Windows 10: Reset This PC doesnt clean install windows 10

Discus and support Reset This PC doesnt clean install windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I read that Reset This PC does a clean install of windows. I waited hours, and when it completed, I had the same loadout as before, with all the Asus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Johnnymushio, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Reset This PC doesnt clean install windows 10

I read that Reset This PC does a clean install of windows. I waited hours, and when it completed, I had the same loadout as before, with all the Asus bloatware.

So, I read Windows 10 doesn't need a recovery partition anymore. I figured since I had one, Reset This PC loaded from there.

I deleted the recovery partition, ran Reset This PC again, and I got the following error:

"Could not find the recovery environment"

So, I can never use reset this pc again? How can I make a new recovery partition, after I spend days manually researching whats needed and removing all the bloatware?

:)

Johnnymushio, Sep 12, 2015

2. How to: Perform a clean install using Reset this PC in Windows 10

I am planning to donate my laptop but need to factory reset it before I do. When I bought it, it had Windows 7, which I eventually updated to Windows 10. I have gone through all the steps mentioned above, opting to removed all the files on the PC. However,
    I keep getting an error (after a couple hours of resetting action) that it was unable to reset my computer. I have done this 3 times. Is there something I might be doing wrong, or another way to do this?

NicoleSpaeth, Sep 12, 2015
  3. How to: Perform a clean install using Reset this PC in Windows 10

This was useful information, and I would like to know a little more.

My PC has been very unstable and I have failed to identify the cause. Currently I am getting 13 critical events and 90 other "Errors" in 24 hours. I decided it was time to reinstall Windows 10. Or maybe use the reset described above. But will either of these
    really give me a clean start with Windows 10, or will I be in the same state I'm in today?

I first installed Windows 10 during the period for free upgrades from Windows 7.

Ronald McLaren, Sep 12, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Reset This PC doesnt clean install windows 10

NavyLCDR, Sep 12, 2015
  5. I don't have a recovery CD.

Why didn't Reset this PC put Windows 10 back to its "pristine" state?

6. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Sep 12, 2015
  7. The only way to clean install is with a USB drive?

8. Cliff S New Member

Or a DVD. Read the tutorial thoroughly thru and don't just scan(you could otherwise miss something important). Once you have an install media created, If can also be used for Repair Installs, running DISM through it, moving your user profile to a second internal disk if you have two and one is an SSD, and a few other things.

Cliff S, Sep 12, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Sep 12, 2015
  10. Why would deleting the recovering partition break Reset this PC? I thought Windows 10 had no need for a recovery partition.

11. Cliff S New Member
    There's a difference between a "recovery partition" and a "recovery image partition".

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reset This PC doesnt clean install windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset doesnt clean

2. Impossible to Reset PC/Clean Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impossible to Reset PC/Clean Install: I am going through every method to get the data off this computer so I can send it back for a refund but nothing is working. I am very frustrated. I have tried going through the reset options in settings and every time it says it was not able to so after trying that a couple...
  3. Impossible to Reset PC/Clean Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to Reset PC/Clean Install: I am going through every method to get the data off this computer so I can send it back for a refund but nothing is working. I am very frustrated. I have tried going through the reset options in settings and every time it says it was not able to so after trying that a couple...
  4. clean install of windows doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean install of windows doesnt work.: I used a bootable usb to reinstall windows as my windows had been corrupt. i booted my pc and selected the usb from the boot menu and it went onto the windows loading screen for a few second and now i am stuck on a full dark navy blue screen in which i can move my cursor....
  5. clean install of windows doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clean install of windows doesnt work.: I used a bootable usb to reinstall windows as my windows had been corrupt. i booted my pc and selected the usb from the boot menu and it went onto the windows loading screen for a few second and now i am stuck on a full dark navy blue screen in which i can move my cursor....
  6. clean install of windows doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Resetting PC doesnt work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting PC doesnt work: So im trying to factory reset an older alienware gaming computer, I go through all the right settings and when I initiate the reset, it says its restarting, then the screen goes away and doesnt come back, even though the pc is on, I force shut it down and turned it back on...
  8. Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed): Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-pccleaning-the-drive-where-windows-is/b634be9c-63bc-4b84-9f5a-72669e591573
  9. Windows 10 Clean install: There was a problem while resetting your PC

Windows 10 Clean install: There was a problem while resetting your PC: Hi there, I've been having some troubles with my laptop recently. I seems that my home WIFI router has been hacked and now I've some serious trouble. I tried to do a system restore, but that failed with the message "there was a problem resetting your pc no changes were...
  10. reset pc vs clean install win10

reset pc vs clean install win10: The reason I'm asking is because clicking the update and security in the windows settings brings up a page with different options where there is one for recovery. Clicking that recovery option opens another page with 3 options on the right - reset this pc; advanced start-up;...