Windows 10: 'Reset this PC' doesn't work

Discus and support 'Reset this PC' doesn't work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Professional. Since doing so I've had some annoying internet connectivity issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by richardsolomon, Feb 29, 2016.

1. 'Reset this PC' doesn't work

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Professional. Since doing so I've had some annoying internet connectivity issues (Windows Sockets entries missing) among other things. So I decided I'd try the recovered features. None of them work for me. I click on them and my mouse icon does the load symbol then nothing happens. Even if I shift click Restart on and try to initiate reset from there nothing happens.

:)

richardsolomon, Feb 29, 2016

2. 'Reset this PC' doesn't work.

Hi Beta Blooded,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

• Have you installed any third party security software/applications in Windows 10?

• Are you trying to create the installation media using
      USB flash drive or a DVD?
    I suggest you to disable third party applications / third party security software (if any installed) and check if it is cause to the issue.

THIRD PARTY LINK DISCLAIMER

Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved.
    Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Disable Antivirus:

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install
    other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

I suggest you to refer to the below article on how to install Windows 10 using media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool
    Windows 10 herunterladen

You may refer to the below help article for more information about recovery options in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 29, 2016
  3. 'Reset this PC' doesn't work.

Hi, about 2 months ago I got Windows 10 and it has been working fine until I hit a wall where I cannot installing Windows Update:

• Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081704) - Error 0x80070643

I have been googling for many hours trying to sort that issue but no fix has worked.

Now... I want to 'Reset this PC' and remove all files to have a clean installation that could get rid of any errors for me in the future. But... when I press 'Get started' to 'Reset this PC' I get nothing but a greyed out screen like you would when you have
    a prompt (e.g. Run as administrator prompt) but that's all I get, not even a single pop-up.

I have tried installing via Download Windows 10 as well, but when I run the .exe program of that it first went through the 100% and then closed doing nothing, and now all it says is something like "This tool cannot
    be used, close the tool, restart your PC and try again" which when I do that, nothing happens to fix it.

It'd be really nice to have some help on this if possible.

Thank you very much!

/Tom

betablooded, Feb 29, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

'Reset this PC' doesn't work

Hi richardsolomon,

You might consider doing a clean install at this point. A clean installation, over an upgrade, seems to resolve a host of different problems. The only issue might be whether or not your Win-10 has been activated. I'm unclear if you are able to still fully access your system, but if you can get to the 'System' (Start > Ctrl Panel> System), take a look at see if it shows if it's been activated.
    Windows 10 - Clean Install

If it's not showing that has been, then you might see if you can find the Win-7 keycode. I'm not sure if this will be needed, and perhaps somebody will post some additional, but you might need to use that for the clean install. (I'm still unclear as to exactly when the keys are needed and when they are not)

'Reset this PC' doesn't work [​IMG]

5. Thanks b1rd,

I'll do a clean install.

richardsolomon, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

'Reset this PC' doesn't work

1. 'Reset this PC' doesn't work - Similar Threads - 'Reset PC' doesn't

2. Laptop Doesn't Allow for resetting PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Doesn't Allow for resetting PC: We have a new laptop I'm trying to wipe to set up for another user but for some reason I can't get to the home screen.The laptop loads up and says to input a bitlocker password which we don't have, I have checked the associated laptop on Azure and it doesn't have one. When I...
  3. Laptop Doesn't Allow for resetting PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Doesn't Allow for resetting PC: We have a new laptop I'm trying to wipe to set up for another user but for some reason I can't get to the home screen.The laptop loads up and says to input a bitlocker password which we don't have, I have checked the associated laptop on Azure and it doesn't have one. When I...
  4. Laptop doesn't allow Reset PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop doesn't allow Reset PC: Hi there Community!My friend asked me why their Acer nettop is slow, not allowing to make Updates or can't be resetted. I've watched thair manipulations and found that out of their 30Gb HDD there was a few Mb free. I suggested them perform Disk Clean-Up, Uninstall unused Apps...
  5. Laptop doesn't allow Reset PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop doesn't allow Reset PC: Hi there Community!My friend asked me why their Acer nettop is slow, not allowing to make Updates or can't be resetted. I've watched thair manipulations and found that out of their 30Gb HDD there was a few Mb free. I suggested them perform Disk Clean-Up, Uninstall unused Apps...
  6. Resetting this PC doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resetting this PC doesn't work: Hi, i tried resetting my computer within the "Recovery" tab and it didn't work, a message came up" couldn't reset this pc, no changes were made" I tried cmd command "enable/disable agentc/" it got me to 50% and then the same error came up, any tips? I have my Windows 10 usb...
  7. Factory reset doesn't work there was a problem resetting your PC

Factory reset doesn't work there was a problem resetting your PC: Hello, Yesterday I have been trying to fix a problem I still have on the Uplay client. I have been told by google searches that one of the fixes for this problem is to reset the hosts file I have massed up there I changed the hosts file to a .txt file and I can't put it...
  8. Resetting PC doesn't work, shows error.

Resetting PC doesn't work, shows error.: So I watching YouTube videos when Windows 10 decided to UNINSTALL THE SOUND DRIVER. I wanted to watch How it's made sushi. So I tried restarting it and it didn't work. So I tried Resetting my PC with keeping all of my files, it rebooted and I see this screen "Resetting this...
  9. Reset this PC option doesn't start

Reset this PC option doesn't start: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 on both my machines. My labtop has handled this fine, but my desktop computer has been very buggy since the beginning. For instance, the start menu will sometimes simply not work, requiring a restart, Skype and occasionally Explorer will stop...
  10. "This PC" doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    "This PC" doesn't work: I'm brand new to Win 10 and I find a number of things that don't seem to work. I need to look at lots of files to organize my PC under Win 10. To do so, I have to be able to look at lots of places. When I first started there was an icon called "This PC" which gave me...