Windows 10: Reset security

Discus and support Reset security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I've been playing around a bit too much with security settings local security policies, group policies,... for learning purposes and I'm getting... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nicolas E, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Nicolas E Win User

Reset security

Hi,

I've been playing around a bit too much with security settings local security policies, group policies,... for learning purposes and I'm getting stuck now. That's not very smart, I know. So I'm looking for a solution to reset everything to standard settings without doing a windows reset, if ever it is possible.

Cheers

Nicolas

:)

Nicolas E, Apr 18, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Cannot remove stored Windows Security Passwords and User Name

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• Is your PC connected to Domain?
    I suggest you to try Optimizing the Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

>> Follow the below images and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to delete the browsing history in General Tab
      and click Apply.

Reset security [​IMG]

• Then I suggest you to Reset the Security Zone Level or
      customize the Zone level
      in Security tab and click
      Apply

Reset security Javascript-Internet-Explorer-10-Internet-Options-Security-tab-Custom-Level-WindowsWally.png

• I suggest you to Clear SSL in the Content Tab
      and click Apply.

Reset security inetOpsContent.jpg

• I suggest you to Check all the SSL certificates
      in Advanced Tab and click Apply.

Reset security IEAdvanced.jpg

• Perform all the above steps and check if the same issue persists in Internet Explorer.
    Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control
    settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 18, 2020
  4. curatia Win User

Reset security

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Reset security

1. Reset security - Similar Threads - Reset security

2. How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...: I did a reset of Windows 10 on my laptop today and afterwards the update and security link directs back to my laptop display instead of opening in the settings. I haven't done anything else because I don't know what to do!...
  3. How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...: I did a reset of Windows 10 on my laptop today and afterwards the update and security link directs back to my laptop display instead of opening in the settings. I haven't done anything else because I don't know what to do!...
  4. How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I reset Windows Security Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset Windows Security Manager?: I installed a software and it corrupted my Windows Security Manager. I have tried activating UAC but it doesn't work, it doesn't seem to appear on my registryservices and in my registry editor. How do I resolve this? I also get installation errors when updating Windows 11, so...
  6. How do I reset Windows Security Manager?

How do I reset Windows Security Manager?: I installed a software and it corrupted my Windows Security Manager. I have tried activating UAC but it doesn't work, it doesn't seem to appear on my registryservices and in my registry editor. How do I resolve this? I also get installation errors when updating Windows 11, so...
  7. Windows Security Broken After Reset was done on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Broken After Reset was done on Windows 11.: My pc was completely operational prior to doing the reset/refresh of Windows 2 days ago, however I've noticed that sections of the Windows Security application does not work properly. For example, Device security now states that "Standard hardware security not supported"...
  8. Windows Security Broken After Reset was done on Windows 11.

Windows Security Broken After Reset was done on Windows 11.: My pc was completely operational prior to doing the reset/refresh of Windows 2 days ago, however I've noticed that sections of the Windows Security application does not work properly. For example, Device security now states that "Standard hardware security not supported"...
  9. Reset Windows 11 Pro to fix Edge, now windows security issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Windows 11 Pro to fix Edge, now windows security issue.: Hello,Need your expertise, before I delete all partitions and reinstall windows 11 Pro from scratch.so.I read all the posts in regards to app/edge browser/ 3 dots both options to modify and the other one greyed out.No fix worked, registry fix, and the other one. So just went...
  10. Reset Windows 11 Pro to fix Edge, now windows security issue.

Reset Windows 11 Pro to fix Edge, now windows security issue.: Hello,Need your expertise, before I delete all partitions and reinstall windows 11 Pro from scratch.so.I read all the posts in regards to app/edge browser/ 3 dots both options to modify and the other one greyed out.No fix worked, registry fix, and the other one. So just went...