Windows 10: “Reset this PC” boot loop

Discus and support “Reset this PC” boot loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was attempting to reset my pc when i selected the option to reset but keep my personal files, which it asked me to log in for, however, the password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by longbooy, Aug 16, 2019.

1. longbooy Win User

“Reset this PC” boot loop

I was attempting to reset my pc when i selected the option to reset but keep my personal files, which it asked me to log in for, however, the password saved on the PC was corrupted or something of the sort, as when i type my password for my microsoft account (which i know is correct because i tested it by logging in on my phone) it says its incorrect, there is an option for if i forget my password but when i click it the only option is to restart which takes me back to the same screen, i’ve tried booting into safe mode but it only takes me back to the same screen, as far as i know it is impossible to do anything about it. (Also it may be important to mention that this happened right after i tried to restart it once but was forced to restart my pc during the new windows installation, maybe the reset did something to my password, whatever it is i dont know).

:)

longbooy, Aug 16, 2019

2. win10 reset boot loop

Same issue here that reboot loop at 64%. See suggestions here: Boot Loop after Reset on Windows 10

ChandriaNicole, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Factory Reset Infinite Boot Loop

Hello,

As you are facing issue with Boot loop, I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps provided below:

• Go to the Microsoft software download website and create Windows 10
      installation media.
    • Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot>Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.

After the repair is complete, check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 16, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

1. “Reset this PC” boot loop - Similar Threads - “Reset PC” boot

2. Boot loop after factory reset gigabyte pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot loop after factory reset gigabyte pc: when i resetted my pc yesterday it was doing everything but then it kept restarting for hours doing absolutly nothing could someone maybe give me answers on how to fix it.when i start it i cant get into the bios or anything.please help!...
  3. Boot loop after factory reset gigabyte pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot loop after factory reset gigabyte pc: when i resetted my pc yesterday it was doing everything but then it kept restarting for hours doing absolutly nothing could someone maybe give me answers on how to fix it.when i start it i cant get into the bios or anything.please help!...
  4. Boot loop after factory reset gigabyte pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pc boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc boot loop: My pc is boot looping I tried to enter recovery and safe mode but those tries didn't work it will freeze on a screen that says preparing or that windows installation failed to install click okay but it wont let me click anything at all after a few seconds the screen goes...
  6. Pc boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc boot loop: My pc is boot looping I tried to enter recovery and safe mode but those tries didn't work it will freeze on a screen that says preparing or that windows installation failed to install click okay but it wont let me click anything at all after a few seconds the screen goes...
  7. Cannot reset pc, caught in boot/crash loop

Cannot reset pc, caught in boot/crash loop: Hi! I had an unusual problem occur today. Whilst playing a game on steam, my computer blue screened. It came up with the error message - critical process died. Since then, i have been unable to do anything. I can still boot the computer in safe mode but it soon...
  8. PC Boot Loop after reset

PC Boot Loop after reset: I was trying to reset my pc and it reset and was doing its disc check for the boot drive. After that, the pc boot logo spun for a few seconds, froze then restarted, and did the same thing. All night I was trying to install windows via USB and it read it and went to the...
  9. Boot Loop after Reset PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Loop after Reset PC: My laptop, a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 bought in March 2020, is stuck in a boot loop where the Microsoft logo appears, followed by the loading spinning dots, then it cuts to black and the entire process repeats. All I did was reset my pc and it went smoothly until after...
  10. BSOD Loop, can't boot or reset pc

BSOD Loop, can't boot or reset pc: Hi, For a few days now my PC has been stuck in repair loops and various blue screen errors. Any help would be much appreciated!! I've been through the community and tried various fixes and checks but no luck so far. I think the problem is a recently installed software...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Reset pc loop in booting