Windows 10: Reset PIN

Discus and support Reset PIN in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The keyboard on my ASUS laptop stopped functioning so I had to send it in for repair to SquareTrade with whom I had a 2 year Extended Warranty. In the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NeedHelp_ES, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Reset PIN

The keyboard on my ASUS laptop stopped functioning so I had to send it in for repair to SquareTrade with whom I had a 2 year Extended Warranty. In the process of repairing it, they reset my PIN and failed to tell me what they reset it to. So now I cannot use my PIN, nor can I reset my PIN. They tell me I would have to send the PC back to them to reinstall WIndows 10. They made so many other mistakes that I am leery to do so. Can you help me reset my PIN?

:)

NeedHelp_ES, Oct 30, 2018
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Reset PIN

Since recent update KB3200970 I cannot use nor setup a PIN to sign in and MS Office2016 disappeared

Thank you for the update. We suggest for you to reset the login PIN. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start Menu and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Click on I Forget the PIN and follow the on screen instructions.

Update us with the result.

PreciousLeb, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Reset PIN

1. Reset PIN - Similar Threads - Reset PIN

2. How to reset PIN if you cannot verify the account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset PIN if you cannot verify the account?: My laptop does not allow me to log in via my Microsoft account. It just says: "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again."When setting up the PIN it only allows me to send a text message to my old...
  3. How to reset PIN if you cannot verify the account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset PIN if you cannot verify the account?: My laptop does not allow me to log in via my Microsoft account. It just says: "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again."When setting up the PIN it only allows me to send a text message to my old...
  4. Help I forgot my PIN for Windows Hello and I cannot reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help I forgot my PIN for Windows Hello and I cannot reset it: Help I forgot my PIN for Windows Hello and I cannot reset it. I can only sign in to my computer using my email address and password. If I go to Settings -> Accounts -> Ways to sign in the PIN Windows Hello states This option is currently unavailable. I am unable to reset this...
  5. Help I forgot my PIN for Windows Hello and I cannot reset it

Help I forgot my PIN for Windows Hello and I cannot reset it: Help I forgot my PIN for Windows Hello and I cannot reset it. I can only sign in to my computer using my email address and password. If I go to Settings -> Accounts -> Ways to sign in the PIN Windows Hello states This option is currently unavailable. I am unable to reset this...
  6. Pin sign in disabled. How to reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin sign in disabled. How to reset: How to reinstall pin sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-sign-in-disabled-how-to-reset/1cc88abe-0f6a-4a22-8d56-99142e25419e
  7. Pin sign in disabled. How to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin sign in disabled. How to reset: How to reinstall pin sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-sign-in-disabled-how-to-reset/1cc88abe-0f6a-4a22-8d56-99142e25419e
  8. Pin sign in disabled. How to reset

9. Connected No Internet, Can’t Reset PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected No Internet, Can’t Reset PIN: HP All in One on Windows 11My computer says connected no internet to every network. I’ve tried restarting and plugging it into the WiFi tower directly.After restarting it a few times it said it needed me to reset the PIN, which can’t be done without Internet. I tried using...
  10. Connected No Internet, Can’t Reset PIN

Connected No Internet, Can’t Reset PIN: HP All in One on Windows 11My computer says connected no internet to every network. I’ve tried restarting and plugging it into the WiFi tower directly.After restarting it a few times it said it needed me to reset the PIN, which can’t be done without Internet. I tried using...