Windows 10: Reset Surface Pro without Password or Recovery Key

Discus and support Reset Surface Pro without Password or Recovery Key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have tried several times to reset my surface through troubleshooting and downloading through the cloud and local but neither option works. I receive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Beth Barentsen, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Reset Surface Pro without Password or Recovery Key

I have tried several times to reset my surface through troubleshooting and downloading through the cloud and local but neither option works. I receive an error stating unable to download. I am trying to sign in with no domain.

:)

Beth Barentsen, Feb 15, 2023

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Feb 15, 2023
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked

Before try that, have tried resetting the UEFI options?

To reset the Surface Pro to the default UEFI settings, follow these steps:

• Press the Power button and the Volume Up button at same time while are starting the Surface Pro device.
    • Set Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to enabled.
    • Set Secure Boot Control to enabled.
    • Press Install Default Secure Boot keys.
    • Press Exit setup, and then save the changes.

4. P4-630 Win User

Reset Surface Pro without Password or Recovery Key

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password - Microsoft Support

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 15, 2023
Thema:

Reset Surface Pro without Password or Recovery Key

1. Reset Surface Pro without Password or Recovery Key - Similar Threads - Reset Surface Pro

2. Reset Surface Pro without Password or Recovery Key

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Reset Surface Pro without Password or Recovery Key: I have tried several times to reset my surface through troubleshooting and downloading through the cloud and local but neither option works. I receive an error stating unable to download. I am trying to sign in with no domain....
  3. Reset Surface Pro without Password or Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Surface Pro without Password or Recovery Key: I have tried several times to reset my surface through troubleshooting and downloading through the cloud and local but neither option works. I receive an error stating unable to download. I am trying to sign in with no domain....
  4. Reset Surface 3 Laptop without recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Surface 3 Laptop without recovery key: Hello. I've seen this topic covered a few times. However, when I hold the volume down key while powering on, the laptop goes to the normal login page. Holding volume up takes me to the Surface UEFI, but volume down does nothing, essentially. Any advice?...
  5. Reset Surface 3 Laptop without recovery key

Reset Surface 3 Laptop without recovery key: Hello. I've seen this topic covered a few times. However, when I hold the volume down key while powering on, the laptop goes to the normal login page. Holding volume up takes me to the Surface UEFI, but volume down does nothing, essentially. Any advice?...
  6. Reset Surface 3 Laptop without recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Reset Computer without recovery key or microsoft ID or recovery key.

Reset Computer without recovery key or microsoft ID or recovery key.: Hi! I had seen that this was a thread already but I have an entirely different device. I have a company computer that no one has access too, passwords and everything were forgotten. The company didnt want their devices back so here we are. The device that I have is a dell....
  8. Reset Computer without recovery key or microsoft ID or recovery key.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reset Computer without recovery key or microsoft ID or recovery key.: Hi! I had seen that this was a thread already but I have an entirely different device. I have a company computer that no one has access too, passwords and everything were forgotten. The company didnt want their devices back so here we are. The device that I have is a dell....
  9. Surface Pro recovery key site issue

Surface Pro recovery key site issue: My Surface Pro has started booting into startup recovery and asking for the recovery key. When I login I see the device in the devices list and match the Serial Number for Surface UEFI to online but when I click on the Bitlocker "Manage recovery keys" button I get the...
  10. Reset without recovery key

Reset without recovery key: I have a surface pro 8. It was unused for a couple of months and ive forgotten my pin and my password. When i try to reset my password it tells me "this requires outside media" so i did what it told me to on some forum and it said i needed the bitlocker recovery key. 1. I...