Windows 10: Reset the autoplay/autorun devices list

Discus and support Reset the autoplay/autorun devices list in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In autoplay settings, i have the list of each device i connected so far. How do i remove them? 60251 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by unko, Aug 13, 2016.

1. unko Win User

Reset the autoplay/autorun devices list

In autoplay settings, i have the list of each device i connected so far. How do i remove them?

:)

2. AUTORUN/AUTOPLAY

Hi Time Lady,

Thanks for the quick reply. Have tried your reply but it doesn't work for me, I have to enter file Explorer and open the drive from there, maybe there is another solution out their.

Will keep on looking.

Once again many thanks for your help.

haroldhirst, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Time Lady Win User
    AUTORUN/AUTOPLAY

Sorry the solution didn’t work for you, it may be the upcoming Windows update will fix many of the problems users are experiencing.

Time Lady, Aug 13, 2016
  4. Reset the autoplay/autorun devices list

Reset all defaults button at the bottom maybe? I have autoplay turned off. My list of devices is empty.

alphanumeric, Aug 13, 2016
Thema:

Reset the autoplay/autorun devices list

1. Reset the autoplay/autorun devices list - Similar Threads - Reset autoplay autorun

2. Actions from the autorun file are not displayed in the autoplay menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Actions from the autorun file are not displayed in the autoplay menu: [ATTACH] It's in the file autorun.inf [autorun] label=ANY_LABEL icon=VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt.exe action=VeraCrypt open=VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt.exe But when I insert the flash drive, the autoplay menu does not show the launch action...
  3. Enable or troubleshoot Autorun/Autoplay for a USB stick/flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable or troubleshoot Autorun/Autoplay for a USB stick/flash drive: An autorun.inf file is a text file that can be used by the Autorun and AutoPlay components of Microsoft Windows. When a USB drive is plugged into a USB port, an autorun USB dialog appears that prompts you to do certain operations: print images, run Windows Media Players, or...
  4. Autorun & Autoplay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Autorun & Autoplay: Sometimes, when I connect USB peripherals to my computer keyboards and mice, a utility management software installer for that peripheral is launched. For example razer peripherals sometimes launch synapse installer. Two questions: 1Does windows download these utilities...
  5. Autoplay (or is it autorun?) issue with mounted images inf ignored

in Windows 10 Support
    Autoplay (or is it autorun?) issue with mounted images inf ignored: So after re-installing daemon tools (i didnt get the memo that sptd got perma broken with windows 1903) I discovered (likely an issue prior, just noticed now) that I wasnt getting the icon in my navigation pane for whatever iso I mounted. this was further determined to not...
  6. Apple iPhone in Autoplay list

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apple iPhone in Autoplay list: I am unable to remove the listing in Autoplay for Apple Iphone and I spent numerous hours trying to remove it with no luck at all. I followed the steps using the registry as well, still it is shown on the AutoPlay listing. Spoke to one IT helpdesk agent and said the only way...
  7. Apple iPhone in Autoplay list

in Windows 10 Support
    Apple iPhone in Autoplay list: I am unable to remove the listing in Autoplay for Apple Iphone and I spent numerous hours trying to remove it with no luck at all. I followed the steps using the registry as well, still it is shown on the AutoPlay listing. Spoke to one IT helpdesk agent and said the only way...
  8. Disabling Autoplay/Autorun

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disabling Autoplay/Autorun: I am doing myself a system security audit and I would like to clear some confusion on the differences between the Autoplay settings in the Windows 10 Control Panel and the settings that are on the Group Policy Editor. If I Disable Autoplay within the actual Windows 10...
  9. IPad Autoplay - question 2 - edit devices in device listing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IPad Autoplay - question 2 - edit devices in device listing: A second issue popped up while I was trying to sync my iPad. There are multiple instances of the same device in my device list. I only have one iPad, but it shows up three times (see the highlighted entries). [img] Is there any way to delete the duplicate entries? The...
  10. "n/a" entry in Autoruns listings: what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    "n/a" entry in Autoruns listings: what is it?: Hi! Today I noticed something that wasn't there in past days: "n/a" entries in Autoruns in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components and HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components Respective registry entries:...