Windows 10: Reset the display randomly

Discus and support Reset the display randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Community I had this machine where HP laptop running Windows 10 connecting to 2 external Dell monitors via Toshiba docking station. The laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Valdy Valdy, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Reset the display randomly

Dear Community

I had this machine where HP laptop running Windows 10 connecting to 2 external Dell monitors via Toshiba docking station. The laptop sets as main display.

Occasionally, the displays get reset to only a laptop screen - other screen are black. Sometimes the display came back automatically and sometimes I have to unplug the USB cable that goes to docking station and plug back in - worked OK.

I've noticed that the trigger of this sometimes if I plugin Apple iPhone or thumb drive.

Any ideas what causing this?

I'm appreciated your feedback.

:)

Valdy Valdy, Dec 2, 2020
  2. CG33146 Win User

Computer Randomly Hangs; cannot run reset

I have been experiencing a number of issues with Windows 10. The computer randomly hangs up for 10 seconds or so. Since updates also would also not install, I ran the troubleshooter. Now I have resolved the update problem but the computer still randomly
    hangs for several seconds across all apps. I tried to reset the computer, but when I click on the reset button, nothing happens.

I ran several malware programs and nothing was found by any of them.

How can I resolve the issue? I tried to follow the steps to run the system checker, but I cannot get the computer to display what the steps say should be displayed.

I have a HP Z Book running Windows 10.

Thank you.

CG33146, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Reset the display randomly

Display was not migrated

Hi,

I understand the above solution didnt work so as to next step in solving your issue I suggest you follow the below.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type Device Manager

Step 2:

Under Device Manager expand Display Adapter

Step 3:

Right-click on Adapters listed one by one and select Properties

Step 4:

Select the Drivers tab

Step 5:

Click on Uninstall Device

Step 6:

Repeat step 3 to 5 for all listed adapters under Display Adapter

Step 7:

Restart PC and verify

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Reset the display randomly

1. Reset the display randomly - Similar Threads - Reset display randomly

2. no display after resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no display after resetting: Hello,I have a issue I want to resolveI reset my computer by doing the reset while holding shift method and it prompts up the troubleshoot and I reset my computer but once I press reset computer my screen goes black and there’s no signal, but my pc stays on does anybody know...
  3. no display after resetting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no display after resetting: Hello,I have a issue I want to resolveI reset my computer by doing the reset while holding shift method and it prompts up the troubleshoot and I reset my computer but once I press reset computer my screen goes black and there’s no signal, but my pc stays on does anybody know...
  4. PC Resetting Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Resetting Randomly: Specs:5900x3080TIMSI X570 Tomahawk32GB Teamgroup 3600mhzCorsair RM1000xThis machine is just over a year old and until now has had no issues since the day I built it.Symptoms:Starting roughly two weeks ago, PC started either resetting itself or freezing completely. I would say...
  5. PC Resetting Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Resetting Randomly: Specs:5900x3080TIMSI X570 Tomahawk32GB Teamgroup 3600mhzCorsair RM1000xThis machine is just over a year old and until now has had no issues since the day I built it.Symptoms:Starting roughly two weeks ago, PC started either resetting itself or freezing completely. I would say...
  6. Reset the displays randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reset the displays randomly: Dear Community I had this machine where HP laptop running Windows 10 connecting to 2 external Dell monitors via Toshiba docking station. The laptop sets as main display. Occasionally, the displays get reset to only a laptop screen - other screens are black. Sometimes the...
  7. Computer randomly resets.

Computer randomly resets.: Hey, so as the title says my newly built pc has been randomly shutting down and resetting always mid gaming and usually after 3+ hours of gaming. My system has not crashed during benchmarks. System temps are well below throttle and all drivers are up to date. I'm thinking...
  8. USB randomly resets

USB randomly resets: I have been having many problems with USB for a while but I'll try my best to keep this post short. Basically i have two usb hubs connected to my computer. Every so often at a random time, its almost like the devices connected to the hubs will "reset" themselves. Whenever...
  9. System resets randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System resets randomly: My system Reset Randomly. I have windows 10 installed. 59091
  10. random directory display

in Windows 10 Support
    random directory display: Hi, Each time event Id98 [Ntfs (Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs)] triggers, directory of external disk (E:\) is displaying on the screen. I would like to know how to suppress this display. System files are ok with sfc /scannow Thank you for your help 51950