Windows 10: reset user permissions/local policy after failed update to 21H2

Discus and support reset user permissions/local policy after failed update to 21H2 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After not upgrading my home Windows for quite a time, yesterday I tried starting 21H2 upgrade.3 hours of blue background counter, it said that there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hale_ru, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Hale_ru Win User

reset user permissions/local policy after failed update to 21H2

After not upgrading my home Windows for quite a time, yesterday I tried starting 21H2 upgrade.3 hours of blue background counter, it said that there was a failure with error code, which has no specific description in MSDN.But the problem is not in that.After the setup has rolled back, I got my user profile permissions damaged, and system tools starting with a 5 sec. lag.in details:- starting Task Manager takes 5 seconds.- starting most "elevated" programs takes 5 sec.- starting language config applet is fast, but any change takes 5-15 seconds.- starting elevated console CTRL+SHIFT "cmd" take

:)

Hale_ru, Nov 29, 2021
  2. begro89 Win User

Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Local Security Policysหายคับ

begro89, Nov 29, 2021
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Nov 29, 2021
  4. reset user permissions/local policy after failed update to 21H2

Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

reset user permissions/local policy after failed update to 21H2

1. reset user permissions/local policy after failed update to 21H2 - Similar Threads - reset user permissions

2. To Reset Default user permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To Reset Default user permissions: I want to reset all default permissions to my pc please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-reset-default-user-permissions/13ef7e2e-fad5-40f3-8b3c-f4beb09150f1
  3. Local user and groups not visible in 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user and groups not visible in 21H2: Hi Experts,I recently updated to windows 10 home 21H2 from 20H2 version. While I was able to use multiple accounts in the 20H2 e.g., adding a guest account etc, this feature no longer supports in the 21H2. Please suggest why it is happening and what is the best way to deal...
  4. Local user and groups not visible in 21H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local user and groups not visible in 21H2: Hi Experts,I recently updated to windows 10 home 21H2 from 20H2 version. While I was able to use multiple accounts in the 20H2 e.g., adding a guest account etc, this feature no longer supports in the 21H2. Please suggest why it is happening and what is the best way to deal...
  5. Local user and groups not visible in 21H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. reset user permissions/local policy after failed update to 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reset user permissions/local policy after failed update to 21H2: After not upgrading my home Windows for quite a time, yesterday I tried starting 21H2 upgrade.3 hours of blue background counter, it said that there was a failure with error code, which has no specific description in MSDN.But the problem is not in that.After the setup has...
  7. reset user permissions/local policy after failed update to 21H2

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    reset user permissions/local policy after failed update to 21H2: After not upgrading my home Windows for quite a time, yesterday I tried starting 21H2 upgrade.3 hours of blue background counter, it said that there was a failure with error code, which has no specific description in MSDN.But the problem is not in that.After the setup has...
  8. Local Security Policy Reset After Updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Security Policy Reset After Updates: I manage a standalone Windows 10 Pro laptop that has its own local auditing policies. It has never touched a domain so has no AD policies over-riding the local policies. The policies are set in secpol.msc. When an update is applied some items are reset to the default, not all...
  9. Changing Dial-In Permissions for a Local User

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Dial-In Permissions for a Local User: Hi, I'm trying to set up a Workgroup server running Win2012R2 Server Core (i.e no Domain so no AD Based solutions, please) to act as a VPN server for an SSTP VPN. I have everything going using a combination of Powershell and RSAT from Win10 Pro EXCEPT giving the local user...
  10. Local group policy -user specific

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local group policy -user specific: Trying to move the local group policy I set up on one of my Windows 10 laptops to all my other windows 10 laptops. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy-user-specific/5392b7b6-66c8-46e0-84c4-52904a9aaac7