Windows 10: " Reset this PC " option doubt.

Discus and support " Reset this PC " option doubt. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i want to use the 'reset this PC ' on windows 10 and after i click remove everything option it asks 2 more options where one is "remove the files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ANANTHSUNDARAM, Jun 22, 2020.

1. " Reset this PC " option doubt.

i want to use the 'reset this PC ' on windows 10 and after i click remove everything option it asks 2 more options where one is "remove the files and clean the drive".. so can someone tell me will i loose my windows 10 activation or will i have to reinstall windows .. please explain in little detail.

:)

ANANTHSUNDARAM, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

No "Reset This PC" option

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• Where exactly are you looking for the Reset this PC option?
    • Were you able to successfully clone the drive?
    • Could you please provide more clarity on, “On original hard disk the WinRE recovery partition was last partition. On new hard disk that partition had moved to first position”?
    • Were you able to get the Reset this PC option by following the steps mentioned in the article provided by you?

If you wish to reset the PC, there are multiple ways to do it. You may want to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Reset or reinstall Windows 10

However, please reply with the details requested above to help you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jun 22, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

" Reset this PC " option doubt.

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

" Reset this PC " option doubt.

1. " Reset this PC " option doubt. - Similar Threads - Reset option doubt

2. Format - No option to reset this pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Format - No option to reset this pc: I'm looking to format two work machines as users have left and we don't have their passwords and want the machines to be ready for new starters.Upon start-up into advanced options we only have access to:Start up repairUEFI firmware settingsCommand PromptSystem Restore don't...
  3. Format - No option to reset this pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Format - No option to reset this pc: I'm looking to format two work machines as users have left and we don't have their passwords and want the machines to be ready for new starters.Upon start-up into advanced options we only have access to:Start up repairUEFI firmware settingsCommand PromptSystem Restore don't...
  4. Doubts Regarding Installation of Optional Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Doubts Regarding Installation of Optional Driver Updates: Hello, My Laptop is HP Pavilion-15cc132tx Window 10 Home Version 20H2,I have confusion regarding installation of Necessary drivers out of the Optional Drivers Updates.Can anyone please help me to choose which drivers to download and install out of given list below?...
  5. Doubt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Doubt: I would like to upgrade my PC to make it work faster and cleaner, what is the fastest way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doubt/5cdaa55f-9428-4dbf-b817-99e912c72fe3
  6. Doubt about factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Doubt about factory reset: I was planning to sell my laptop, and preparing it for, if i made a factory reset there is a way to the person who will buy it see the last time it was logged? And there is a chance of my data stay on the ssd ? submitted by /u/Hotsaucebr [link] [comments]...
  7. What is reset this PC option?????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is reset this PC option?????: My desktop PC has pre-installed os as windows xp. After that I installed windows 7 genuine. With that product key, I upgraded it to windows 10 now. Now it is running windows 10 pro. But, now it is not working well. So I wish to reset my desktop PC. I wish to...
  8. No "Reset This PC" option

No "Reset This PC" option: Reset this PC option missing after replacing hard disk with a Samsung SSD and using Samsung Data Migration software to clone the existing drive. Analysis: using Control Panel -> Computer Management -> Disk Management On original hard disk the WinRE recovery partition was...
  9. Missing reset this pc option

in Cortana
    Missing reset this pc option: Hi, i have problem with my local windows 10 password. I updated my windows 10 and changed the password . I forget it now. I dont get the option of reset this pc into safe mode after selecting troubleshoot option. It shows another options like UEFi settings and startup...
  10. Question on "Reset this PC" option.

Question on "Reset this PC" option.: If I use the "Reset this PC" option, will it create a clean registry or will it contain old leftover data? I will use the remove all file/data option. 104987