Windows 10: Reset, Reinstall...Windows 10 Home Where Are The Proper Instructions

Discus and support Reset, Reinstall...Windows 10 Home Where Are The Proper Instructions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Everywhere I look there is a different set of instructions on how to reinstall Windows 10 Home.I've got an HP laptop. It came with Windows 7. There is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pinetreecc, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Reset, Reinstall...Windows 10 Home Where Are The Proper Instructions

Everywhere I look there is a different set of instructions on how to reinstall Windows 10 Home.I've got an HP laptop. It came with Windows 7. There is a recovery partition for Windows 7 on the hard drive. The laptop was upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer. The computer boots into Windows 10. There is an error indicating the computer cannot login with the proper credentials. All work done on the computer will be deleted when Windows is shut down.I have checked the Microsoft user account, username and password. Somehow it looks like there may be two accounts using the same email

:)

Pinetreecc, Jun 29, 2021
  2. Kursah Win User

Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

It depends on the junk accumulated honestly, but there are various methods. You can always remove programs, delete download folder, media locations, etc. As some have suggested, keeping some items on a separate internal storage drive is an option as well. Depends on what you have, what your budget is and how you want to handle your system and data.

The method @RejZoR suggests is sound and a method I've used dozens if not hundreds of time with great success in the field. In many cases though the goal is to keep user data intact, and to repair the OS. In place upgrade as it is called is also only doable in that method if you can boot to desktop, if you can't, it is time for some more advanced options or a format & reinstall.

With Windows 8 and 10 there are refresh and reset options that can be leveraged as well. Hold Shift and click Restart to reboot your system, this will get you into the advanced boot menu, which you'll need to choose advanced options (I forget ATM what it is called) and choose one of a couple items, refresh or reset.

Refresh is essentially In Place Upgrade but a little more aggressive as it wipes the Windows Apps and you may need to reinstall programs. Reset is like an OS reinstall, wipes user data, wipes profiles, registry, performs a install from the system image. Often times I'll do this and bypass using a USB key on a system. Though there are instances where these options will not work if a system has a level of corruption that has not been repaired/resolved. Check the OS Repair link in my sig for more info if ya need.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jun 29, 2021
  3. MrGenius Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Reset, Reinstall...Windows 10 Home Where Are The Proper Instructions :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Jun 29, 2021
  4. Reset, Reinstall...Windows 10 Home Where Are The Proper Instructions

Instructions to change board?

Boot off of the windows CD, repair your XP partition (hopefully you won't have to reinstall windows), install drivers, and you're good to go. You'll see dual channel mode in the BIOS splash screen results from POST. It'll be pretty obvious *Stick Out Tongue Reset, Reinstall...Windows 10 Home Where Are The Proper Instructions :p. Here's a list of general tweaks for the 939Dual-SATA2.
    Step one- Set time, date
    Step two- In CPU settings, disable cool n quiet, set memory clock to DDR400, play with memory timings (CAS-TRAS-TRP-TRCD), which are listed in the bios in the order CAS, TRCD, TRAS, and TRP. EDIT- new BIOS's mess around with this order, can't be too sure on it, but yeah at least you know what the RAM timings stand for *Big Grin Reset, Reinstall...Windows 10 Home Where Are The Proper Instructions :D.
    Leave MA timing at 2T unless you think your system can handle 1T
    Step three- in Chipset settings, enable onboard LAN, disable onboard Audio, disable AGP fast write, set primary graphics adapter, and set CPU-NB and NB-SB link speed to 1000mhz.
    Step four- in IDE, disable controllers you aren't using. On all drives detected, enable SMART if you can and set PIO/DMA as high as they will go.
    Step five- Enable legacy USB support
    Step six- Set password if you're worried about anyone screwing around with your BIOS settings
    Step seven- Configure your boot sequence. I reccomend hard drive first, optical drive second, and floppy drive third.
    Step eight- Save changes, boot into XP, and enjoy your computer.

zekrahminator, Jun 29, 2021
Thema:

Reset, Reinstall...Windows 10 Home Where Are The Proper Instructions

1. Reset, Reinstall...Windows 10 Home Where Are The Proper Instructions - Similar Threads - Reset Reinstall Home

2. Windows 10 Home Edition Download and Instructions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home Edition Download and Instructions.: Home screen displays " Activate Windows. Go to settings to activate windows." When I attempt to activate and troubleshoot the issue, I receive the error "We found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Pro. To activate using this digital license,...
  3. Windows 10 Home Edition Download and Instructions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home Edition Download and Instructions.: Home screen displays " Activate Windows. Go to settings to activate windows." When I attempt to activate and troubleshoot the issue, I receive the error "We found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Pro. To activate using this digital license,...
  4. Windows 10 Home Edition Download and Instructions.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Home Reinstallation

Windows 10 Home Reinstallation: Hi, About a month ago, I purchased a Windows 10 Home activation key for a Parallels enabled Windows 10 Home installation on my MacBook Pro. Shortly after, I decided to completely uninstall both Windows 10 and Parallels for Mac from that Macbook Pro due to shortage of disk...
  6. Windows 10 Home reinstallation

Windows 10 Home reinstallation: Hi. I have Ubuntu 20.04 installed and I tried to make a dual boot with Windows. My computer is an Alienware Dell and was using RAID storage for Windows. In order to have Ubuntu, I needed AHCI storage. I tried changing some of the registry keys in Windows and change to AHCI...
  7. reinstal windows 10 home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reinstal windows 10 home: Hello Community; Scenario: I have an HP desktop PC with an OS of windows 10 home, it was not performing properly and was instructed to do a " RESET OF THE PC" which I did, but after the reset was complete now when I try to boot up the PC I have a "BLUE SCREEN" with...
  8. Where are the instructions for working with Paint?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are the instructions for working with Paint?: Is there a user manual? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-the-instructions-for-working-with-paint/a429b685-f09f-464e-b9b2-912fb039e8f4"
  9. Reinstall of Windows 10 Home

Reinstall of Windows 10 Home: My wife's HP TouchSmart 600 All-In-One PC was behaving irradicably, with frequent screen freezes and high CPU usage. I attempted to repair her OS, Windows 10 Home by following the instructions on this Microsoft site:...
  10. Reinstall Windows 10 Home

Reinstall Windows 10 Home: My laptop stopped working during a restart after an update. I could not access anything except in Safe Mode. However, i could not find the product key. I got Windows 10 when it was first released and it was free. I ended up wiping the hard drive and reinstalling the software...