Windows 10: Reset the Windows 10 Theme

Discus and support Reset the Windows 10 Theme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The latest update has changed the look and feel of my tool bar, apps, screen etc. How can I change the look and feel/theme/colours back to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JMUK, Aug 19, 2019.

1. JMUK Win User

Reset the Windows 10 Theme

The latest update has changed the look and feel of my tool bar, apps, screen etc.

How can I change the look and feel/theme/colours back to the default Windows 10?

:)

2. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - How to install themes

Hi Rykel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

What error do you receive while trying to download themes?

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the desktop screen and select
              Personalize.

• Select themes from the left side of the page.

• Next select Themes settings.

• Select Get more Themes online.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Reset the Windows 10 Theme

Dyslexia: is there a customisable theme for windows 10?

Hi Emma,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you with themes in Windows 10.

I suggest you to set the themes in Windows 10 to default and check if it helps.

Steps:

• From Desktop, right click and select Personalize.
    • In Personalization window, click on Themes
      in the left pane.
    • Click on Theme settings, select the Default themes
      and close the window.

If you are still not able to find suitable themes, I recommend you to use your favorite search engine to search for the suitable themes, download-install them and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Reset the Windows 10 Theme

1. Reset the Windows 10 Theme - Similar Threads - Reset Theme

2. How to reset background colours or themes - Turned Pink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset background colours or themes - Turned Pink: Hi,The background in Windows 11 has changed to pink, how can I reset this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-background-colours-or-themes-turned/fee7678e-f324-40f1-a517-38354598de17
  3. Why does my theme reset to custom dual-monitor setup upon reboot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my theme reset to custom dual-monitor setup upon reboot?: So I made a new theme for my dual-monitor setup and saved it RM. Nothing too fancy, just colors and wallpapers. But upon switching off the PC and starting it again, the current theme sets to "custom" and not my saved theme "RM". The "custom" theme settings are identical...
  4. Why does my theme reset to custom dual-monitor setup upon reboot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my theme reset to custom dual-monitor setup upon reboot?: So I made a new theme for my dual-monitor setup and saved it RM. Nothing too fancy, just colors and wallpapers. But upon switching off the PC and starting it again, the current theme sets to "custom" and not my saved theme "RM". The "custom" theme settings are identical...
  5. Alienware M15 R2 Laptop - Keeping My Keyboard's Personalized Color Themes After Factory Reset?

Alienware M15 R2 Laptop - Keeping My Keyboard's Personalized Color Themes After Factory Reset?: I've preformed a Factory Reset+Clean Drive+Fresh Windows 11 Installation. Yet every time I setup my laptop, whether it be LOCAL NOT signing into Microsoft Account or actually signing into Microsoft Account All syncing settings disabled. My Keyboard still remains untouched,...
  6. Alienware M15 R2 Laptop - Keeping My Keyboard's Personalized Color Themes After Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alienware M15 R2 Laptop - Keeping My Keyboard's Personalized Color Themes After Factory Reset?: I've preformed a Factory Reset+Clean Drive+Fresh Windows 11 Installation. Yet every time I setup my laptop, whether it be LOCAL NOT signing into Microsoft Account or actually signing into Microsoft Account All syncing settings disabled. My Keyboard still remains untouched,...
  7. How to reset touch keyboard theme?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset touch keyboard theme?: Hi, I use Auto Dark Mode app to change my Windows theme accordingly to current time. And before I played with new touch keyboard settings, my keyboard was following global Windows theme dark theme - dark keyboard and vice versaAnd since dark and light keyboard themes are...
  8. How to reset touch keyboard theme?

How to reset touch keyboard theme?: Hi, I use Auto Dark Mode app to change my Windows theme accordingly to current time. And before I played with new touch keyboard settings, my keyboard was following global Windows theme dark theme - dark keyboard and vice versaAnd since dark and light keyboard themes are...
  9. Theme/colour resets after reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Theme/colour resets after reboot: Hey, I've recently been having issues since updating to the latest version of windows where every time I turn my pc on the theme/colour resets. I like to have the colour set to dark mode as to not be blinded by a bright white screen whenever I use the computer but for some...
  10. Win 10 some UI elements 3rd party theme color resets to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 some UI elements 3rd party theme color resets to default: Hello, I have Win10 1909 and using 3rd party themes (black one). Recently I have found out that with applied 3rd party theme, some UI elements may lose their theme color after some time. I have searched for the culprit a long time and found it, everyone can reproduce this:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore windows 10 themes

2. reset desktop theme to windows default