Windows 10: Reset PC or or use Start Afresh option?

Discus and support Reset PC or or use Start Afresh option? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Dell PC but I clean installed with the Media Creation Tool a long time ago so theres no Dell bloatware etc. Ive used Reset PC in the past.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sportsfan148, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Reset PC or or use Start Afresh option?

Hi,
    I have a Dell PC but I clean installed with the Media Creation Tool a long time ago so theres no Dell bloatware etc. Ive used Reset PC in the past. Is there any difference between using Reset PC and the Start Afresh option where... if Im understanding correctly... the latest Windows 10 version/build is redownloaded from scratch.
    Im struggling to see how this is any better than Reset PC. If I remember correctly Reset PC also uses the most up to date build anyway and gives you the same clean installation. What am I missing?

:)

sportsfan148, Dec 15, 2018
  2. MarkJCW Win User

Cannot log onto PC after ‘Start afresh’

After completing the ‘Start Afresh’ option from Windows defender security centre, I tried logging onto my PC but it wasn’t working, I log on Via microsoft account, I type in my password on my phone and it works perfectly, But on my PC I can’t log on, I tried
    resetting password, Made sure my WiFi works and restarted my PC, That didn’t help at all, I can log on using any other device apart from my PC, and I don’t have any other “sign in options” and there is no other accounts on the PC.

I tried using the on screen keyboard and verified that the layout has not been changed, That has not made a difference.

Any help would be great, It’s an expensive computer and I got valuable things on it and it would really be a shame to lose it.

EDIT: After several restarts and resets, The same issue persists, “That password is incorrect. Make sure you’re using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset.” Maybe resetting my PC would help,
    But how can I do that without being able to log on at all?

Thanks,

(Apologies if this is in the wrong category..)

MarkJCW, Dec 15, 2018
  3. can i reset my pc from the os after downloadind windows 10 from the website

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Yes, you can reset the pc from windows 10 after updating I suggest you to refer the steps given below.

• To go start.

• Go to Settings.

• Click on Update & security.

• Click on Reset this PC.

I suggest you to refer the below link and follow the steps for reset pc and refer the options.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Reset PC or or use Start Afresh option?

Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Reset PC or or use Start Afresh option?

1. Reset PC or or use Start Afresh option? - Similar Threads - Reset Start Afresh

2. Format - No option to reset this pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Format - No option to reset this pc: I'm looking to format two work machines as users have left and we don't have their passwords and want the machines to be ready for new starters.Upon start-up into advanced options we only have access to:Start up repairUEFI firmware settingsCommand PromptSystem Restore don't...
  3. Format - No option to reset this pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Format - No option to reset this pc: I'm looking to format two work machines as users have left and we don't have their passwords and want the machines to be ready for new starters.Upon start-up into advanced options we only have access to:Start up repairUEFI firmware settingsCommand PromptSystem Restore don't...
  4. If I use the 'Reset This PC' option, Would it delete OS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I use the 'Reset This PC' option, Would it delete OS?: Will this option delete my OS and BIOS? I don't have a disc to do OS reinstalling.Thanks for helping! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-use-the-reset-this-pc-option-would-it-delete/9d9114d6-3d04-44de-949f-7a2c861f951c
  5. If I use the 'Reset This PC' option, Would it delete OS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I use the 'Reset This PC' option, Would it delete OS?: Will this option delete my OS and BIOS? I don't have a disc to do OS reinstalling.Thanks for helping! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-use-the-reset-this-pc-option-would-it-delete/9d9114d6-3d04-44de-949f-7a2c861f951c
  6. " Reset this PC " option doubt.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    " Reset this PC " option doubt.: i want to use the 'reset this PC ' on windows 10 and after i click remove everything option it asks 2 more options where one is "remove the files and clean the drive".. so can someone tell me will i loose my windows 10 activation or will i have to reinstall windows .. please...
  7. No "Reset This PC" option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No "Reset This PC" option: Reset this PC option missing after replacing hard disk with a Samsung SSD and using Samsung Data Migration software to clone the existing drive. Analysis: using Control Panel -> Computer Management -> Disk Management On original hard disk the WinRE recovery partition was...
  8. Missing reset this pc option

in Cortana
    Missing reset this pc option: Hi, i have problem with my local windows 10 password. I updated my windows 10 and changed the password . I forget it now. I dont get the option of reset this pc into safe mode after selecting troubleshoot option. It shows another options like UEFi settings and startup...
  9. Reset this PC option doesn't start

Reset this PC option doesn't start: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 on both my machines. My labtop has handled this fine, but my desktop computer has been very buggy since the beginning. For instance, the start menu will sometimes simply not work, requiring a restart, Skype and occasionally Explorer will stop...
  10. Used option to completely reset pc. Stuck at 99% for an hour

Used option to completely reset pc. Stuck at 99% for an hour: Should I be worried. I upgraded from Win 7. It took me to the welcome screen and when I typed in my password it would just hang. Then go black and reboot. So I pressed ctrl alt delete and options came up. I decided to just reinstall basically formatting my hard drive. And it...