Windows 10: Reset Problem - Additional space needed

Discus and support Reset Problem - Additional space needed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to reset my laptop and it keeps telling me I need an additional 6.3GB of storage on my OS(C:) and to either copy my files onto an external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JessSmith1, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Reset Problem - Additional space needed

I'm trying to reset my laptop and it keeps telling me I need an additional 6.3GB of storage on my OS(CReset Problem - Additional space needed :) and to either copy my files onto an external harddrive then delete from the laptop or uninstall apps etc. Not sure what to do here as I don't want anything on the laptop that I have. I want it all gone. Please help

:)

JessSmith1, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Reset: Additional free space is needed

Hi Aurélien,

A corrupted boot system parameters is one of the possible reasons why you are having an additional free space is needed error when resetting your computer. I found a thread with the similar issue and one of our community members provide a solution that other
    members found helpful. Click on this
    thread
    and follow the steps given by bob omb.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Reset: Additional free space is needed

Hi,

I need to reset an Omen laptop after my son took control of it. I have no password.

When trying to reset it (removing all files), I get the following error message:

"Additional free space is needed on the drive where Windows is installed. Clear some space and try again."

But I cannot clear space without losing in...

Thanks!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

AurélienPetiaud, Nov 6, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Reset Problem - Additional space needed

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Reset Problem - Additional space needed

1. Reset Problem - Additional space needed - Similar Threads - Reset Problem Additional

2. Can't reset this PC - needs additional space. stuck in bootloop help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't reset this PC - needs additional space. stuck in bootloop help!: Hi,I have a microsoft surface pro 6 with 16GB RAM stuck in a boot loop on windows 10. I can't even reset this pc as it says it needs more space. but no idea how to create space and not loose all my files while it is stuck in bootoop. please help me.Background:Before it shut...
  3. Can't reset this PC - needs additional space. stuck in bootloop help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset this PC - needs additional space. stuck in bootloop help!: Hi,I have a microsoft surface pro 6 with 16GB RAM stuck in a boot loop on windows 10. I can't even reset this pc as it says it needs more space. but no idea how to create space and not loose all my files while it is stuck in bootoop. please help me.Background:Before it shut...
  4. Can't reset this PC - needs additional space. stuck in bootloop help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Lenovo Idea Pad 110S will not reset and it says my device needs additional space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Lenovo Idea Pad 110S will not reset and it says my device needs additional space.: 110S , I don’t know the password or how to get into the email to reset the password. I tried resetting it by holding shift down and restart button with the left mouse. Wheni hold it down for 10 seconds the page for the erase device pops up , and nothing works, and it say...
  6. Windows 10 factory reset additional space needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 factory reset additional space needed: Hello, I'm trying to fix my 32 gb Windows 10 laptop and I feel that a factory reset is the only option but when I try to it say Additional space needed but I cannot clear anything my else because it is factory. I know all passwords but I don't know command propt stuff? Is the...
  7. Blue screen of death windows 10: Unable to Reset, Error: 'additional free space is needed...

Blue screen of death windows 10: Unable to Reset, Error: 'additional free space is needed...: My computer was stuck in a automatic repair loop. When I try 'refresh your PC', it stated 'additional free space is needed on the drive where Windows is installed. Free up some space and try again.' But of course I couldnt because I couldnt get in there to free space! Well...
  8. Reset this PC not working...Additional free space is needed on the drive where windows is...

Reset this PC not working...Additional free space is needed on the drive where windows is...: Windows 10 is not loading...automatic repair failed and reset is unsuccessful. Error message is attached.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-this-pc-not-workingadditional-free-space-is/48f8afe5-52a5-403b-afe3-abce7a4c61ac
  9. Error: Additional Space Required to Reset Computer

Error: Additional Space Required to Reset Computer: I'm trying to completely wipe my system because its performance has steadily declined over time and I suspect it's riddled with viruses, though it's still usable. I also believe said viruses are taking all the space on my computer, and I can't delete anything because...
  10. Reset Dell Inspiron with no password and additional space required

Reset Dell Inspiron with no password and additional space required: I just bought a Dell Inspiron, it's a long story but I have no password and I can't reset because additional space is required I'm wondering if there's another way to reset it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. additional space needed to reset

2. additional disk space needed to reset pc

3. additional disk space is needed to reset my pc

4. create enough space to reset linx 1010,
  5. how to factory reset inspiron 14-3452 additional disk space needed,
  6. additional space is needed on (c:),
  7. linx windows 10 additional space needed to reset,
  8. additional disk space needed to reset pc when i have space,
  9. reset this pc additional space is needed window 10,
  10. additional free space is needed on the drive where windows is installed. clear this space and try again.,
  11. i cant reset my pc. aditional space needed,
  12. reset an additional ,
  13. reset pc additional space needed on drive,
  14. an additional space needed for reset windows 10 error,
  15. needs additional 3gb for clean reset