Windows 10: “Reset this PC” Windows 10 Install Errors - [C:\WINDOWS\Panther\unattend.xml] - Unable to...

Discus and support “Reset this PC” Windows 10 Install Errors - [C:\WINDOWS\Panther\unattend.xml] - Unable to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I used the “Reset this PC” function through Windows 10 on my laptop in order to improve processing speed, inability to run multiple programs decently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Christie Hilgert, Sep 12, 2019.

1. “Reset this PC” Windows 10 Install Errors - [C:\WINDOWS\Panther\unattend.xml] - Unable to...

I used the “Reset this PC” function through Windows 10 on my laptop in order to improve processing speed, inability to run multiple programs decently and overall buggy functioning across the laptop and charging function. I do believe some windows files had become corrupted which led me to this step today.

I was not watching the entire time but the laptop performed several resets while the process took place (like it should) and I saw the blue loading screen get to at least 89% complete. The next thing I noticed was the following error message:

Install Windows:

Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file [C:\WINDOWS\Panther\unattend.xml] for pass [auditUser]. The settings specified in the answer file cannot be applied. The error was detected while processing settings for component [Microsoft-Windows-Deployment].

Pressing “Ok” causes the laptop to restart and boot to the log in screen for “Administrator” but has a continuous loading circle underneath and no password entry option. After a few seconds it changes to a black screen with the following error message:

Install Windows:

Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation.

Pressing “Ok” here causes a repeat of the above “Administrator” log in cycle.

Laptop specs:

Dell Inspiron Laptop - from Best Buy

2017 - Intel i7-7500U Processor

Came with Windows 10 pre-installed

Internal SSD was replaced through Dell warranty a year ago

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to solve this issue and get Windows back on my laptop and functioning without the need to repurchase a key? I have geek squad protection through Best Buy would would really like to solve this immediately. If I can manage to keep my files great but it’s not the end of the world if I lose them since I backed the laptop up this morning.

PLEASE HELP! Thank you in advance! “Reset this PC” Windows 10 Install Errors - [C:\WINDOWS\Panther\unattend.xml] - Unable to... :)

:)

Christie Hilgert, Sep 12, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 12, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Sep 12, 2019
  4. “Reset this PC” Windows 10 Install Errors - [C:\WINDOWS\Panther\unattend.xml] - Unable to...

Unattend xml File....

hiiii

i would like to install windows via WDS Server. How To Create Unattend .XML File in Server 2012......

Regard

Mohit

Mohit Bahirat, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

“Reset this PC” Windows 10 Install Errors - [C:\WINDOWS\Panther\unattend.xml] - Unable to...

1. “Reset this PC” Windows 10 Install Errors - [C:\WINDOWS\Panther\unattend.xml] - Unable to... - Similar Threads - “Reset PC” Install

2. Unable to reset PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reset PC: Slowly but surely my laptop has been slowing down and doing unexpected things and in some cases not carrying out an action for no reason I'm aware of, so I finally bit the bullet and decided to reset the PC using the option to retain my files.After nearly 5 hours of preparing...
  3. Unable to Reset This PC using Cloud Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Reset This PC using Cloud Install: It's showing me this error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-reset-this-pc-using-cloud-install/cf1abe1f-73d4-4188-bf95-8a43805cc4e1
  4. Unable to Reset This PC using Cloud Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Reset This PC using Cloud Install: It's showing me this error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-reset-this-pc-using-cloud-install/cf1abe1f-73d4-4188-bf95-8a43805cc4e1
  5. Unable to Reset This PC using Cloud Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem: Hi guys, I have a problem with autounattend XML install. Basically, I have a Windows image that is downloaded from MS and edited to skip all steps for setup. The windows boots and wipe the hard drive created partitions, select language, and created one admin account with the...
  7. Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem: Hi guys, I have a problem with autounattend XML install. Basically, I have a Windows image that is downloaded from MS and edited to skip all steps for setup. The windows boots and wipe the hard drive created partitions, select language, and created one admin account with the...
  8. Unable to reset PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to reset PC: One day, I accidentally unplugged the power and the system files are corrupted. Tried DISM, SFC etc Still unable to recover. Now i would want to reset my whole PC, but I had tried this. After it rebooted, it was back to usual and said something like something prevented...
  9. Unable to update Windows 10 or reset PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update Windows 10 or reset PC: Error 0x800706ba 2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4493441) - Error 0x800706ba Hello, I've run into a problem where I'm unable to update windows or reset/refresh my PC. Every time I try to reset/refresh my PC, it fails and...
  10. xml error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    xml error: When doing a scan with free version of Spybot I get the message (in bold) below about file 180702-213610.xml. Has been on the 'cleaner' page for a few days. What is 180702-213610.xml? Is it a virus? Has it been cleaned based on note in green below? I use Webroot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c:\\windows\panther\unatended\xml.

2. panther parsing error on laptop