Windows 10: Reset to factory settings

Discus and support Reset to factory settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I'm asking for help. I have an old Asus N53Sv running Windows 10 It was a window 7 and I updated it during the free window. So, it's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DaveBeBrave, May 13, 2020.

1. Reset to factory settings

Hello everyone! I'm asking for help.

I have an old Asus N53Sv running Windows 10 It was a window 7 and I updated it during the free window. So, it's a good machine, it never let me down l, I still edit videos in it. Recently I installed some new drivers and probably something goes wrong and it slowed down really bad. I tried to restore to a previous restore point but it failed to restore. So I'm considering the 'reset to factory settings' option. I read that you can choose to keep your file or delete it but I would like to know if this will restore the pc to Windows 7 or it will be still on Windows 10? If so, can I create a copy of my windows 10 and install it later?

Thank you.

submitted by /u/DaveBeBrave
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DaveBeBrave, May 13, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 13, 2020
  3. stanroy Win User
    Reset Acer Travelmate to factory settings

Hi all, I have an Acer Travelmate with Win10 (1607), I would like to save Win 10 to a stick, then reset the laptop back to factory settings and then reinstall Win10. There is no program on the laptop that requires saving. Any advice or suggestions, not to technical, would be very much appreciated, thanks Roy

stanroy, May 13, 2020
  4. Reset to factory settings

Reset to factory settings

No I love Windows 10.....but my computer was acting strange so I thought I would do a factory reset and put Windows 10 back onto my computer.

If I do create a bootable Windows 10 would I lose the recover drive information that comes with the computer?

Could you give me the steps to create a bootable of Windows 10.....I asked HP if there was anyway I could get Windows 10 put on it while they had it and they said no.

Thank you.

jeanniespc, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Reset to factory settings

1. Reset to factory settings - Similar Threads - Reset factory settings

2. Reset to factory settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset to factory settings.: Hi I ran into a problem yesterday I reset my laptop back to factory settings as it was going through the setup process it came to a screen and asked me to enter a email address that I do not have or have never used now I can't proceed any further and stuck at this screen if...
  3. Reset to factory settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset to factory settings.: Hi I ran into a problem yesterday I reset my laptop back to factory settings as it was going through the setup process it came to a screen and asked me to enter a email address that I do not have or have never used now I can't proceed any further and stuck at this screen if...
  4. Reset to factory settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Reset to Factory Settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset to Factory Settings: I need to move a computer from one microsoft account to another. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-to-factory-settings/9d1bdb74-f781-408f-9488-4aae2ddee3da
  6. reset to factory settings

reset to factory settings: Just got computer from family member. Trying to reset to factory settings to wipe out ALL info from previous owner. Any idea how to do that? Can't find option to do factory reset....
  7. Reset to factory settings

Reset to factory settings: I reset my toshiba laptop to factory reset, because I felt like my laptop has slowed down. And while resetting at 80% it shuts down by itself and never turned on so I did it manually, when I turned it on, it says the device has been reset but was not able to delete the files...
  8. reset to factory settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reset to factory settings: I'm attempting to reset my laptop (Lenova Thinkpad) to factory settings. I've gone through the Widows prompts and instructions to rest but keep getting an error that "something went wrong" and my computer/ windows can not reset- Any help? Thanks...
  9. Reset Factory Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset Factory Settings: I have a Primebook that I want to reset to factory settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/reset-factory-settings/86bcef12-4312-4d02-ac62-ba0aeadc413e
  10. Reset to factory settings

Reset to factory settings: Hi,. I have an HP Envy Phoenix with 1 Tb hard drive....64 bit. It was originally a Windows 7 computer that I upgraded to Windows 10. I decided to do a factory reset and set it to start Friday night andwhenI looked at it Saturday it was still going.....12 hours. I restarted...