Windows 10: “Reset PC without deleting files” but still deleted files.

Discus and support “Reset PC without deleting files” but still deleted files. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently reset my PC without deleting files to resolve an issue i have been having with my keyboard. It not only did not resolve my issues, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gregwhiteoak, Apr 23, 2020.

1. “Reset PC without deleting files” but still deleted files.

I recently reset my PC without deleting files to resolve an issue i have been having with my keyboard. It not only did not resolve my issues, but it did not save my files either. Any possible ways to recover them? I have tried a few things but figured I would go here next.

:)

gregwhiteoak, Apr 23, 2020
  2. macbeth Win User

Cannot delete files in Temp

There are a few files that i cant delete in
    C:\Documents and Settings\1st User\Local Settings\Temp
    which are ~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp, ~ROMFN_000007A8 and Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat. And some times there are a few more.
    What are these files and why cant they be deleted?

macbeth, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    BAT File That Deletes Files Below Specific Size

@travva : Doesn't your script delete all files in a directory that are over 1MB in size?

Shouldnt that line be .... for %%j in (*) do if %%~zj lss 10000 del %%j ... to delete files smaller than 10k ?

Kreij, Apr 23, 2020
  4. “Reset PC without deleting files” but still deleted files.

Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

“Reset PC without deleting files” but still deleted files.

1. “Reset PC without deleting files” but still deleted files. - Similar Threads - “Reset without deleting

2. Deleting files on pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting files on pc: I have signed my computer into OneDrive and it has put my files on the desktop. I would like to delete the files from my computer but not the OneDrive. How would I do this....
  3. Deleting files on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting files on pc: I have signed my computer into OneDrive and it has put my files on the desktop. I would like to delete the files from my computer but not the OneDrive. How would I do this....
  4. Deleting files on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How To Delete All OneDrive Files Without deleting Original Files on PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Delete All OneDrive Files Without deleting Original Files on PC: This week OneDrive is causing me a lot of problems. Here is what I wish to do.1- Delete all OneDrive Files in the cloud without deleting any of the original files on my PC. 2- Delete all files in the OneDrive Folder on my PC C:\Users\Chris\OneDrive without deleting any of the...
  6. How To Delete All OneDrive Files Without deleting Original Files on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Delete All OneDrive Files Without deleting Original Files on PC: This week OneDrive is causing me a lot of problems. Here is what I wish to do.1- Delete all OneDrive Files in the cloud without deleting any of the original files on my PC. 2- Delete all files in the OneDrive Folder on my PC C:\Users\Chris\OneDrive without deleting any of the...
  7. How To Delete All OneDrive Files Without deleting Original Files on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Does PC Reset Delete Desktop Files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does PC Reset Delete Desktop Files?: I am looking to reset my laptop to help performance before school starts and choose keep my data. My main concern is all my files I keep on the desktop. I keep most of my documents in folders there, and I want to know if I have to change where they're saved if I want them to...
  9. Reset PC without deleting personal files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset PC without deleting personal files: I have tried many times to reset my PC without deleting my personal files but every time I got the same error message at around 50% of the resetting process. "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." Please help me! * Want to reset pc but don't want...
  10. Reset PC without deleting personal files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset PC without deleting personal files: I have a question about the reset PC and keeping personal data does it delete programs and there data too or does it delete apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-pc-without-deleting-personal-files/627eec92-5065-4137-afbf-9e64a24bfbe5