Windows 10: RESET PC WITHOUT REMOVING FILES

Discus and support RESET PC WITHOUT REMOVING FILES in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to reset my pc but there are a lot of files in my Downloads folder in C drive. If I reset my windows 10 and choose not to delete any files, will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RitamMajumder, Jul 2, 2020.

1. RESET PC WITHOUT REMOVING FILES

I need to reset my pc but there are a lot of files in my Downloads folder in C drive. If I reset my windows 10 and choose not to delete any files, will it delete my files in Downloads or not?

:)

RitamMajumder, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Rhaine C. Win User

RESET PC WITHOUT REMOVING FILES

Greetings,

My name is Rhaine, I'm Independent Community Volunteer. I’m so glad assisting you today

I am also using Windows 10 pc. Let us work together to sort this out.

If you choose not to delete your files during the reset it will not delete your files by default.

However just to make sure and to avoid data lost, I suggest to save a copy or a back up files in your files before resetting it.

Here's the link as reference on how you can reset your pc without losing your files.

Reset this PC: Restore Windows 10 to factory settings without losing files

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope the information above helps. Please let me know how it goes.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

With Warm Regards,

Rhaine C., Aug 5, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 5, 2020
  4. RESET PC WITHOUT REMOVING FILES

Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

RESET PC WITHOUT REMOVING FILES

1. RESET PC WITHOUT REMOVING FILES - Similar Threads - RESET WITHOUT REMOVING

2. Will the Reset this PC remove personal files like pictures?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will the Reset this PC remove personal files like pictures?: When utilizing the “Reset this PC” option, will it remove files saved on it, such as pictures, documents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-the-reset-this-pc-remove-personal-files-like/4edf14b8-6ec0-4485-b0a1-2c6ce9222a89
  3. cant reset/remove files on pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant reset/remove files on pc: so everytime i try to reset my pc, it says 1% done then undoing changes. http://prntscr.com/vk1478 i tried to also update my windows to see if its because of that because i have updated in a long time and i used update assistant but when i finished it showed me the error...
  4. Resetting PC, Reset Everything: Just remove my files

Resetting PC, Reset Everything: Just remove my files: So i encountered an registry error in my pc and i tried to startup repair open cmd but it requires password, but the password i provided is correct but it says error so i have no options but to reset pc. So does the option Reset Everything -> keep my files, does it remove and...
  5. Reset PC whilst keeping files but removing accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset PC whilst keeping files but removing accounts: I updated my PC last night and lo and behold I am getting problems. Accounts passwords being seemingly reset just to name one thing. I decided that it was about time for a PC cleanup, so I want to reset Windows whilst keeping my personal files but removing the accounts. I...
  6. Help resetting settings without removing files OR programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help resetting settings without removing files OR programs: In an attempt to speed up my computer, I disabled a bunch of settings and I'm now regretting it as many features I use are now disabled. I disabled so many things I don't think i could go back an re-enable them. Is there any way to reset windows setting without removing my...
  7. “Reset PC without deleting files” but still deleted files.

“Reset PC without deleting files” but still deleted files.: I recently reset my PC without deleting files to resolve an issue i have been having with my keyboard. It not only did not resolve my issues, but it did not save my files either. Any possible ways to recover them? I have tried a few things but figured I would go here next....
  8. PC reset without removing Microsoft Office

PC reset without removing Microsoft Office: I would like to reset my pc as I have a lot of unnecessary things on the system. I currently have all Microsoft Office 2019 programs, e.g. Word, Powerpoint, Exel, etc . I bought new pc with pre-installed office when I reset it after reseting Microsoft Office was not removed....
  9. Reset PC without deleting personal files

Reset PC without deleting personal files: I have tried many times to reset my PC without deleting my personal files but every time I got the same error message at around 50% of the resetting process. "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." Please help me! * Want to reset pc but don't want...
  10. Reset PC without deleting personal files

Reset PC without deleting personal files: I have a question about the reset PC and keeping personal data does it delete programs and there data too or does it delete apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-pc-without-deleting-personal-files/627eec92-5065-4137-afbf-9e64a24bfbe5