Windows 10: Reset screwed up my laptop

Discus and support Reset screwed up my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My name is Pratyush, I just performed a full reset of my Laptop. But when it is complete, and I fill all my info and reach the desktop, I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PratyushDagar, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Reset screwed up my laptop

Hi, My name is Pratyush, I just performed a full reset of my Laptop. But when it is complete, and I fill all my info and reach the desktop, I am not able to run any Modern UI apps and not able to sign in using a microsoft account. UWP apps and sign in Prompt crash on opening. Moreover, there is a process called "wsappx" which is taking upto Two gigabytes of MemoryRAM. This never happened before the Reset. What should I do. Or did I screw up something during the reset Process. I personally guess this is something with the Insider build. I was to uninstall it but that needs me to sign in to a Microsoft account which, as told above, I am not able to!

Please tell a solution.

I am in dire need of help !!!!

:)

PratyushDagar, Dec 13, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Laptop screws and broken spinning threaded nuts :-(

Hello
    Is there a trick to open original never opened laptop screws ?
    If I open like 10 screws about 2/10pcs always have broken\loose spinning brass threaded nuts.
    I have opened a Lenovo(2008) and a HP(2015) laptop when trying to fit SSDs and both ended up with some spinning threaded nuts.
    -> When unable to open the case I just end up using a DVD drive caddy for the damn SSDs.
    • Laptop screws always have that massive amount of tip goo (=red or blue colored rubber thread seal) in threads which I believe is causing the spinning screw issue. Please Chinese we don't need the "goo".
    • Or the Chinese just over tighten the screws.
    • Also cheap thin plastic around brass nuts.

user33331, Dec 13, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Clem Win User

Reset screwed up my laptop

Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Thema:

Reset screwed up my laptop

1. Reset screwed up my laptop - Similar Threads - Reset screwed laptop

2. Windows factory reset screwed up my computer!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows factory reset screwed up my computer!: So, I was having a lot of issues with windows before... but now I'm having more problems. I kept getting black screens on load up so I did a reset with the ISO option. Now, my computer is showing that I am not connected even though I can use the internet just fine with...
  3. Windows factory reset screwed up my computer!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows factory reset screwed up my computer!: So, I was having a lot of issues with windows before... but now I'm having more problems. I kept getting black screens on load up so I did a reset with the ISO option. Now, my computer is showing that I am not connected even though I can use the internet just fine with...
  4. Factory reset screws up my network and Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset screws up my network and Bluetooth: I have a windows 11 mini PC. I added a gpu threw my only m.2 slot and I am running ssd threw USB-C which works absolutelly fine. After adding the rx 5700 xt I could not download the drivers due to some windows security problem so I backup my files to cloud and factory reset...
  5. Factory reset screws up my network and Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset screws up my network and Bluetooth: I have a windows 11 mini PC. I added a gpu threw my only m.2 slot and I am running ssd threw USB-C which works absolutelly fine. After adding the rx 5700 xt I could not download the drivers due to some windows security problem so I backup my files to cloud and factory reset...
  6. An update screwed up my new laptop!!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An update screwed up my new laptop!!!!!: Hello, I am hoping SOMEONE with REAL windows 10 knowledge can help me!Ever since a forced in, unstoppable, UNWANTED windows 10 update loaded itself into MY laptop, I can no longer open the "Start" menu, Action Center no longer opens and a few other things no longer...
  7. Reset and screen screwed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset and screen screwed up: I did a reset and this is what I have on my screen at start up and can't go any further. What do i need to do? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-and-screen-screwed-up/0aa3e291-0bcb-4177-a05d-1c66c768ec88
  8. My Laptop is screwed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop is screwed: My laptop ever since installing Duet which is what i use, keeps telling me it couldn’t repair itself, I have tried everything and nothing works. It also gives me a (GSOD) Green screen of Death[IMG]...
  9. Windows 10 update screwed up my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 update screwed up my laptop: 1. Wont recognize my pin 2. Wont let me reset, gives an error mssg 3. On airplane mode and does not give an option to connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-screwed-up-my-laptop/2ea4ed42-613b-49f6-acb0-7b0914d5bf6b
  10. W10 screwed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 screwed up my laptop: I upgraded to w10 pro from w7 pro. I thought all was well, but yesterday the screen went sideways - tried to drag it and went to settings , no help. I restored a saved image (Macrium) and I got the screen back, but it did it again. I installed an external hdd ( has...