Windows 10: Reset same background

Discus and support Reset same background in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I reset my computer with a background from the internet, then I reset it and the background still here... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rockywheels, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Reset same background

I reset my computer with a background from the internet, then I reset it and the background still here

:)

Rockywheels, Aug 11, 2018

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Reset same background

Windows 10 Task menu background transparency

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologize for delay in reply.

As a workaround, I suggest you to change the desktop background/ remove the desktop background and check.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Reset same background

1. Reset same background - Similar Threads - Reset same background

2. Windows Background keeps resetting my background to a solid colour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Background keeps resetting my background to a solid colour: I have recently upgraded to Windows 11 and seem to have this really annoying bug when I set a wallpaper: When I set a picture as the wallpaper and restart Windows, it resets to a solid color. I have tried many things online but nothing seems to work such as:- DISM.exe clean-...
  3. Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background

Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background: Hello There,I have this issue on my Windows 11 wherein it opens up multiple copies of the same application. In the screenshot from this link that I only opened Photoshop without any tabs or design being active, and yet it shows multiple instances of the same application in...
  4. Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background: Hello There,I have this issue on my Windows 11 wherein it opens up multiple copies of the same application. In the screenshot from this link that I only opened Photoshop without any tabs or design being active, and yet it shows multiple instances of the same application in...
  5. Sideshow background playing same photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sideshow background playing same photos: I have 2 monitors plugged into my laptop for work. I set up the slideshow background to my selected photo folder. It currently has around, say 20 photos so far.I have the 2 monitors in use for work and usually only have the laptop free to see the photos changing.The trouble...
  6. Sideshow background playing same photos

Sideshow background playing same photos: I have 2 monitors plugged into my laptop for work. I set up the slideshow background to my selected photo folder. It currently has around, say 20 photos so far.I have the 2 monitors in use for work and usually only have the laptop free to see the photos changing.The trouble...
  7. Desktop backgrounds on different machines changing to be the same

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Desktop backgrounds on different machines changing to be the same: Recently I noticed that the desktop backgrounds of my secondary machines have started changing to match my primary machine. This doesn't work well because I have multiple monitors on my primary machine and single monitors on my secondary machines. I use the same Microsoft...
  8. Login Screen Background Not same as desktop Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login Screen Background Not same as desktop Background: Hi, I have set the option "Show Windows Background on the sign in screen" in personalization -> Lock screen to true and I changed my wallpaper. The sign in screen keeps the default blue sign in background. This occurs on my PC and my laptop. Both are running Windows 10...
  9. Two PC's showing same background

Two PC's showing same background: Hi all, Apologies, my title doesn't really explain my issue very well - I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 on my main work PC and for the desktop background I have a slideshow and I have the taskbar showing. I have an HTPC in the lounge which is running on Windows 8.1...
  10. Same Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10

Same Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10: I want both to be the same? Thanks for any input on this. Did a new install,can I still get Media Center? If so Where? Z 22711

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset windows but background is the same