Windows 10: Reset TPM keys

Discus and support Reset TPM keys in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After my latest update to windows 10, it shows that I need to reset my TPM keys, my issue is that I have a parallel version of Ubuntu running and right... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by aaayush_singh, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Reset TPM keys

After my latest update to windows 10, it shows that I need to reset my TPM keys, my issue is that I have a parallel version of Ubuntu running and right now, as of this moment I have UEFI secure boot enabled and both OS Windows and Ubuntu are UEFI enabled, my query is that if I reset the keys will it effect my Ubuntu Installation?

:)

aaayush_singh, Jul 6, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

It's clear as mud. As far as I can tell, it's specific to Windows, not necessarily activated programs like MacAfee, games, etc etc etc. MS Office, I have no idea.

Here's a lengthy doc on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...initialize-and-configure-ownership-of-the-tpm

Sasqui, Jul 6, 2018
  3. TPM update

From m$

"The Clear-Tpm cmdlet resets the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to its default state. A reset removes the owner authorization value and any keys stored in the TPM. To reset a TPM, you must provide a valid owner authorization value. You can enter an owner authorization value or specify a file that contains the value. If you do not provide a value, the cmdlet attempts to use a value stored in the registry."

Best measures would be a backup, or clone, similar type of save.

Look here

jboydgolfer, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Reset TPM keys

RSA Keys Generated by Infineon TPMs are Insecure

Read more: RSA Keys Generated by Infineon TPMs are Insecure

Brink, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Reset TPM keys

1. Reset TPM keys - Similar Threads - Reset TPM keys

2. Computer Reset Clear tpm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Reset Clear tpm: I decided to fully factory reset my laptop, and then I got a black screen asking me to clear the tpm or not, and I chose to not clear the tpm....I waited for a while and then for hours, the screen just showed up with welcome and the loading circle, and then a black screen,...
  3. Computer Reset Clear tpm

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Reset Clear tpm: I decided to fully factory reset my laptop, and then I got a black screen asking me to clear the tpm or not, and I chose to not clear the tpm....I waited for a while and then for hours, the screen just showed up with welcome and the loading circle, and then a black screen,...
  4. Computer Reset Clear tpm

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Require Startup Key with TPM doesn't require TPM. Really?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Require Startup Key with TPM doesn't require TPM. Really?: I'm used to using Bitlocker without a TPM with pre-boot password required, but now I've got a new PC with TPM, and it puzzles me in several ways. I'm going to ask about the one that affects the way I think I want to use it, which is TPM plus Startup Key. (I use Aegis Apricorn...
  6. TPM-Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    TPM-Factory Reset: I was attempting a factory reset. I created a Restore Drive on another Desktop using Win10 and began the restore. At 30% I had to leave my desk and when I returned 3 hours later, I had a blue rectangle on the screen which stated: "The Following configuration change was...
  7. Keyboard not working on TPM reset page

Keyboard not working on TPM reset page: So I decided to clear and reset my laptop but after the reset my PC is stuck on the TPM reset page, it's asking me to accept or deny it by clicking F12 or ESC but none of my three keyboard seem to work. One of my keyboard is RGB and it doesn't light up when I plug it in I'm...
  8. Windows 10, Reset, TPM clear

Windows 10, Reset, TPM clear: Hello, I own a surface pro3,came with windows 8. It upgraded to windows 10. Now I want to reset my surface pro3 to clean wipe everything for a fresh use. I went to windows reset option and selected "remove all files" option.. after reset, it prompted me to select whether to...
  9. Prompted either clear the TPM and the keys or just continue and this is after a factory reset

Prompted either clear the TPM and the keys or just continue and this is after a factory reset: Yes I don't believe I've got an answer you get back from Mr Smith so I'm still up in the air with my factory reset I've been prompted with the TPM trusted platform and I've done a little research and I do have a driver problem so maybe reset these guys are good thing let me...
  10. Reset TPM failed, resulting in slow login (have PTT not TPM)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset TPM failed, resulting in slow login (have PTT not TPM): I have a Lenovo Ideapad 710s. It has Intel PTT (Platform Trust Technology) rather than a dedicated TPM chip. I got a Windows security center alert telling me that I needed to reset my security processor (clear TPM), so I did, clicking the "clear and restart" button. My...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kernel security check failure tpm