Windows 10: Reset then reinstall Windows 10 from Windows 7 laptop without keys

Discus and support Reset then reinstall Windows 10 from Windows 7 laptop without keys in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a laptop that was a Windows 7 and is now running Windows 10. If I want to sell, it how do I erase it but still retain Windows 10 when I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by WilliamLazarte, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Reset then reinstall Windows 10 from Windows 7 laptop without keys

I have a laptop that was a Windows 7 and is now running Windows 10. If I want to sell, it how do I erase it but still retain Windows 10 when I do not have the activation key anymore?

:)

WilliamLazarte, Apr 20, 2021

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Reset then reinstall Windows 10 from Windows 7 laptop without keys

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Your ild keys should work but if you registered the key to your online ms persona (email address) it should be tied to your account , install without a key login with your credentials , then activate.

theoneandonlymrk, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Reset then reinstall Windows 10 from Windows 7 laptop without keys

1. Reset then reinstall Windows 10 from Windows 7 laptop without keys - Similar Threads - Reset reinstall laptop

2. Reinstall Windows 10 with product key Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows 10 with product key Windows 7: Hello,I want to upgrade my storage capicity. But I only have 1 M.2 slot. So I need to do a reinstall from a USB stick. But my Windows product key is from Windows 7, but on my PC Windows 10 is installed because you could get a free upgrade to windows 10 five years ago. So if I...
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 with product key Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Windows 10 with product key Windows 7: Hello,I want to upgrade my storage capicity. But I only have 1 M.2 slot. So I need to do a reinstall from a USB stick. But my Windows product key is from Windows 7, but on my PC Windows 10 is installed because you could get a free upgrade to windows 10 five years ago. So if I...
  4. Reinstall Windows 10 with product key Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reset Windows 10 laptop without recovery key

Reset Windows 10 laptop without recovery key: An employee was let go at our work. I need to reset their PC but they used Bitlocker. I do not have their recovery key or password to their account. I am trying to fully reset this PC, but Bitlocker will not let me continue. Is there a way to reset this PC and delete their...
  6. Reset Windows 10 laptop without recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Windows 10 laptop without recovery key: An employee was let go at our work. I need to reset their PC but they used Bitlocker. I do not have their recovery key or password to their account. I am trying to fully reset this PC, but Bitlocker will not let me continue. Is there a way to reset this PC and delete their...
  7. Reset Windows 10 laptop without recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 7 Product Key on Windows 10 reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 7 Product Key on Windows 10 reinstall: hi i have an original Windows 7 product key and now running Windows 10 afterfree upgrade. i need to reinstall a clean copy of Windows 10 from USB. Do i use my Win 7 product key? Thanks...
  9. Reinstalling Windows 10 without a licence key

Reinstalling Windows 10 without a licence key: Hi, I have a 10 year old laptop which originally was running Windows Vista. Due to the manufacturer date of the laptop, I was entitled to the free upgrade to Windows 7, which I kept until the roll-out of the Windows 10 upgrade. When my laptop upgraded to Windows 10, I did...
  10. Reinstall Windows 10 from 7

Reinstall Windows 10 from 7: Originally Windows 7, updated to Windows 10 during free time period.I had Windows 10 Home. After my last reinstall Performed at least once per year), I was noting a periodic notice (very faint) in the lower right hand corner to “Activate Windows...” I checked to make sure it...