Windows 10: Reset This PC With Bitlocker On: what happens?

Discus and support Reset This PC With Bitlocker On: what happens? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For my work I need to probably reset a laptop that has bitlocker enabled bitlocker requested on boot. I find this impossible to believe but 40 mins of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mouyss, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Mouyss Win User

Reset This PC With Bitlocker On: what happens?

For my work I need to probably reset a laptop that has bitlocker enabled bitlocker requested on boot. I find this impossible to believe but 40 mins of searching the internet gave me no conclusive answers.

We have the code and the recovery key - but my question is can I simply Reset This PC with bitlocker still on? What will actually happen? Does bitlocker get removed? Does it stay? Can there be ANY issue at all leaving bitlocker on while resetting this pc?

thanks for the answers

Win10 PRO

:)

Mouyss, Jan 5, 2021
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jan 5, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

Can you take a screen shot of the bitlocker window?

Also, what happens when you highlight the drive in This PC and go to the Manage tab? There should be some bitlocker options there.

newtekie1, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Xylee Del, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Reset This PC With Bitlocker On: what happens? - Similar Threads - Reset Bitlocker happens

2. What is happening to my pc????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is happening to my pc????: Hi, for a while now things have been getting worse and worse. Ill start by listing few example of things that have happened.-task manager not working-applications beginning to not launch without a restart-task bar disappearing/freezing-settings no loading-both monitors go...
  3. Windows 11 Reset: What Happened?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Reset: What Happened?: Hello,This may be an odd question, but I'm hoping someone has a general answer:My Windows 11 laptop stopped charging yesterday, and due to prior experience I knew it would have to be brought to a repair shop. I had a few hours of battery life left so I did a factory reset...
  4. Windows 11 Reset: What Happened?

Windows 11 Reset: What Happened?: Hello,This may be an odd question, but I'm hoping someone has a general answer:My Windows 11 laptop stopped charging yesterday, and due to prior experience I knew it would have to be brought to a repair shop. I had a few hours of battery life left so I did a factory reset...
  5. What is happening with my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is happening with my PC: I have a windows 11 pc, custom built. Every time I try to play a game, mostly VALORANT, my monitor is losing signal but the PC is still on, yet I can't do anything. I have to force it to shut off. There is a period of time that I can still hear audio. I have the latest...
  6. What Happened to My Pc?

What Happened to My Pc?: So my pc just came today and i installed all the stuff needed like vscode,mingw and also tried to install a game Genshin Impact... While it was doenloading it suddenly made my pc restart, i was shocked then again i put it on download the same thing happens..I then later after...
  7. What happens if I reset my pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What happens if I reset my pc?: Will my softwares like ms office,Adobe Photoshop, Camtasia be deleted if I reset my pc? Please answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-if-i-reset-my-pc/4065ccf8-ed12-4419-8c34-766ff4db16e4
  8. What's happening to my PC during factory reset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's happening to my PC during factory reset?: Hey y'all, I have a regular Dell laptop using Windows 10 connected to a computer monitor. I initiated a factory reset, but I did it through Windows itself and not the bios. I clicked on Start, went to System Recovery, and launched the reset tool. I picked Fully Clean The...
  9. What is happening to my pc?!?!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is happening to my pc?!?!?: I have an i5 9400t, 2060 and 8gb ram but am not getting the fps i should plz help. submitted by /u/That_weird_TaPotato [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enhmpz/what_is_happening_to_my_pc/
  10. What is happening to my PC???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is happening to my PC???: Ever since yesterday my pc started getting random image distortions from time to time i though it was the monitor but when i used the screen capture tool it still got the distortion. I used malwarebytes to check my pc and it not detected anything weird what is happening to my...