Windows 10: Reset this PC, family user profiles

Discus and support Reset this PC, family user profiles in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have windows 10 set up with a family account that includes 4 members all of which have an account on our PC, I need to do a fresh install with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nintendethan, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Reset this PC, family user profiles

So I have windows 10 set up with a family account that includes 4 members all of which have an account on our PC, I need to do a fresh install with the "reset this PC" option with "keep my files" option from an installation drive and I was wondering whether this would remove all the family accounts or if it would keep them and their files as well.

submitted by /u/nintendethan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nintendethan, Aug 10, 2020

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Delete User Profile in Windows 10

I'm the first to reply! This tutorial could be a useful fix for the problem of corrupted user profiles.

I have a challenging query. I upgraded my desktop PC to the AU yesterday and can't configure OneDrive in my main user account - see OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade. I strongly suspect the problem may be due to a problem with the user profile since I can configure OneDrive in all other accounts.

I'm wondering if I can use the method in this tutorial to reset the profile? What will I need to configure? I don't understand Step 2 of Option 2 above. Doesn't doing that delete all the user data files and program configuration data in Appdata?

I had another problem with a corrupted default user profile after the AU and had to copy a working default user profile - see https://www.tenforums.com/user-accou...r-profile.html Am I safe to reset the user profile using the default user profile I copied from my laptop or should I restore the default user profile using another method before using the reset method in this tutorial?

Steve C, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Reset this PC, family user profiles

new account and The User Profile Service failed the sign in ; user profile cannot be loaded

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Login to the Administrator account.
    • Press Windows key + R, type netplwiz and press Enter.
    • Select the Local account.
    • Click on Reset Password.
    • Change the password and Click on OK.

If the issue still persists, delete the account by following the steps provided below:

• Logon to the Administrator account.
    • Navigate to Start>>Settings>>Accounts>>Family and other users.
    • In the right pane, click on the Local account and select Remove.

After the account is deleted, create another Local account and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Reset this PC, family user profiles

1. Reset this PC, family user profiles - Similar Threads - Reset family user

2. After resetting my PC ”User profile cannot be loaded”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After resetting my PC ”User profile cannot be loaded”: Hi, I’ve been having a problem after resetting my PC which is that the User Profile Service fails to let me sign in. I tried resetting my PC again and it had no effect. Whenever I try to start my PC in safemode it does let me log inalthough it takes 5-10 min and then my...
  3. After resetting my PC ”User profile cannot be loaded”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After resetting my PC ”User profile cannot be loaded”: Hi, I’ve been having a problem after resetting my PC which is that the User Profile Service fails to let me sign in. I tried resetting my PC again and it had no effect. Whenever I try to start my PC in safemode it does let me log inalthough it takes 5-10 min and then my...
  4. After resetting my PC ”User profile cannot be loaded”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need to reset user profile to none to sell PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to reset user profile to none to sell PC: Hi, Have Win 10 22H2 Build 19045.2251 Feature 120.2212.4180.0 on Dell T3600 Precision Desktop. Have installed from Media Tool.exe but had to create new user with name , email address etc. I am selling this so don't need my details on it. I have read a few tutorials etc., but...
  6. Need to reset user profile to none to sell PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to reset user profile to none to sell PC: Hi, Have Win 10 22H2 Build 19045.2251 Feature 120.2212.4180.0 on Dell T3600 Precision Desktop. Have installed from Media Tool.exe but had to create new user with name , email address etc. I am selling this so don't need my details on it. I have read a few tutorials etc., but...
  7. Need to reset user profile to none to sell PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Setting up a user profile for a family member.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up a user profile for a family member.: I want to set up a separate login account for my spouse on a new Windows Home computer. I am the Administrator. My spouse is not very technical. At one time it was possible to set up a guest profile for a user that could even have different apps. I can't find anything in...
  9. How do I reset my pc with a standard user profile?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I reset my pc with a standard user profile?: So I accidentally made my profile into a standard user with netplwiz and now there is no admin account. Is there a way to reset my pc so it would start like it's brand new or maybe restore my user account into an admin? submitted by /u/pyromainwm1 [link] [comments]...
  10. User Profile Reset randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Profile Reset randomly: Hi User profile get reset automatically and the profile settings is deleted so when ever user log in next time it creates a new profile Note: It is not a temporary profile whenever it get reset, it happen randomly so not sure what is causing the issue. please see the...