Windows 10: Reset this PC got stuck in the middle

Discus and support Reset this PC got stuck in the middle in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have downloaded & installed drivers from web. And restarted my laptop. Since Restating takes several hours. I decided to reset my PC in recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mugilan_19, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Reset this PC got stuck in the middle

I have downloaded & installed drivers from web. And restarted my laptop.

Since Restating takes several hours. I decided to reset my PC in recovery options.

It has been nearly 4 hours still window is showing "preparing " screen.

So done force restart...now system is unable restart. Even advanced options are not showing.

Error now I'm getting while performing restart is "

INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE "

:)

mugilan_19, Mar 31, 2020

2. Reset This PC stuck on 8%

Hello Matthew,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Reset stuck at certain percentage. We will certainly help you.

Can you let us know why exactly are you trying to perform Reset of Pc?

As you system is stuck, we suggest you to hard reboot and then try performing reset again and check if the same issue occurs. If the same issue persists, then we suggest you to perform reset using Installation disk.

I would suggest you to download an ISO image of Windows 10 and try to create installation media using the Media Creation tool.

Download Windows 10

Installation Media tool:

Windows 10 herunterladen

Follow the steps mentioned below to perform Reset of PC:

a. Insert the installation DVD or
    USB
    and boot Windows 10 from it.

b. Select “Troubleshooting” from the first Window and then select “Reset this PC”.

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 stuck at resetting this pc 1%

Hi Emmarienelle,

Resetting Windows 10 is an ideal solution for users to fix system problems or software compatibility issues. However, things might get complicated when your PC gets stuck or freeze while resetting. We recommend following these steps to resolve the issue:

• Fix Windows 10 fail to reset issue by hard booting PC and performing a clean reset:

• Press power key for 8-10 seconds to start a hard boot. Do this for three to four times.
    • Enter Windows 10 Automatic repair options.
    • Try a clean reset from the Automatic repair options.

• Download Windows 10 ISO file and perform a clean install in your PC.

Let us know if you need any other help.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Reset this PC got stuck in the middle

Win 10 resetting this pc stuck at 8%

Hi,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• How are you trying to reset the pc?

• Have you backed up your data?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing in Windows 10?

As it has been stuck for a long time, suggest you to press and hold the power button to shut down the pc completely.

If you want to reset your pc, suggest you to refer to the section “Reset your PC” from this article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Note: Resetting lets you choose whether to keep your files or remove them, and then reinstalls Windows.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Reset this PC got stuck in the middle

1. Reset this PC got stuck in the middle - Similar Threads - Reset got stuck

2. Pc stuck resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck resetting: When I tried to reset my pc it’s stuck rebooting and I can’t get into safe mode, many different ways but I’m stuck on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-stuck-resetting/bbc1de83-7fa2-4ce7-a30c-205fdf2d0163
  3. Pc stuck resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc stuck resetting: When I tried to reset my pc it’s stuck rebooting and I can’t get into safe mode, many different ways but I’m stuck on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-stuck-resetting/bbc1de83-7fa2-4ce7-a30c-205fdf2d0163
  4. Wanted to reset my PC through the Recovery method and resetting everything but it got stuck...

Wanted to reset my PC through the Recovery method and resetting everything but it got stuck...: I wanted to reset my PC since I will be giving it to a friend for them to use, the PC was working properly before I initiated the recovery reset method. It's now stuck in this logo with a Please Wait below it. I've been waiting for a few hours now and no progress has changed,...
  5. Pc reset got stuck at 88 %

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc reset got stuck at 88 %: my pc reset is stuck at 88% in the windows installation portion for the last 5 hours and it's still not happening i have things to do in the laptop my pc specs is 1tb hhd 8 gb ram 7th gen i5. Pls help ....i request...
  6. Pc reset got stuck at 88 %

Pc reset got stuck at 88 %: my pc reset is stuck at 88% in the windows installation portion for the last 5 hours and it's still not happening i have things to do in the laptop my pc specs is 1tb hhd 8 gb ram 7th gen i5. Pls help ....i request...
  7. Pc reset got stuck at 88 %

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows stuck for 3 hours in the middle of a network reset!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck for 3 hours in the middle of a network reset!!!: I wanted to reset the network settings because i was having problems with the connection. And now it is stuck on this screen for more than 3 hours. It was supposed to be no more than 20 minutes, according to others' experience. I am requesting help on further steps, thank...
  9. My factory reset on my PC got stuck at 48%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My factory reset on my PC got stuck at 48%: What should I do? I am sxared ri turk it off as it might corrupt something. The computer has some awful spets so that might be the issue? submitted by /u/Nojus1221 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mjdtdm/my_factory_reset_on_my_pc_got_stuck_at_48/
  10. Pc got stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc got stuck: My pc got stuck, actually it was affect with virus first, many progu got installed n error message came in 100 . Then i factory image reset my pc . Then i started with yhe setup of Cortana n os setup. Suddenly it got stuck then i restarted my pc (force restart) .then it cam...