Windows 10: Reset Pin

Discus and support Reset Pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm having trouble resetting my pin because in order to reset it, it says that I have to enter my current pin. There are no other options besides... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JuliaRieth, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Reset Pin

I'm having trouble resetting my pin because in order to reset it, it says that I have to enter my current pin. There are no other options besides fingerprint, which I don't have because it requires my pin to set up. What can I do?

:)

JuliaRieth, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jul 2, 2020
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Reset Pin

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Reset Pin

1. Reset Pin - Similar Threads - Reset Pin

2. password and pin unable to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password and pin unable to reset: Whenever I try to login sometimes it makes me try to do the PIN, and I cannot for the life of me remember what the pin was when I first got the laptop, so I normally just reset and it'll take face or fingerprint login as usual. If I try to use my password it says my password...
  3. password and pin unable to reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    password and pin unable to reset: Whenever I try to login sometimes it makes me try to do the PIN, and I cannot for the life of me remember what the pin was when I first got the laptop, so I normally just reset and it'll take face or fingerprint login as usual. If I try to use my password it says my password...
  4. Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...: Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS on my MSI motherboard. Now it says me to sign in with my Password which I forgot somehow. Now there's even a Hint for the password, but I'm kinda out of my mind to remember that back. So, I changed it from my phone with...
  5. Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...

Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...: Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS on my MSI motherboard. Now it says me to sign in with my Password which I forgot somehow. Now there's even a Hint for the password, but I'm kinda out of my mind to remember that back. So, I changed it from my phone with...
  6. How to reset pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset pin?: I just bought my Acer windows 11 laptop today and I don’t remember adding a pin to sign in with, so I pressed forgot pin so that I could set a pin that I would remember.It would take me to the Microsoft account screen but it was a blank white screen then it would go back to...
  7. How to reset pin?

How to reset pin?: I just bought my Acer windows 11 laptop today and I don’t remember adding a pin to sign in with, so I pressed forgot pin so that I could set a pin that I would remember.It would take me to the Microsoft account screen but it was a blank white screen then it would go back to...
  8. Can't reset PIN because iit's not in the list?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't reset PIN because iit's not in the list?: For my personal account, I do not remember my Hello pin and do not recall setting it up. I have tried multiple times to reset it. There is no Hello Pin in the list of all the ways I have set up to access my account. But I keep being asked for the Pin. If it isn't in the list,...
  9. Can't reset PIN because iit's not in the list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset PIN because iit's not in the list?: For my personal account, I do not remember my Hello pin and do not recall setting it up. I have tried multiple times to reset it. There is no Hello Pin in the list of all the ways I have set up to access my account. But I keep being asked for the Pin. If it isn't in the list,...
  10. Can't reset PIN because iit's not in the list?