Windows 10: “Reset this PC” boot loop

Discus and support “Reset this PC” boot loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was attempting to reset my pc when i selected the option to reset but keep my personal files, which it asked me to log in for, however, the password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by longbooy, Aug 16, 2019.

1. longbooy Win User

“Reset this PC” boot loop

I was attempting to reset my pc when i selected the option to reset but keep my personal files, which it asked me to log in for, however, the password saved on the PC was corrupted or something of the sort, as when i type my password for my microsoft account (which i know is correct because i tested it by logging in on my phone) it says its incorrect, there is an option for if i forget my password but when i click it the only option is to restart which takes me back to the same screen, i’ve tried booting into safe mode but it only takes me back to the same screen, as far as i know it is impossible to do anything about it. (Also it may be important to mention that this happened right after i tried to restart it once but was forced to restart my pc during the new windows installation, maybe the reset did something to my password, whatever it is i dont know).

:)

longbooy, Aug 16, 2019

2. win10 reset boot loop

Same issue here that reboot loop at 64%. See suggestions here: Boot Loop after Reset on Windows 10

ChandriaNicole, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Factory Reset Infinite Boot Loop

Hello,

As you are facing issue with Boot loop, I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps provided below:

• Go to the Microsoft software download website and create Windows 10
      installation media.
    • Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot>Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.

After the repair is complete, check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 16, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

1. “Reset this PC” boot loop - Similar Threads - “Reset PC” boot

2. Loop after PC Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loop after PC Reset: I had just reset my pc, completely removing all accounts and files. I slept during the process of it installing Windows and I woke up to the screen of Hi there but my mouse pad wasn't working so I had to force restart my laptop by holding the power button. I opened it up...
  3. Recovery / Reset this PC / Stuck in a loop

Recovery / Reset this PC / Stuck in a loop: I bought this computer last week, and I screwed up my carbonite restore (I agreed to the default, which pointed it at the boot drive rather than the data drive) and so I decided to reset the computer to defaults and start over. So I went to Recovery and then Reset this PC,...
  4. Recovery / Reset this PC / Stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery / Reset this PC / Stuck in a loop: I bought this computer last week, and I screwed up my carbonite restore (I agreed to the default, which pointed it at the boot drive rather than the data drive) and so I decided to reset the computer to defaults and start over. So I went to Recovery and then Reset this PC,...
  5. Neverending loop of booting after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Neverending loop of booting after reset: Disclaimer: I'm not sure if it's linked to the problem, but I reset my laptop because of various BSODs I got while using it. I tried to fix these issues, but after updating drivers, scanning, reapiring and so on, just new problems popped up and I was so frustrated, I decided...
  6. Unable to boot into the PC: Stuck at boot loop

Unable to boot into the PC: Stuck at boot loop: I searched half of the internet and had everything i couldn't fix that can be done on others computer but not mines because mines don't even have the file or every option doesn't work at all. I have tried everything and to the point of giving up, I've tried the recovery usb...
  7. Windows 10 reset pc in a loop

Windows 10 reset pc in a loop: The reset (delete apps, files etc) was presumably almost complete (it had been running for just over an hour). I got the screen asking me for country, language, keyboard layout and timezone. It then said "Why did my PC restart? .. There's a problem that's preventing us from...
  8. Endless boot loop after reset

Endless boot loop after reset: Ok so basically, after successfully installing windows 10 from windows 7, I decided to clean my hard drive and reset windows because I deleted my "edge" and thus my apps were not working. The problem then started, the reset went fine until it reached 64% and read "configuring...
  9. Boot Loop after Windows 10 Reset

Boot Loop after Windows 10 Reset: Hi guys, I've created an another disk partition and copy the files I don' want to lose. Then using the Windows' Reset thing, I chose complete reset. (I don't know it's name is exactly complete reset, I use windows in another language, but I guess you got what i meant). And I...
  10. Diagnosing your PC loop and Resetting this PC loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Diagnosing your PC loop and Resetting this PC loop: My computer froze and I restarted it. After it turned off and started back up, it didn't boot into windows. At first it was giving me a message about inserting the boot media. I reset it again and loaded windows 10 and it went to a "Diagnosing your PC" loop where it would sit...