Windows 10: "Reset this PC" option missing on Recovery menu

Discus and support "Reset this PC" option missing on Recovery menu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have reset several Lenovo T480 laptops for my organization using the option below: [ATTACH] This screenshot came from a laptop running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Place Holder [12], Apr 29, 2019.

1. "Reset this PC" option missing on Recovery menu

Hello,

I have reset several Lenovo T480 laptops for my organization using the option below:

"Reset this PC" option missing on Recovery menu 0d44ba8a-34ed-438c-879f-5f0857648bf7?upload=true.png

This screenshot came from a laptop running Windows 17763.437

When I go to the laptop I'm trying to reset I only have the following in the menu:

"Reset this PC" option missing on Recovery menu 0ac0458f-0712-41b7-a97e-6461b1185753?upload=true.png

This laptop has Windows version 17134.753, which from what I understand is not the latest. I have run updates and rebooted a few times and there are no more available updates.

How can I get his menu option back or is there another process for resetting the PC in the same fashion as the menu option?

:)

Place Holder [12], Apr 29, 2019

2. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Reset this PC option missing.

In this case, since the Reset this PC option is missing, we suggest that you perform a custom installation in Windows 10 using your USB media. To do this, we recommend that you follow the steps provided
    in this
    article
    created by Andre Da Costa . This contains information, including the step-by-step instruction on how to perform a custom installation in Windows 10.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Apr 29, 2019
  4. "Reset this PC" option missing on Recovery menu

Could not find recovery enviroment, Windows RE Image not found, missing troubleshoot options

Hi,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under Use a recovery drive to
    restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/12415/...

Let me know if that helps.

Kind Regards,

Engr. Jamshed Muhammad

JamshedMuhammad Khan, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

"Reset this PC" option missing on Recovery menu

1. "Reset this PC" option missing on Recovery menu - Similar Threads - Reset option missing

2. "Reset this PC" option missing on Recovery menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Reset this PC" option missing on Recovery menu: After a clean install of windows 11 in my Asus laptop there is no reset this pc option in the advanced start upRecovery Menu. Usually there would be two options inside the troubleshoot menu of the advanced start up. But now there is only one , the "reset this pc" option is...
  3. "Reset this PC" option missing on Recovery menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Reset this PC" option missing on Recovery menu: After a clean install of windows 11 in my Asus laptop there is no reset this pc option in the advanced start upRecovery Menu. Usually there would be two options inside the troubleshoot menu of the advanced start up. But now there is only one , the "reset this pc" option is...
  4. Reset and recovery options missing from recovery troubleshoot menu & USB recovery not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset and recovery options missing from recovery troubleshoot menu & USB recovery not...: My laptop randomly stopped working. Blue screen, says critical process died. I've tried probably every troubleshoot I could find searching Google. All options on the recovery troubleshoot menu. Startup repair, uninstall updates, system restore, etc, none of that works....
  5. Reset and recovery options missing from recovery troubleshoot menu & USB recovery not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset and recovery options missing from recovery troubleshoot menu & USB recovery not...: My laptop randomly stopped working. Blue screen, says critical process died. I've tried probably every troubleshoot I could find searching Google. All options on the recovery troubleshoot menu. Startup repair, uninstall updates, system restore, etc, none of that works....
  6. Reset and recovery options missing from recovery troubleshoot menu & USB recovery not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. No option to Reset PC Recovery drive Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to Reset PC Recovery drive Boot: I am using Windows 8.1 on broken laptop. I have successfully created a USB recovery drive using another laptop. I manage to load OS from USB on broken laptop. It asks for my keyboard settings. I click English. I then click Troubleshoot. It takes me to Advanced options. None...
  8. Missing reset this pc option

in Cortana
    Missing reset this pc option: Hi, i have problem with my local windows 10 password. I updated my windows 10 and changed the password . I forget it now. I dont get the option of reset this pc into safe mode after selecting troubleshoot option. It shows another options like UEFi settings and startup...
  9. Missing Menu Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Menu Options: I have having difficulties connecting a xbox one controller to my windows PC. I have spent a long amount of time determining that it is not a controller but a PC issue. During my call with tech support one suggested step was to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter,...
  10. Need to reset PC, missing options.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to reset PC, missing options.: As the title suggests I need help resetting my computer to factory settings. However, the only options I have are "UEFI Firmware Settings" and "Startup Settings". If anyone knows how to fix my problem it would be much appreciated. 105648

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset this pc option missing

2. reset pc not an option

3. reset this pc missing from boot

4. reset option missing in recovery in windows