Windows 10: Reset PC whilst keeping files but removing accounts

Discus and support Reset PC whilst keeping files but removing accounts in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I updated my PC last night and lo and behold I am getting problems. Accounts passwords being seemingly reset just to name one thing. I decided that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/insane_playzYT, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Reset PC whilst keeping files but removing accounts

I updated my PC last night and lo and behold I am getting problems. Accounts passwords being seemingly reset just to name one thing.

I decided that it was about time for a PC cleanup, so I want to reset Windows whilst keeping my personal files but removing the accounts.

I know the reset option with files exists, but I want to remove the accounts whist keeping the accounts. Is this possible at all?

submitted by /u/insane_playzYT
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/insane_playzYT, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Apps removed whilst resetting your pc

Hi SunshineNuggett,

There are actually 3 options that you can choose from if you want to reset your device. You can either Keep your files, Remove everything or Restore your PC to factory settings.

Keep my files

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.
    • Removes apps and drivers you installed.
    • Removes changes you made to settings.
    • Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Remove everything

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and removes all your personal files.
    • Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Restore factory settings

• Reinstalls the version of Windows that your PC came with (either Windows 8 or Windows 8.1) and removes your personal files.
    • Reinstalls any apps your PC manufacturer installed on your PC.

As you can see, performing a reset will remove all the apps and drivers installed on your device no matter what you choose. Unless there is a separate partitioned drive on your Hard Disk that contains the recovery media (Image of Windows 10 OEM), preinstalled
    apps and drivers will not be reinstalled.

There is a possibility that either your laptop doesn't have a partitioned recovery media, recovery drive got corrupted or the recovery drive got deleted. Without this, once you perform a reset, it will be a plain OS with generic drivers installed.

If you want to restore all the apps and drivers that were previously installed on your computer, you need to contact Sony to get a Restore/Recovery Media for your laptop. It might be a USB drive or a DVD that contains a backup of the original factory condition
    (drivers and apps included) configured by OEM (Original equipment manufacturer).

For the 3rd party apps including Office 365, the best option to get them back is by reinstalling them. To reinstall
    Office 365, please refer to this link.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Gemzon Mar, Aug 14, 2020
  4. rhendrix9 Win User

Reset PC whilst keeping files but removing accounts

Does "Reset this PC" remove all user accounts and logins?

Does "Reset this PC" -> "Keep my files" remove all user accounts and logins?
    or should I use "Remove Everything" to remove user accounts and logins?
    Thanks

rhendrix9, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Reset PC whilst keeping files but removing accounts

1. Reset PC whilst keeping files but removing accounts - Similar Threads - Reset whilst keeping

2. If i reset my pc but keep all my files will it keep the files for all accounts on the pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i reset my pc but keep all my files will it keep the files for all accounts on the pc?: i want to reset my pc but i want to make sure it keeps all the files for all the accounts on the pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-reset-my-pc-but-keep-all-my-files-will-it/871ebdf9-44b6-4aad-b9b3-73c2065d86be
  3. If i reset my pc but keep all my files will it keep the files for all accounts on the pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If i reset my pc but keep all my files will it keep the files for all accounts on the pc?: i want to reset my pc but i want to make sure it keeps all the files for all the accounts on the pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-reset-my-pc-but-keep-all-my-files-will-it/871ebdf9-44b6-4aad-b9b3-73c2065d86be
  4. If i reset my pc but keep all my files will it keep the files for all accounts on the pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Resetting pc and keeping and losing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting pc and keeping and losing files: I was wondering if anyone knew about if you disconnected your internal hard drives and then reset your pc back to factory then reinstall the drives will all the files still be on that internal hard drive after you plug it back in. I’m aware the one you still have plugged in...
  6. Resetting pc and keeping and losing files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting pc and keeping and losing files: I was wondering if anyone knew about if you disconnected your internal hard drives and then reset your pc back to factory then reinstall the drives will all the files still be on that internal hard drive after you plug it back in. I’m aware the one you still have plugged in...
  7. cant reset/remove files on pc

cant reset/remove files on pc: so everytime i try to reset my pc, it says 1% done then undoing changes. http://prntscr.com/vk1478 i tried to also update my windows to see if its because of that because i have updated in a long time and i used update assistant but when i finished it showed me the error...
  8. RESET PC WITHOUT REMOVING FILES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RESET PC WITHOUT REMOVING FILES: I need to reset my pc but there are a lot of files in my Downloads folder in C drive. If I reset my windows 10 and choose not to delete any files, will it delete my files in Downloads or not?...
  9. Will resetting my pc with keep my files option removes user account. If yes then how to get...

Will resetting my pc with keep my files option removes user account. If yes then how to get...: Recently my pc stops booting and always stuck in the windows logo and then no signal. Sometimes i got the error 0xc0000017 . I tried to fix it but unsuccessful in that. I decided to reset my pc. Now only problem is last time when did full pc reset my computer identity was...
  10. Apps removed whilst resetting your pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apps removed whilst resetting your pc: Yes I know you have already had many posts regarding this query or similar ones, but...…….. I really don't understand why the reset would remove original drivers for my VAIO laptop which include the wifi smart utility (I now have no wifi icon at all showing on my system or...