Windows 10: Reset Start menu to default

Discus and support Reset Start menu to default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have just set up a new laptop and for some reason the start menu has corrupted. The programs no longer line up in a column but are in the centre of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Opsman2020, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Reset Start menu to default

I have just set up a new laptop and for some reason the start menu has corrupted. The programs no longer line up in a column but are in the centre of the screen in several columns. I read up about changing the TileDataLayer but cannot find this now in Widows 10 even in hidden folders so I guess the solution I had looked up was an old post. Does anyone know the current answer to reset the start menu to default?

:)

Opsman2020, Feb 16, 2020
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Feb 16, 2020
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Reset Start menu to default prob.jpg

psyko12, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Reset Start menu to default

Start Menu and making default apps issue.

Hi Joy,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• Did you install all the pending updates on your system?

I suggest you to follow these steps below to set Google chrome browser as default browser.

1. Type Control Panel in search bar on your system and open Default programs under Control Panel Window.

2. Select Set your Default programs under Choose the program that Windows use by default.

3. Select Google chrome browser as default program in the Set your Default programs Window.

4. Then click on OK and check, if it helps you.

Also refer to the section "Try the troubleshooter"
    in the link below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Reset Start menu to default

1. Reset Start menu to default - Similar Threads - Reset Start menu

2. The Start Menu keeps resetting to defaults

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Start Menu keeps resetting to defaults: The Start menu keeps defaulting to factory settings by itself. I'm not sure how it's happening, but it will randomly reset. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-start-menu-keeps-resetting-to-defaults/e8f30c1c-4871-4597-acba-36f05425838e
  3. The Start Menu keeps resetting to defaults

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Start Menu keeps resetting to defaults: The Start menu keeps defaulting to factory settings by itself. I'm not sure how it's happening, but it will randomly reset. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-start-menu-keeps-resetting-to-defaults/e8f30c1c-4871-4597-acba-36f05425838e
  4. Windows 11 Start menu reset to default for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Start menu reset to default for no reason: After a recent boot up, I clicked on start, and my whole start menu has returned to its default state. As in when you first install Windows 11, shows Tiktok, Instagram, Facebook, etc. and I have none of these installed. All my custom shortcuts, folders, everything's gone. All...
  5. Windows 11 Start menu reset to default for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Start menu reset to default for no reason: After a recent boot up, I clicked on start, and my whole start menu has returned to its default state. As in when you first install Windows 11, shows Tiktok, Instagram, Facebook, etc. and I have none of these installed. All my custom shortcuts, folders, everything's gone. All...
  6. default start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    default start menu: how do i return to the default start menu. I guess I hit something and it changed. I want to go back to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-start-menu/65c75367-a7af-48fb-8d3c-48e3ed9fa838
  7. Start Menu resetting to default after every restart.

Start Menu resetting to default after every restart.: Hi, I've reset my PC recently, and since then, my Start Menu keeps resetting to its default after restarting my PC. Also, when I try to pin any apps to the Start Menu, they don't physically appear in the menu. But when I right click the app again, the option "unpin from...
  8. Reboot resets start menu to default

Reboot resets start menu to default: After the latest update my Start Menu always resets to default after every start/restart. I've done everything to fix the issue I've found in other forums (removing registry key & checking video drivers) when this issue has popped up before except create a new admin profile....
  9. Resetting start page menu layout to default in Win 10.

Resetting start page menu layout to default in Win 10.: Hi.....somehow I lost my original start page menu layout. I can access everything as before, but the layout is different and I have to click on more buttons etc. Is there a way I can get the original layout without doing a computer restore and having to 'customize' things...
  10. How to reset the Start menu to default settings/layout?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reset the Start menu to default settings/layout?: Hello, I somehow managed to add shortcut to my Start menu leading nowhere and it messed up the whole thing. It closes itself nearly instantly and any interaction causes explorer.exe to crash. So is there a folder with *.lnk files, or xml with the Start menu...