if the language stays after switching between programs - I switch to a different program, then switch the language, then switch to the previous program.
    The steps you suggested didn't work, as I don't want to remove any of the languages.

avi12641, Oct 29, 2022
  4. Reset pc. Language difference

Windows suddenly mixing different languages

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to uninstall French language pack and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to add

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Select French Language and click on the
      Option, adjacent to French language.

• Click on Remove.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you

Santosh_Rai, Oct 29, 2022
Thema:

Reset pc. Language difference

1. Reset pc. Language difference - Similar Threads - Reset Language difference

2. Different language in app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different language in app: HiI upgraded my PC to windows 10 yesterday, but I have an annoying problem. I set the default language and region in English and the Us, but when I installed two web browsers, they both has been installed in French!! I'm not fluent in French, so this is a problem for me, I...
  3. Different language in app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different language in app: HiI upgraded my PC to windows 10 yesterday, but I have an annoying problem. I set the default language and region in English and the Us, but when I installed two web browsers, they both has been installed in French!! I'm not fluent in French, so this is a problem for me, I...
  4. Reset pc. Language difference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset pc. Language difference: Can anyone tell me why, since resetting my pc I keep seeing foreign words on my desktop, as per below?These are on Microsoft Community Site, but I'm getting them everywhere online.Any help would be very much appreciated.John...
  5. Different languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different languages: Issue: I added a second language. When I try to download the "Basic typing" or "Speech" package, it starts downloading and after 5 sec comes up with error code "0x800F0950"...
  6. Different languages

Different languages: Issue: I added a second language. When I try to download the "Basic typing" or "Speech" package, it starts downloading and after 5 sec comes up with error code "0x800F0950"...
  7. Two different languages in different Microsoft Apps

Two different languages in different Microsoft Apps: Hi,I have some of my Microsoft apps, like OneDrive App, Mail and others shown in Finnish, despite my language setting being English.I have recently moved from Australia to Finland and started to learn the Finnish language. Not being remotely close to properly communicate...
  8. Smartscreen acts differently with different languages of systems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Smartscreen acts differently with different languages of systems: [ATTACH] I want to run SamPlus.Service.Setup on my computer and my friend's computer, my computer is in English and I can install it with using "Run Anyway" button, but my friend's computer is in Turkish and that button does not appear. How do I install this program on his...
  9. Display language and input language differences

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display language and input language differences: Hello I am trying to set my language to English (Germany) but even though it is set correctly in Languages tab, I see English (UK) in Region. How can I get rid of UK? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Best regards...
  10. Different language in different apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different language in different apps: Hi, I just bought a computer and I noticed that some apps appear in a different language than the one I had set it up with. I speak 2 languages, spanish and korean, the computer is in spanish and I noticed that the notifications of my mail were in korean and also my...