Windows 10: Reset/Recovery Function Not Working

Discus and support Reset/Recovery Function Not Working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to wipe my hard drive C: and D: in preparation to give away my computer. When I go to the Recovery function and select Remove Everything,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HeatherASL, May 16, 2023.

1. Reset/Recovery Function Not Working

I am trying to wipe my hard drive C: and D: in preparation to give away my computer. When I go to the Recovery function and select Remove Everything, my computer it keeps telling me "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." How do I fix this?

:)

HeatherASL, May 16, 2023
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Reset this PC function In Recovery

Hi Wayne,

Since your machine was clean installed with 1703 previously without any issues, Windows.old folder will not be available since you successfully performed a clean install.

Every time you upgrade your PC from an older version of Windows to Windows 10 without first formatting the hard drive, or when you install a new Windows Insider Preview test build, the install wizard will save a copy of the previous version inside of the "Windows.old"
    folder on your computer. If everything is working as expected after upgrading to Windows 10, you probably don't need these files, as they consume your hard drive space.

The System Reserve Partition (SRP) is a small partition on your hard drive that stores
    boot information for Windows. This contains the Windows boot manager and boot configuration data.
    Reset your PC is a recovery method on Windows 10 usually uses a bootable media as backup. We suggest that you check these articles for more information about Reset your PC:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, May 16, 2023
  3. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, May 16, 2023
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

Reset/Recovery Function Not Working

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, May 16, 2023
Thema:

Reset/Recovery Function Not Working

1. Reset/Recovery Function Not Working - Similar Threads - Reset Recovery Function

2. How to tell Microsoft that there bitkey recovery function is not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to tell Microsoft that there bitkey recovery function is not working?: Currently both the bit locker combinations for my pc as well as my laptop are unable to be accessed. I need the bitkey for my latop. All the page says is, "Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists, contact us." With there being no way to contact...
  3. How to tell Microsoft that there bitkey recovery function is not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to tell Microsoft that there bitkey recovery function is not working?: Currently both the bit locker combinations for my pc as well as my laptop are unable to be accessed. I need the bitkey for my latop. All the page says is, "Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists, contact us." With there being no way to contact...
  4. Reset/Recovery Function Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset/Recovery Function Not Working: I am trying to wipe my hard drive C: and D: in preparation to give away my computer. When I go to the Recovery function and select Remove Everything, my computer it keeps telling me "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." How do I fix this?...
  5. Reset/Recovery Function Not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset/Recovery Function Not Working: I am trying to wipe my hard drive C: and D: in preparation to give away my computer. When I go to the Recovery function and select Remove Everything, my computer it keeps telling me "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." How do I fix this?...
  6. Reset and Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset and Recovery: How do I recover a previous version of my PC after I did a reset of the system. Apps are still here but are not installed. Mail is gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-and-recovery/de52c430-6c19-49ef-88a8-24a6b0ac81b7
  7. reset PROJECT function

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    reset PROJECT function: Hello. When using the PROJECT function to put your laptop information to a bigger screen. If it works its OK. However sometimes I need to reset - however it says "Disconnecting" - & 5,10,20 minutes later its still disconnecting.. is there a FAST way to 'reset' the system...
  8. Reset and Recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset and Recovery: I have just reset my computer and now I cant find Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Note, Outlook. In short, I cant find any of the Microsoft apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-and-recovery/421f7941-0276-45d0-aec7-754088994f4c
  9. recovery reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recovery reset: Hi My Hp laptop wont let me do a reset or recovery gets to about 10% then a screen pops up with error message that it failed what else can I do to reset thank you TIM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-reset/82c8b030-12f7-46f3-8afe-fbea32b66b39
  10. "Reset this PC" Function

in Windows 10 Support
    "Reset this PC" Function: Does this work? I literally tried last night and ended up with some kind of Boot Device error that continued to restart loop with the same result. 16109