Windows 10: Reset this PC - Remove everything vs clean install

Discus and support Reset this PC - Remove everything vs clean install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, can someone explain me the differences between the "Reset this PC - Remove everything" function and a Windows 10 clean install? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/espositodnl86, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Reset this PC - Remove everything vs clean install

Hi,

can someone explain me the differences between the "Reset this PC - Remove everything" function and a Windows 10 clean install?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/espositodnl86
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/espositodnl86, Mar 28, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Mar 28, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

Reset this PC - Remove everything vs clean install

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Reset this PC - Remove everything vs clean install

1. Reset this PC - Remove everything vs clean install - Similar Threads - Reset Remove everything

2. If i choose "Clean the drive" after choosing "Remove everything" in "Reset this PC" will it...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If i choose "Clean the drive" after choosing "Remove everything" in "Reset this PC" will it...: I want to reset my pc and clean out the C Drive without cleaning out my D & E drive. If i choose "Clean the drive" option after "Remove everything" will it delete files from the drives where windows is not installed, ie D & E drives? Please help me I just want my 2 external...
  3. Windows 10 Reset PC remove files vs fully clean drive on a SSD

Windows 10 Reset PC remove files vs fully clean drive on a SSD: Sorry if this had already been answered, I searched Google and this site and couldn't find an answer. I was gifted an old HP laptop that was upgraded to Windows 10 a long time ago (it also originally came with a HDD and was upgraded to a SSD) and I want to do a full reset so...
  4. Manual Clean vs Resetting PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Manual Clean vs Resetting PC?: Hello. So, I have a Dell Windows 10 (AMD a6) laptop which I've had ever since 2015. Despite all the junk on it (drawing programs, games, recording software, editing software, you name it) it still runs fairly well. That is, fairly well all things considered. I can have...
  5. CLEAN RESET Vs QUICK RESET??

CLEAN RESET Vs QUICK RESET??: MY Windows suddenly started behaving weird and so I went on to reset it. But there are 2 options Clean Reset Vs Quick Reset. I know that Clean reset is more secure and i also don't want to restore my data in future. So is there any need to opt for it. I mean will there be...
  6. CLEAN RESET Vs QUICK RESET??

CLEAN RESET Vs QUICK RESET??: MY Windows suddenly started behaving weird and so I went on to reset it. But there are 2 options Clean Reset Vs Quick Reset. I know that Clean reset is more secure and i also don't want to restore my data in future. So is there any need to opt for it. I mean will there be...
  7. Is Reset this PC-'Remove Everything' option do the same with clean installation through usb...

Is Reset this PC-'Remove Everything' option do the same with clean installation through usb...: Well, I was minding my own business on my laptop. But suddenly the color(you know the thing on (Personalization-Color)) has changed. And I didn't do anything about that. I got scared as hell so I ran for 'Remove Everything' option. But still I'm not sure what exactly that...
  8. Windows 10 Fresh Start vs Reset vs Refresh vs Clean install

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Fresh Start vs Reset vs Refresh vs Clean install: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 Advanced Recovery option offers recovery solutions which can help you bring back Windows 10 to a working condition. These are extreme solutions when nothing else can be done. That said, before one uses one of these solutions, its [...] This post...
  9. Reset vs Clean Install?

Reset vs Clean Install?: I just upgraded my notebook from 8.1. Win 10 is activated. I did the upgrade by creating an ISO using MCT, expanding the files to a USB hdd, then running Setup. I would now like to do a clean reinstall. Since I do not have bootable external media for the notebook, I'm...
  10. reset pc vs clean install win10

reset pc vs clean install win10: The reason I'm asking is because clicking the update and security in the windows settings brings up a page with different options where there is one for recovery. Clicking that recovery option opens another page with 3 options on the right - reset this pc; advanced start-up;...