Windows 10: Reset Security Key! Help

Discus and support Reset Security Key! Help in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I desperately need help on how to reset or remove the physical security key option under Settings - Sign-in options. When I click on "manage",... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TimDo, Oct 29, 2020.

1. TimDo Win User

Reset Security Key! Help

Hi,

I desperately need help on how to reset or remove the physical security key option under Settings - Sign-in options.

When I click on "manage", it's asking me to insert a security key but the thing is I don't have one and I don't remember for the life of me setting up one before. I tried inserting every usb I could find in my house but nothing has worked so far. I really wouldn't want to reset my computer back to its factory settings in order to get rid of it, so if someone could advice me on how to remove it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much!

:)

TimDo, Oct 29, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Borg 386 Win User
    windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Oct 29, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Reset Security Key! Help

Aegis Secure Key 3.0 Announced with 480GB Capacity

Apricorn, the leading manufacturer of software-free, hardware-encrypted USB drives, added three new sizes to their already expansive Aegis Secure Key 3.0 line, raising the total number of capacity options to seven (8, 16, 30, 60, 120, 240, and 480 GB.) With last year's introduction of the 240GB Aegis Secure Key 3, Apricorn had already doubled the storage capacity of the nearest competitor. This year, Apricorn has again doubled down on that size advantage with their new 480GB Secure Key: roughly four times the competition's max size of 120GB. And with the falling cost of flash storage, these larger capacity, super secure hardware-encrypted flash keys have rapidly become the ideal tool for corporate data security deployment.

"This is our most advanced product to date; besides packing half a terabyte of encrypted data into a thumbdrive, we have expanded its feature set to surpass any rival," says Mike McCandless, Apricorn's VP of Sales and Marketing. "And keeping true to the Apricorn tradition, The ASK 3.0 is completely software-free, cross-platform compatible with any OS, and has embedded authentication so no security parameters are ever shared with the host."

Reset Security Key! Help 114b_thm.jpg

Reset Security Key! Help 114a_thm.jpg

Beyond the expansion in size range, the Secure Key 3.0 carries the highest portable device security validation that the NIST grants: FIPS 140-2 level 3, and boasts an impressive list of features that surpasses other flash keys in its class such as a separate admin and user mode, two read-only modes, forced enrollment, programmable brute-force defense, a lock-override mode, plus a host of additional features that permit the Secure Key 3.0 to adhere to most security policies.

"Now that our high-capacity Secure Keys have come down so much in price, CISOs are rethinking the role of encrypted thumb drives in their business. No longer are they limited to carrying and storing small amounts of data. Now you've got secure, affordable flash storage capacities ranging up to nearly half a terabyte, USB 3.0 and flash transfer speeds, plus a laundry list of advanced security features; yet we're still only talking about a device that is about the size of a pack of gum."

Features
    • FIPS 140-2 level 3 validated; IP58 Certified
    • Embedded Keypad for host-free authentication
    • Auto-Lock Feature - Automatically locks after a predetermined period of inactivity
    • Drive Reset Feature - Allows for redeployment after wiping drive's data
    • Lock Override - Permits the drive to remain unlocked during port re-enumeration
    • Programmable Brute Force Protection - Sets the number of brute force attempts allowed, up to 20
    • Self-Destruct Feature - Designate a Self-Destruct PIN to wipe and reset the device
    • Tamper resistant / evident design
    • 3-Year Limited Warranty
    Starting at $99, Apricorn's Aegis Secure Key 3.0 is available in 8GB, 16GB, 30GB, 60GB, 120GB, 240GB, 480GB from most online retailers.

btarunr, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Reset Security Key! Help

1. Reset Security Key! Help - Similar Threads - Reset Security Key

2. Windows Security Key PROMPT! PLS HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Key PROMPT! PLS HELP!: Hello, At 1PM today, I tried logging in my Gmail account and i cannot seem to login using the correct password since I have been using it for almost 3 years without changing the password. After 3 tries, I decided to click "forgot password" thinking I will just change the...
  3. Windows Security Key PROMPT! PLS HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Key PROMPT! PLS HELP!: Hello, At 1PM today, I tried logging in my Gmail account and i cannot seem to login using the correct password since I have been using it for almost 3 years without changing the password. After 3 tries, I decided to click "forgot password" thinking I will just change the...
  4. Windows Security Key PROMPT! PLS HELP!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Security Key

Security Key: Hello,I try to log in to my account with that security key: USB Winkeo-A FIDO U2F produced by Neowave. It doesn't work and I'm having some trouble. Can that key be used? Thank you,Simon Martin...
  6. Help with factory reset and windows key.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with factory reset and windows key.: So I have a windows 10 laptop that I bought from a shop in my city, 1 day, the activate windows watermark randomly appeared, I was wondering if I can factory reset my PC despite not having a key or whatever its called. I'm not that good with electronics when it comes to such...
  7. Security key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Security key: I purchased a new dell last year with windows 10. All was great. Today i try to login, I get to login screen, type my pin, then all goes black after logging in! If I press the windows key the startup menue show but if I click on it I still get a black screen! I tried to...
  8. Reset security

Reset security: Hi, I've been playing around a bit too much with security settings local security policies, group policies,... for learning purposes and I'm getting stuck now. That's not very smart, I know. So I'm looking for a solution to reset everything to standard settings without...
  9. Security Key

Security Key: Yubico said I can add more than one security key but I was only able to add one. I added like 4 on my Google so I am not sure why I can't add more than one on Microsoft. Thanks....
  10. Reset Security Key to Factory Defaults in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Security Key to Factory Defaults in Windows 10: How to: Reset Security Key to Factory Defaults in Windows 10 How to Reset Security Key to Factory Defaults in Windows 10 A security key (ex: YubiKey) is a physical device that you can use instead of your user name and password to sign in. Since its used in addition to a...