Windows 10: Reset PIN to access laptop

Discus and support Reset PIN to access laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to reset my PIN which i use to access my personal laptop kids hacked it. What does this error mean? I obviously have a PIN that works. When i... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LynDseyFU, Sep 13, 2021.

1. LynDseyFU Win User

Reset PIN to access laptop

I need to reset my PIN which i use to access my personal laptop kids hacked it. What does this error mean? I obviously have a PIN that works. When i click on the link to "fix it" i am prompted to log into another microsoft account my work account, i choose to log into a different account my personal one and it gives me another error telling me i cant use my personal account!!! What in the actual ****?

:)

LynDseyFU, Sep 13, 2021

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 13, 2021
  3. Pin on laptop

Let's access the Recovery option of your computer to perform the reset. To access the Recovery option, follow the steps below:

• Search for Settings, and then press Enter.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click on Recovery.
    • Under Advanced startup, click on Restart now.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Reset this PC.
    • Choose Keep my files.
    • Select your account, type in your password, and then click on Continue.
    • Wait for the reset to finish.
    • Once done, check if you will be able to set up a PIN on your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Sep 13, 2021
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Sep 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Reset PIN to access laptop - Similar Threads - Reset PIN access

2. Locked out of laptop cannot reset pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of laptop cannot reset pin: I cannot access my computer because I keep receiving you have entered an incorrect pin too many times. I keep getting the challenge phrase. I enter it but no option to login with my user ID and password nor can I reset my pin. I am totally locked out of my laptop. I can...
  3. Can’t login or reset PIN on laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t login or reset PIN on laptop?: I went into my settings and disabled all the startup apps because they were getting annoying. Then I restarted my computer to make sure the changes went through.When I tried to login afterwards, it said “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your...
  4. Can’t login or reset PIN on laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t login or reset PIN on laptop?: I went into my settings and disabled all the startup apps because they were getting annoying. Then I restarted my computer to make sure the changes went through.When I tried to login afterwards, it said “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your...
  5. access to new laptop with pin

access to new laptop with pin: my new laptop wont accept my pin even though i created it and put ift in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-new-laptop-with-pin/7d906952-a0af-4ae9-84f5-95afba995802
  6. access to new laptop with pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    access to new laptop with pin: my new laptop wont accept my pin even though i created it and put ift in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-new-laptop-with-pin/7d906952-a0af-4ae9-84f5-95afba995802
  7. access to new laptop with pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to access internet/PIN# won't reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to access internet/PIN# won't reset: Recently my computer went thru an update and now I can't access the internet and/or update my pin. I reset my Microsoft password on my phone but it won't accept it for me to get access. I have a second computer that is working fine....disconnected modem/router. Any help is...
  9. Unable to reset Hello Pin on a laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to reset Hello Pin on a laptop: Hello, I am unable to delete or change the PIN code of a user in my organization. He forgot his code and I don't have a button that allows me to reset it see screenshot. When I connect to the local admin I have no problem making the change but when I am connected to the...
  10. Reset PIN

Reset PIN: The keyboard on my ASUS laptop stopped functioning so I had to send it in for repair to SquareTrade with whom I had a 2 year Extended Warranty. In the process of repairing it, they reset my PIN and failed to tell me what they reset it to. So now I cannot use my PIN, nor can I...