Windows 10: "Reset this pc" did not delete the file windows.old even when i chose to delete everything...

Discus and support "Reset this pc" did not delete the file windows.old even when i chose to delete everything... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Does this mean that resetting my pc was not successful or does this process delete everything besides that folder ? Also does this mean there may be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SammySaleh, Sep 4, 2018.

1. "Reset this pc" did not delete the file windows.old even when i chose to delete everything...

Does this mean that resetting my pc was not successful or does this process delete everything besides that folder ?

Also does this mean there may be some other things that my laptop may have not deleted some other things ? Or is it only this folder that is able to remain there without getting deleted ?

I am using Windows 10.

:)

SammySaleh, Sep 4, 2018
  2. M3cael Win User

Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Hey,

I'm trying to have some software read from a .text file a number (GPU Temp) but the software will only the first number in a list (Or the first anything)

Is there a way to have to log file delete the previous entries and write the new number in it's place without any headers?

EDIT:

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink "Reset this pc" did not delete the file windows.old even when i chose to delete everything... ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Sep 6, 2018
  4. xman2007 Win User

"Reset this pc" did not delete the file windows.old even when i chose to delete everything...

Cannot delete files in Temp

im quite sure none of them are spyware perflib perfdata is just a temp file created by windows (or maybe a program you have installed) ive had the same thing and after a while of googling found them to be harmless i think they will dissapear on there own or you can delete them when there no longer needed by the system, try a washer program and see if that gets rid of them, i used to use a trial version of window washer but havent used this in a while so dont know weather they still do a trial or wether it comes with any kind of spyware as its a trial. but a washing program usually cleans everything if its a good one.

also try booting into safemode as administrator and deleting the files.

xman2007, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

"Reset this pc" did not delete the file windows.old even when i chose to delete everything...

1. "Reset this pc" did not delete the file windows.old even when i chose to delete everything... - Similar Threads - Reset did delete

2. Why did my old files show up even when I chose to erase files and downloads when I reset my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my old files show up even when I chose to erase files and downloads when I reset my...: I reset my computer a few months ago because I was worried I had downloaded a virus. I reset my computer again today and chose to erase all files and downloads. I clicked "local reinstall. reinstall windows from this device". I also chose keep windows 10. when my computer...
  3. Why did my old files show up even when I chose to erase files and downloads when I reset my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my old files show up even when I chose to erase files and downloads when I reset my...: I reset my computer a few months ago because I was worried I had downloaded a virus. I reset my computer again today and chose to erase all files and downloads. I clicked "local reinstall. reinstall windows from this device". I also chose keep windows 10. when my computer...
  4. Why did my old files show up even when I chose to erase files and downloads when I reset my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC reset. Deleted everything. Can't finish installing Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC reset. Deleted everything. Can't finish installing Windows.: I had to reset my PC. I wiped away everything.Currently stuck on getting my PC ready. I'm stick in a loop with this:'Why did my PC restart?There's a problem that's preventing us from getting your PC ready but we think an update will help get things working'And then it...
  6. deleting old files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    deleting old files: hi, so long story short, i have a small ssd so i am trying to free up some storage space. i often use a program called WinDirStat that scans my ssd and tells me exactly what type of files take up space and where. i ran it, and ended up finding 4gb of ".help" files. i am not...
  7. “Reset PC without deleting files” but still deleted files.

“Reset PC without deleting files” but still deleted files.: I recently reset my PC without deleting files to resolve an issue i have been having with my keyboard. It not only did not resolve my issues, but it did not save my files either. Any possible ways to recover them? I have tried a few things but figured I would go here next....
  8. Deleting old files of windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting old files of windows: Should I delete the older files of windows 10 versions on my laptop or should I keep them? submitted by /u/cCrUzCc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbgexs/deleting_old_files_of_windows/
  9. I deleted my files when I did the PC reset

I deleted my files when I did the PC reset: Can I recover my files after permanently deleting my files (pictures, downloads, documents, etc. ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-deleted-my-files-when-i-did-the-pc-reset/0ad65e47-0f9f-4a05-94ca-5fd4abae66ee
  10. Deleting Windows Old Files

Deleting Windows Old Files: My Tablet just updated to Version 1803 Build 17134.81 As strange as it sounds, Windows Disk Cleanup says I have 11.5 GIGS! of "Old Windows Installation." Is this safe to delete/remove? 111537