Windows 10: Reset sign-in password admin account from a local account

Discus and support Reset sign-in password admin account from a local account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I have a problem.. My password from admin account has changed without my permission. Do you know how to reset it? I have a local account if this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidLuca, Oct 12, 2019.

1. DavidLuca Win User

Reset sign-in password admin account from a local account

Hi. I have a problem.. My password from admin account has changed without my permission. Do you know how to reset it? I have a local account if this can help..

:)

DavidLuca, Oct 12, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Lost password (local account)

Hi Lisa, welcome to the Ten Forums.

Sign out from your local account, sign in with built-in admin account. Run netplwiz, select your local account and select Reset Password. Doing it from built-in admin you will not be asked the old password.

You can now sign out from built-in admin and sign in to your local account with new password.

3. Try3 Win User
    Forgotten admin password.

Sorry but "Admin account" might be a description. Is your answer to 1 that you are signed in to the built-in account with the username Administrator or do you just mean that you are signed in to an account that has admin status [an account that you have made at some stage]?

The account to select in the list is the one that you want to reset the password to. If that is the one you are signed in to then you'll get that To change your password press Alt+Ctrl+Delete message instead [and the existing password is needed in order to do any change].

You need to be signed in to a different admin user account in order to reset the existing one's password. By the way, you will lose all your saved internet sign-in credentials by resetting it.
    - You could create a new password-protected, admin-level local user account {steps given in a separate post below} then sign in to it so you could then use netplwiz to reset the original one.

Denis

4. Try3 Win User

Local Admin account password changed to unknown

First of all, but this is a wild shot in the dark, some people have found that they went online to an MS service such as the Windows store and signed in but doing so converted the user account they happened to be logged into at the time into an MSAccount-linked account. So, if your sign-in failure gets annotated with a link to reset the password, follow it through

• If it leads to an attempt to reset your MSAccount password then you will know that the user account has been converted.
    • If it leads to being told to put in your password reset disk you will know that the user account remains a local user account.

If this is not the solution & your user account remains a local user account then I think you are going to have to
    1 restore the system image you referred to, or
    2 reinstall Windows 10, or
    3 take your computer to a local computer technician who might use unorthodox methods to gain entry & reset your password. You will have to make sure this is somebody you can trust because the procedure used will give them unfettered access to the whole of your computer.

Denis

Thema:

1. Reset sign-in password admin account from a local account - Similar Threads - Reset sign password

2. Resetting admin password/account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting admin password/account.: Me and a business partner are logged out of our Microsoft account post update I think and can't login. Trying to reset password as current login details are not being accepted, but requires administrator to do this. However we can't log in as administrator either. How do we...
  3. Resetting admin password/account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting admin password/account.: Me and a business partner are logged out of our Microsoft account post update I think and can't login. Trying to reset password as current login details are not being accepted, but requires administrator to do this. However we can't log in as administrator either. How do we...
  4. Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account: I have a user who cannot run some scripts using python to map some paths on dependencies. User is signed in with their Microsoft account which is FirstName LastName There is a space in between first and last name and then a phone number under their account when checking user...
  5. Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account: I have a user who cannot run some scripts using python to map some paths on dependencies. User is signed in with their Microsoft account which is FirstName LastName There is a space in between first and last name and then a phone number under their account when checking user...
  6. Reset local account password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset local account password.: I want to login with my microsoft account on a laptop. But I can´t since I need to know my dead stepfathers local account password. I know the pin number. Tried for hours to get in contact with microsoft support. But it is impossible to reach a human....
  7. How to reset a local account password from an admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset a local account password from an admin account: How do i change a local account’s password on a Windows 10 machine, using an Admin account? Last night, i changed the hours that the local account could log on. This morning, we discovered that the password and security questions must have also been changed dont know how...
  8. Password reset for local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password reset for local account: I changed the password on a local account and can not log in. How can I reset it if I can not get past the sign on screen? If I try the reset password option, it tells me to insert a USB drive. I did not set up the computer in the beginning, and no reset disc was made. Can I...
  9. Can't "sign in" to local admin account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't "sign in" to local admin account.: [ATTACH] So I intern as the "IT" guy at my high school and was put on this project. The picture above pops up every time I sign into the local admin account. If I try any other accounts on aforementioned PC, it works fine. When setting up the computer for the first time we...
  10. Reset Local Account Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reset Local Account Password: After a power glitch, Windows did not recognize my local password anymore Although I have been able to login using my Microsoft account password, I would like to be able to login locally again. How to achieve that? I have only found ways to reset the Microsoft account...