Windows 10: Reset TPM keys

Discus and support Reset TPM keys in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After my latest update to windows 10, it shows that I need to reset my TPM keys, my issue is that I have a parallel version of Ubuntu running and right... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by aaayush_singh, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Reset TPM keys

After my latest update to windows 10, it shows that I need to reset my TPM keys, my issue is that I have a parallel version of Ubuntu running and right now, as of this moment I have UEFI secure boot enabled and both OS Windows and Ubuntu are UEFI enabled, my query is that if I reset the keys will it effect my Ubuntu Installation?

:)

aaayush_singh, Jul 6, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

It's clear as mud. As far as I can tell, it's specific to Windows, not necessarily activated programs like MacAfee, games, etc etc etc. MS Office, I have no idea.

Here's a lengthy doc on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...initialize-and-configure-ownership-of-the-tpm

Sasqui, Jul 6, 2018
  3. TPM update

From m$

"The Clear-Tpm cmdlet resets the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to its default state. A reset removes the owner authorization value and any keys stored in the TPM. To reset a TPM, you must provide a valid owner authorization value. You can enter an owner authorization value or specify a file that contains the value. If you do not provide a value, the cmdlet attempts to use a value stored in the registry."

Best measures would be a backup, or clone, similar type of save.

Look here

jboydgolfer, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Reset TPM keys

RSA Keys Generated by Infineon TPMs are Insecure

Read more: RSA Keys Generated by Infineon TPMs are Insecure

Brink, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Reset TPM keys

1. Reset TPM keys - Similar Threads - Reset TPM keys

2. Prompted either clear the TPM and the keys or just continue and this is after a factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prompted either clear the TPM and the keys or just continue and this is after a factory reset: Yes I don't believe I've got an answer you get back from Mr Smith so I'm still up in the air with my factory reset I've been prompted with the TPM trusted platform and I've done a little research and I do have a driver problem so maybe reset these guys are good thing let me...
  3. TPM or NO TPM That is the Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TPM or NO TPM That is the Question: I have an Asus ROG Maximus Hero X WI-FI-AC and, even though this is built for gaming I use it for everyday work. I have two Two Samsung SSD's, the 970 Pro M.2 which is C drive and the 860 Evo is is D drive. I have done a lot of reading about the TPM that goes to this board...
  4. TPM

TPM: My computer keeps asking me to update TPM firmware. I tried to clear tpm but nothing changed. can someone help me please?? Also I don't understand this TPM log: TPM Device Information -TPM Present: True -TPM Version: 2.0 -TPM Manufacturer ID: IFX -TPM Manufacturer...
  5. tpm

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tpm: It says to clear my TPM I don't know what that is??? Should I if I should what and where is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/tpm/f2604ad9-41af-4133-898d-b07a92e90aed
  6. Reset TPM failed, resulting in slow login (have PTT not TPM)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset TPM failed, resulting in slow login (have PTT not TPM): I have a Lenovo Ideapad 710s. It has Intel PTT (Platform Trust Technology) rather than a dedicated TPM chip. I got a Windows security center alert telling me that I needed to reset my security processor (clear TPM), so I did, clicking the "clear and restart" button. My...
  7. can't make my tpm work for attestation key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't make my tpm work for attestation key: Hello, i can't make my trusted platform module work for the attestation key. It says either not supported in uefi mode and in legacy mode not ready, motherboard: gigabyte ga-z170X-gaming 3-eu (rev 1.0) thank you for your ideas, kind regards, Arnaud...
  8. Need to reset computer that has bitlocker (TPM) activated

Need to reset computer that has bitlocker (TPM) activated: We have a computer with Bitlocker (TPM) on it and I use Sophos to track the recovery key. Each time you use the recovery key it resets the key and tells Sophos the new key. We don't have the windows password to log on so we cannot change the boot pin and I need to do a...
  9. Infineon TPM Modules generating insecure RSA Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Infineon TPM Modules generating insecure RSA Keys: FYI... I get emails for updates for my Lenovo ThinkPad notebook. That said, I got one this morning alerting me that some Lenovo notebooks using Infineon TPM modules are generating insecure RSA keys - RSA Keys Generated by Infineon TPMs are Insecure Anyway, the link...
  10. Configuration change to TPM message after reset

Configuration change to TPM message after reset: I've reset my Asus laptop and now every time I turn it on it comes up with: "A configuration change was requested to clear this computer's TPM (Trusted Platform Module) WARNING: Clearing erases information stored on the TPM. You will lose all created keys and access to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kernel security check failure tpm