Windows 10: Reset Permissions of C:\ on Windows 10?

Discus and support Reset Permissions of C:\ on Windows 10? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I reinstalled windows 10 after making the fatal mistake of taking ownership of C:\ then deciding to revoke access to everyoen (even trustedinstaller... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by m1ghty boy, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Reset Permissions of C:\ on Windows 10?

I reinstalled windows 10 after making the fatal mistake of taking ownership of C:\ then deciding to revoke access to everyoen (even trustedinstaller and admin) thinking it would go back to normal. Well now everyone has access to read, write and execute in C:\ despite some folders still not letting me in, but i typed the following commands in command prompt and got told i didnt have permission despite starting it in administrator mode:
    cd C:\

icacls * /t /q /c /reset

and got told i dont have permission despite being an admin account. can someone help?

For every file it shows scrolling down it just says "access is denied"

:)

m1ghty boy, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Nov 16, 2019
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Reset Permissions of C:\ on Windows 10?

Windows 10 Reset C: Drive Security Permissions

Hello Dean,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with it.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• What is the exact issue you are facing?
    • What do you mean when you say "Windows 10 Reset C: Drive Security Permissions"?
    • Are you referring to System restore or Reset your PC?
    • What do you mean when you say "set the C: drive back to the original security settings"?

Reply with the necessary information to help you troubleshoot the issue. I will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Reset Permissions of C:\ on Windows 10?

1. Reset Permissions of C:\ on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Reset Permissions

2. Help, my computer keeps factory resetting without my permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help, my computer keeps factory resetting without my permission: hello. i am constantly busy on my computer and i do a lot of work that i can not afford to lose. every now and then my computer will crash and then go to this screen. now usually i just follow the instructions and say “i dont have a product key” and i have to redownload...
  3. Help, my computer keeps factory resetting without my permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help, my computer keeps factory resetting without my permission: hello. i am constantly busy on my computer and i do a lot of work that i can not afford to lose. every now and then my computer will crash and then go to this screen. now usually i just follow the instructions and say “i dont have a product key” and i have to redownload...
  4. Help, my computer keeps factory resetting without my permission

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Resetting ALL permissions to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting ALL permissions to default: I have been silly and played with the security settings on my Windows 11 laptopIs there some way to return ALL to a new build status ?ie Default everything without carrying out a rebuildI am being blocked from using many programs such as Ancestry/FTM because I am unable to...
  6. Resetting ALL permissions to default

Resetting ALL permissions to default: I have been silly and played with the security settings on my Windows 11 laptopIs there some way to return ALL to a new build status ?ie Default everything without carrying out a rebuildI am being blocked from using many programs such as Ancestry/FTM because I am unable to...
  7. Need help resetting file permissions.

Need help resetting file permissions.: So... my old pc died and I had to buy new parts and do a fresh install of windows. I forgot that one of my drives have permission lock i think? It has been quite a while. So when I open the videos it goes 'file not found' while it's obviously there it has duration and size...
  8. Need help resetting file permissions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help resetting file permissions.: So... my old pc died and I had to buy new parts and do a fresh install of windows. I forgot that one of my drives have permission lock i think? It has been quite a while. So when I open the videos it goes 'file not found' while it's obviously there it has duration and size...
  9. Need help resetting file permissions.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. To Reset Default user permissions

To Reset Default user permissions: I want to reset all default permissions to my pc please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-reset-default-user-permissions/13ef7e2e-fad5-40f3-8b3c-f4beb09150f1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset default permissions windows 10

2. reset c:\ permissions

3. reset permissions windows 10