Windows 10: reset the sound system without a reboot

Discus and support reset the sound system without a reboot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The troubleshooter can reset the sound system without a reboot.There must be a way to directly access the place that does the reset without having to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by wstewlYV, May 16, 2022.

1. wstewlYV Win User

reset the sound system without a reboot

The troubleshooter can reset the sound system without a reboot.There must be a way to directly access the place that does the reset without having to go thru the troubleshooter. Can anyone point directly to the place in the system that starts the reset?

:)

wstewlYV, May 16, 2022
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue reset the sound system without a reboot :p

cadaveca, May 16, 2022
  3. Sander496 Win User
    No sound after reboot in Windows 10

At some point my sound in windows disappeared. I can't be sure what caused it but I am sure it happened directly after a skype meeting(skype for business) where I used skype for the first time with my mic instead of my phone. After many hours of searching
    and trying the following:

• Sound troubleshooter in windows
    • Reinstalling the sound drivers
    • Using a clean boot where I disabled all non windows services and startup programs
    • Setting my sound system as the default.
    • Many google searches.

I finally discovered one way to get my sound to work which is the following procedure.

1. go to device manager
    2. right click my Realtek High Definition Audio, remove the device and all installed drivers.
    3. Reboot
    4. repeat step 2
    5. repeat step 3
    It baffles me why I have to remove my drivers twice. But finally my sound works. Only one problem. If I reboot again my sound is gone again and I have to go through above steps again to get to work once.

Please help, I tried everything I can think of or find on google.

Sander496, May 16, 2022
  4. reset the sound system without a reboot

Continual System Reboot

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt system files in the system.

So to diagnose whether there are no corruptions, we suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run inbuilt system maintenance troubleshooter and check if it works.
    Please follow the steps given below.

• Type Troubleshooting in search bar and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on System maintenance and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: We suggest you to perform clean boot and check if any third party apps are causing the issue.
    Placing the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue.

Please refer to the article below for steps to perform a clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot "to reset computer as usual.

Let us know the result.

Reymichael Ros, May 16, 2022
Thema:

reset the sound system without a reboot

1. reset the sound system without a reboot - Similar Threads - reset sound system

2. System sounds keep resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System sounds keep resetting: How do I disable system sounds?? Every time the internet disconnects, it restarts, etc., they get turned back on. I am NOT trying to turn off all sound notifications, just the Windows ones. This is extremely annoying and I can't find any posts with an actual answer....
  3. System sounds keep resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System sounds keep resetting: How do I disable system sounds?? Every time the internet disconnects, it restarts, etc., they get turned back on. I am NOT trying to turn off all sound notifications, just the Windows ones. This is extremely annoying and I can't find any posts with an actual answer....
  4. reset the sound system without a reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reset the sound system without a reboot: The troubleshooter can reset the sound system without a reboot.There must be a way to directly access the place that does the reset without having to go thru the troubleshooter. Can anyone point directly to the place in the system that starts the reset?...
  5. reset the sound system without a reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    reset the sound system without a reboot: The troubleshooter can reset the sound system without a reboot.There must be a way to directly access the place that does the reset without having to go thru the troubleshooter. Can anyone point directly to the place in the system that starts the reset?...
  6. System sound Auto-reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System sound Auto-reset: Dear allA week ago, I got my brand new XPS-17, i7 11th gen. top specs, windows pro10 64-bit. of course, despite the hefty premium price, it's far from perfect....One annoying issue is, System sound auto-reset. When i open the "Sound Mixer" dialogue, the System volume gets...
  7. System reboot without acknowledging

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System reboot without acknowledging: My PC had an unexpected reboot today. After checking the event log and analyzing the dump file, I found a software called TIM had a stack-based buffer overrun, which is a Tencent product. Is this software trying to get administrator privilege? Attached is the dump file:...
  8. Network crashes and cant be reset without system reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Network crashes and cant be reset without system reboot: It has happened twice where i just suddenly lose network connection, when i open up the wireless connection to reconnect i cant enable/disable network, there is no networks listed, even cabled network is not showing up. Cant even go to `Control Panel > Network and Internet >...
  9. System reboots without warning repeatedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System reboots without warning repeatedly: Hello! For the last month or so, I have had my system reboot without warning. The screens go black, the system goes quiet and then it starts as if I had just turned it on. I have Windows 10 Version 1909 KB4551762 installed, and think I'm updated on all my hardware and...
  10. System Reset No Reboot Device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Reset No Reboot Device: Otóż tak, w ostatnim czasie resetowałem całkowicie system podczas resetu wystąpił błąd więc skierowałem się do Microsoft Support powiedziano mi że trzeba ponownie zgrać system zrobiłem to i wszystko się udało, lecz gdy teraz próbuje odpalić system pojawia się błąd NO REBOOT...