Windows 10: Reset Touchpad Zoom

Discus and support Reset Touchpad Zoom in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there a way to reset zoom if I accidentally zoom in on my touchpad? I've learned that "ctrl 0" works, but only from within Firefox, for some reason.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JordanWhitworth, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Reset Touchpad Zoom

Is there a way to reset zoom if I accidentally zoom in on my touchpad? I've learned that "ctrl 0" works, but only from within Firefox, for some reason.

:)

JordanWhitworth, Nov 22, 2019

2. Tablet mode Scroll Often Zooms

Hi Mark,

Are you using the touchpad to scroll? Could it be that the Pinch Zoom feature is enabled? To check, follow these steps:

1. Press Start button on the keyboard, type Touchpad settings and select the top most search result.
    2. Scroll down until you find the Pinch to zoom option.
    3. Uncheck the box next to Pinch to zoom.
    4. Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Let me know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Nov 22, 2019
  3. torre Win User
    pinch zoom fixes do not work

I do not have a touchpad. I never said I did. But the posted solution indicates at this is the easy way to Disable Pinch Zoom. that is why I looked for a registry solution

Educate us on Gaming Laptops. They do not have a touchpad ?

Edit: Just saw post above. Looks like it does have touchpad. If so, try my suggestion in post #3 which should disable pinch zoom for the system.

torre, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Reset Touchpad Zoom

Windows 10 touchpad is zooming uncontrolably

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the delay in response.

It must be difficult when things do not work as expected.

I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it.

Follow these steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.

• In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.

• Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".

• In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

• In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes”
      option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Reset Touchpad Zoom

1. Reset Touchpad Zoom - Similar Threads - Reset Touchpad Zoom

2. scrolling and zooming with 2 fingers on touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scrolling and zooming with 2 fingers on touchpad: I was able to scroll and zoom with 2 fingers with the touchpad but then the touchpad stopped working completely so I uninstalled it but now I can't make any adjustments from touchpad settings, the touchpad works but I can't scroll and zoom with 2 fingers, how do I fix that?...
  3. Touchpad Pinch Zoom sensitivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad Pinch Zoom sensitivity: I am using a notebook with the precision touchpad driver. I like the settings of my touchpad regarding sensitivity, gestures, and scrolling. Everything is great. Except the pinch zoom. It's way too sensitive. Is there any way to change that? Thank you in advance! submitted...
  4. Using Pinch Zoom without touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using Pinch Zoom without touchpad: Hi, I like the pinch to zoom gesture of my Notebook's touchpad. But I'm missing the feature if I use my dockingstation in combination with an external mouse and keyboard (and screens). Often I want to pinch into websites on my screens attached to the docking station. But I...
  5. touchpad does not zoom in and out anymore

touchpad does not zoom in and out anymore: Hello I have alienware 17 i7 and the touchpad after an auto update of the driver, quit working like usual. Since i need the touchpad zoom in and out quite often this has become a necessity which i need to fix urgently, Dell dumb engineers are asking to format the entire...
  6. Disable touchpad zoom

Disable touchpad zoom: how do I disable ANNOYING touchpad zoom on windows 10 Elan touchpad? Previously posted instructions are not applicable. There is NO "device settings" tab in either additional mouse or touchpad option and thus, no "pinch zoom" option....
  7. how to disable zoom on my touchpad

how to disable zoom on my touchpad: how do I disable zoom on my touchpad? ty. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-zoom-on-my-touchpad/c877d472-5454-4c80-9a79-11981a5592bf
  8. How to lock zoom on touchpad?

How to lock zoom on touchpad?: How to lock touchpad zoom? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-lock-zoom-on-touchpad/9cb2ef88-3bcf-423a-abe4-aa39b52e0de5
  9. TouchPad reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    TouchPad reset: My laptop updated itself, and when it returned I had zero functionality from my smart touchpad. I used to be able to scroll and select items with finger commands, but that function is gone. I cannot scroll by even clicking the scroll bar and dragging. I can literally just...
  10. touchpad zoom causes keyboard problem

touchpad zoom causes keyboard problem: Sometimes while using edge or some other app, if I zoom through touchpad then instead of typing the letter I press, the shortcut associated with that letter gets selected. For example by pressing 'f' the 'file' menu opens up or with 'v' the 'view' menu opens. While on edge if...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trackpad zoom reset